1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*HOT* Tech News And Downloads, I Would Read This Thread And Post Any Good Info

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

TOP OF THE MORNING TO YE ALL HERE AT AFTERDAWN
    Irish Breakfast

8 slices Irish bacon
    8 Irish sausages
    4 slices black breakfast pudding
    4 slices white breakfast pudding
    4 medium tomatoes
    4 eggs
    Freshly ground pepper
    Irish cheddar cheese (optional)
    and irish coffee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ireland

ireland Active member

Irish Potato Griddle Cakes,[​IMG]

Serving Size: 8 griddle geeks.

Ingredients:

* 1/2 lb raw potatoes
    * 1/2 lb mashed potatoes
    * 1/2 lb plain flour
    * milk
    * 1 egg
    * salt and pepper

Directions:

Grate or shred the raw potatoes and mix with the cooked mashed potatoes, and add salt, pepper and flour. Beat egg and add to mixture with just enough milk to make a batter of a consistency that will drop from a spoon. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle or frying pan, and cook over a moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve with a tart applesauce, or with sausage, bacon, eggs, and fried bread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  3. Javafriek

Javafriek Guest

Coffee is something that shouldn't be as branded and overpriced as it is now. Absolutely some brands are better than others but don't charge half a day's pay just for a cup of it. What's eveyone here's favorite brand or blend?

4. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning all..on me first cup of coffee.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    TIME FOR A COFFEE BREAK...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Enjoy a donut with your coffee and take a look at Krispy Kreme's annual pinup calendar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

6. ireland

ireland Active member

LOCOENG
    i see ye been eating ye donuts once a month with the donut a month gal and loving it all with a lick and bite on ye donut love.,and using the patch soon after..to get ready for the next month gal.

NOTE IF I WAS YE,I WOULD USE TWO PATCHES..BECAUSE YE GOTS LOTS OF DONNUT EATING TO DO...

First anti-depressant patch is approved

The first skin patch that can treat major depressive disorder has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration. The one-a-day patch has the advantage of freeing patients from dietary restrictions they would have to stick to if they took the same drug in pill form.

The patch contains a medication called Emsam (selegiline), which can trigger sudden spikes in blood pressure if taken orally with certain foods or drinks, such as red wines or cheese. Patients must avoid combining the pill with such foods as the sudden rise in blood pressure can cause dangerously high hypertension, which can result in a stroke.

The lowest-dose version of the patch contains six milligrams of Emsam, a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor. The drug is released through the day and does not carry the same dietary restrictions as the pill.

"The advantage of the patch, nominally, is that it allows you to take an MAOI, and you can still eat your pizza, too," Alan Gelenberg, head of the University of Arizona's psychiatry department told Reuters.

However, patients using higher-dose versions of the patch will still have to adhere to strict dietary guidelines. The FDA approved the patch for adults only.

As with all approved antidepressants in the US, the product, developed by Somerset Pharmaceuticals Inc., will bear a warning of increased risk of suicide in children and adolescents.

The FDA had conditionally approved the patch in 2004.
    Printable version Email to a friend RSS Feed

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  7. Javafriek

Javafriek Guest

Latte's ,when prepared correctly, will make you bulletproof, be able to run 75 mph, jump 3 stories high, rip trees out of the ground with hardly any effort, and sneeze acid.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING ALL
    WHO WANT A WEE DROP OF TEA?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOTE:it morning to me as i just got up..

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning all! Just had my coffee and egg sandwhich but I don't feel like being here at the office:

@Ireland: may I have your permission to leave? Secondly, I've heard of "black pudding" (and the thought gives me psychsomatic indegestion) but what is white pudding ... anemia?

10. ireland

ireland Active member

jerry1 and all...

good morning,put it this way as its morning as i just got up about a hour ago..

White pudding

White pudding or Oatmeal Pudding is a meat dish popular in Scotland and Ireland. It is very similar to black pudding, but does not include blood. Consequentially, it consists of pork meat and fat, suet, bread, and oatmeal formed into the shape of a large sausage. Earlier versions (pre-1990) often had brain matter (sheep) added as a binding agent.

Many versions are suitable for vegetarians, in that they contain no animal fat, vegetable fat being used instead.

[​IMG]
    An Irish breakfast consisting of sausages, black and white pudding, bacon and fried eggs, served with orange juice.
    An Irish breakfast consisting of sausages, black and white pudding, bacon and fried eggs, served with orange juice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_pudding
    The pudding may be cooked whole, or cut into slices and fried. It is an important feature of the traditional Irish breakfast. White pudding (as well as its black and red relatives) is also served battered at chip shops in Scotland as an alternative to fish (see fish and chips). When served this way, accompanied by chips, it is known as a White Pudding Supper. In Scotland, it is also a traditional companion to mince and tatties.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  11. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING ALL up for a wee wee break

[​IMG]

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland...Good morning! I'm doing something naughty; I'm taking a mental health day from work and will enjoy a long slow coffee and perhaps even cook a real breakfast. I deserve a break today. (McDonald ditty)

13. Javafriek

Javafriek Guest

Mental health day? Sounds like I could use a week or two of those lol. Is that like a sick day or something gerry?

14. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning to ye all from all over the world..

[​IMG]

and the coffee is on me today..

[​IMG]

15. ireland

ireland Active member

PHONE CALL THIS MORN,FROM THIS GAL,

she wants to know who wants to have hot tea or me for breakfast?
    [​IMG]

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning everyone...fine set of muffins to go with my coffee there Ireland!

@javafriek...yes, a mental health day is like a sick day but you're sick of work LOL! I seldom get sick though so I use those days they give us for other purposes or I'll lose them. Some firms pay you for not using them but with us, we just lose them so I use them for the occasional mental health day.

Actually, I should have taken the mental health day today. I came in and no one bothered to inform me that my next client is blind. I have nothing against the blind mind you, I am a social worker after all, but I was given a whole stack of government paperwork which I must explain to the client and have him sign...it would have helped considerably had they given me translations as the documents are in braille !!! Nothing like working for government agencies; I wonder why the country just doesn't implode sometimes. Fifteen years ago I would have been very ticked off but now that I'm reallly jaded and don't give a f$$k, it so much easier to handle such situations...just say f$$k it, grab my coffee, make a toast to my blind and sighted buddies alike and say "CHEERS"!

17. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING WORLD,TIME FOR SOME FAST FOOD AND COFFEE,
    a normal afterdawn breakfast..

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  18. Javafriek

Javafriek Guest

I like your attitude gerry, it must be the coffee..calms the nerves and revives the senses. I'll have what you're having.

19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Happy St. Paddy's Day all and have some cookies on me :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Javafriek

Javafriek Guest

Thanks arnie! Mmmm tasty and green. Happy Paddy's day!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.