1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*HOT* Tech News And Downloads, I Would Read This Thread And Post Any Good Info

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuppa_T

cuppa_T Member

I like a good brew.. hence the nick & sig :)

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@gerry

Thank you very much :)

@cuppa_T

Nice sig, you have come to the right thread :)

3. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning all,on me 2nd cup of 12oz coffee..
    [​IMG]

Addicted To Coffee

You know you are addicted to coffee if ...

You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.

You sleep with your eyes open.

You have to watch videos in fast-forward.

The only time you're standing still is during an earthquake.

You can take a picture of yourself from ten feet away without using the timer.

You've worn out your third pair of tennis shoes this week.

Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.

You chew on other people's fingernails.

The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.

You're so jittery that people use your hands to blend their margaritas.

You can type sixty words per minute with your feet.

You can jump-start your car without cables.

You don't sweat, you percolate.

You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.

You forget to unwrap candy bars before eating them.

You've built a miniature city out of little plastic stirrers.

People get dizzy just watching you.

Instant coffee takes too long.

You channel surf faster without a remote.

You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.

You can outlast the Energizer bunny.

You short out motion detectors.

You don't even wait for the water to boil anymore.

Your nervous twitch registers on the Richter scale.

You help your dog chase its tail.

You soak your dentures in coffee overnight.

Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I.V. hookup.

You ski uphill.

You get a speeding ticket even when you're parked.

You answer the door before people knock.

You haven't blinked since the last lunar eclipse.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I am on iced coffee and tea today, it is going to be 95 or above today, too darn hot for me :)

5. ireland

ireland Active member

ARNIEBEAR AND NEPH HAVING TEA THIS MORNING

[​IMG]

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Notice how mannerly we are the pinkies are out and we both have a pedicure for the occasion, brilliant red is so sexy :eek:

7. ireland

ireland Active member

we all know what ddp is drinking this morn,

[​IMG]

8. ireland

ireland Active member

THIS LOOKS LIKE GOOD CANDY,......

HD HACKER..........HDHacker is a stand-alone micro-util that saves, visualizes, restores the MBR (from a physical drive), the BootSector (from a logical drive) or any sector from a disk too. It can be used, for example, to save and restore a particular boot manager (as LILO, for example) in case of a Windows new setup (that, obviously, overwrites it). An MBR and BootSector backup can also be useful for simple precautionary purposes too, in fact sometimes viruses or other SO (Linux) setup could overwrite them and/or alter them, so it is impossible to start up previous SO and/or have access to datas stored on the disk.....(free).....GO THERE!

http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  9. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING ALL,A SMALL OR LARGE COFFEE
    site is slow today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ireland, that wasn't my picture as i don't drink but i'll take the girl anyhow!!

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@ddp

Well at least you got a girl, all I get in my pic is Neph :eek:

12. ddp

har har hee har!!!!!!

13. ireland

ireland Active member

DRM shows its evil after provider plans disabling bought music
    Posted by Seán Byrne on 02 June 2006 - 01:06 - Source: ZDNet - Blogs

Most consumers of DRM crippled music download services are well aware of at least some of the restrictions in place, such as being limited to listening to their music on certain PCs to what players one may transfer their music to. However, what some may not realise is that these restrictions are not fixed and may be freely changed depending on the service provider. For example, imagine the record labels deciding all the sudden to start taking CDs off consumers because they decided they are no longer entitled to keep their legally purchased CDs, well this seems to be exactly what is happening with a few Dutch OD2 based providers in the Netherlands when it comes to music purchased as downloads.

For example, one Dutch broadband provider which runs a music service by LoudEye offers a choice of ways to listen to its music - Stream, Download for PC playback, Download+ for PC & media player support and a 30 second fragment. Unfortunately, consumers who purchased music as downloads using the service have only recently found out that the music they purchased may no longer be playable after January 1st 2007 after the record labels decided to no longer support the downloading of music on the store's service.

