1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horizontal lines in projected picture

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by travalon, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travalon

travalon Regular member

So for the 1 upness of it I installed a dvd player and a Sharp Notevision XR-1S dlp projector (connected w/a s-video cable) in my van.(I get movies about 4' wide)Unfortunatly I'm having some problems with horizontal lines rolling up the screen when I play a movie. I am powering the projector and dvd player with a Coleman 1200w (2400w peak) power inverter wired to a deep cell battery that is wired to my alternator. Nothing else is running off the inverter. When I pull the set-up inside everything works fine. But, back out in the van the horizontal lines appear again. I have tried with the engine running and with it off. It doesn't seem to matter. The only thing I can think of is the inverter is using/putting out a modified sine wave (what ever that means). If this is the cause is there a filter I can get to fix the problem? Or maybe I can adjust the dvd player or projector like you used to do for the tracking on vcrs. I appreciate any input you may have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.