This is not the first time content providers have decided to revoke content from providers, for example, consumers with TiVo’s who recorded a certain eiposide of the Simpsons or King of the Hill lost the right the right to playback their recordings after the content provider apparently decided to no longer allow the playback of these (despite the Simpsons issue being called a “bug”). Thanks to mrdataNY for letting us know about the following news:

One of the lesser discussed but equally troubling evils of digital rights management technology is what I call the "DRM switcheroo." The DRM switcheroo is where the person or company sitting at the DRM controls over the content you've accumulated under one set of rules switches to a new set of rules. What, you don't like the rules? Tough noogies. Because such DRM controls exist, content licensors and providers can pretty much decide to have their way with the content you think you have a right to use.

(further down within an e-mail about the Dutch ISP)

I would say that they're making an absolute case for totally getting rid of the DRM as they are actually taking away the possibility to listen to the music you've legally bought. It might have been bought via a cheap method, but legally, you where entitled to listen to it on your PC. The only possible means to still listen to your [downloaded] music would actually mean that you've got to disconnect your PC from the Net as then they won't be able to update the licensed files (assuming that they have not already done so).

The idiocy of course is that you've bought a product which the seller than decides he doesn't want to support anymore and then revokes your license using DRM.

The full article can be read here. C|net gives further examples of various problems experienced with DRM in this article.

This is just another example of how badly DRM is going out of hand. For example, in this case it is like the record labels coming to knock on their customer’s doors to demand their CDs back saying that they have decided that consumers no longer have the right to keep these CDs. With DRM, this is straight forward to do, since the player needs to authenticate with the content providers server to check the song’s licensing, at least for the first playback.

mrdataNY added: This really high lights a major problem with DRM and the draconian methods of the "powers that be". People work hard for the money in which they receive and when they follow the rules... they are punished by it. Where would that same person go the next time?.... hmmm
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13499

14. ireland

ireland Active member

arniebear.neph got a gal tooooooo.....
    NEPH LIKE'S HIS GALS THIN!

[​IMG]

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Very thin compared to those gals in the back, maybe they can lend her some of what they have :)

16. ireland

ireland Active member

arniebear
    i bet ddp would say this girl is to fat,i understand he likes his gals on the thin side,some what like neph's gal!!!
    [​IMG]

17. ddp

ireland, that last girl you posted is just right. the other 1 looks like an edited picture of a concentration camp survivor or a ww2 japanese pow surviver.

18. ireland

ireland Active member

ddp
    ye can be sure i did not edit both pixs...its the way i found them on the net....

Microsoft criticizes Sony for including Blu-ray in PS3
    Posted by Dan Bell on 02 June 2006 - 04:35 - Source: Games Industry Biz

It looks like Microsoft is throwing gas on the flames in the battle of the blue laser high definition formats. In an interview on Eurogamer, they blasted Sony for making people buy a Blu-ray drive with the PS3. Calling it an unproven technology, they planted the seed of doubt by reminding the audience, that Sony are the folks that brought you the Betamax format.

They say it is a shame that the PS3 comes with an added costs of several hundred pounds because of this and this is why they have given Xbox 360 customers the option to upgrade in the future if they so wish.

Microsoft believes Blu-Ray's inclusion in PS3 plays right into the US firm's hands, since it is offering Xbox 360 users the option to upgrade to next-generation movie tech later this year with the release of a standalone HD-DVD drive.

“If gamers over time choose to go to HD-DVD we're going to give them the choice to do that, but we're not going to force them to buy that day one,” Thompson remarked.

“I find it concerning for consumers that they're being forced into a purchase... I don't think they need to make that decision for another two, three years maybe. Sony now have a very interesting business model I think they're going to find challenging.”

This is an interesting spin and shows once again that the Redmond giant can take lemons and make a tasty lemonade. Remember when the Xbox launched, many said that Microsoft made an error by rushing to market without a HD drive integral to the Xbox 360. Now, they are using this to their advantage...or at least trying to. With a strong desire and even a chance to knock Sony from the top slot of the gaming platform market, rest assured that Microsoft is going to wage a bloody battle against Blu-ray!

If Sony cannot make a go of Blu-ray, do you think the PS3 will suffer? Can Sony withstand yet another failure in the marketplace? The Walkman was a hit, but it was so long ago....
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13500

19. ddp

not blaming you, ireland.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

here ye go ddp,she even flys..

[​IMG]

quote ddp
    not blaming you, ireland.

i know.....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006