1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*HOT* Tech News And Downloads, I Would Read This Thread And Post Any Good Info

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Arniebear...You're a mindreader buddy! We have an ikea in south Philly and I'll probably be buying everything but my lamps there on Saturday. Really great stuff and you can't beat the prices.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I agree on the prices. I live in Ohio so the nearest IKEA for me I believe is in Columbus. But in Virginia, at Potomac Mills Outlet they had a massive one, and the prices were really good. And the kids play area was to die for.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

Bush admits p2p file sharing

p2p news / p2pnet: RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) chieftain Mitch Bainwol today hand-delivered a p2p file sharing subpoena to US president George W. Bush, say sources.

George W. has been video-taped openly admitting he plays music by The Beatles on the BushPod.

The Big Four Organized Music cartel's RIAA is now after him for stealing copyrighted downloads.

"We have to be seen to be scrupulously fair," says Bainwol. "We've subpoenaed more than 18,000 men, women and children for doing the same thing, so we can hardly ignore Predent Bush's transgressions, even if he is our leader."

Recordings by The Beatles are sacrosanct and the remaining Beatles have only just agree to allow the band's works to be posted online.

You can see the Sky.com video of Bush admitting that he's a file sharing thief here, and just to be safe, we also have a copy here.

(Monday 17th April 2006)
    http://p2pnet.net/story/8546

4. ireland

ireland Active member

Microsoft Patches Causing Breakages, Lockups

By Ryan Naraine
    April 17, 2006
    Two patches released in Microsoft's April batch of security updates are causing system hangs, Windows crashes and the appearance of strange dialog boxes.
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332032

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Good morning all, coffee for anyone?

[​IMG]

It is cheese danish for me this morning :)

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@arniebear...yes, I'll have coffee please; cream, no sugar. I'll pass on the cheese danish and have an egg and cheese sandwich.

7. little155

little155 Regular member

I'm not from your area. IKEA = ?

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Well since we are both having cheese maybe we should go over to the cheese lovers thread. I think I am changing my order to a bacon sandwich, I been having toooooo much cheeeeeeeeese lately, lol.

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

IKEA is a store that sells scandanavian and modern furniture and accessories.

http://www.ikea.com/

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@arnie...in excess, cheese is constipating. If we continue, we'll have to start a thread of fruit, fiber and regularity LOL!

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

And a fine store it is! I'll be there for quite a while come Saturday. At the risk of sounding silly, have you ever had their Swedish meatballs?

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

No but they sound delicious, after all that cheese I want some meat. Lent is over I can have meat, meat, meat. As for fruit, do you really thing you will get a lot of fruit lover replies, lol ;)

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

The Swedish Meatballs are great; they also sell five pound bags to bring home.

Ah, you're a catholic boy! I was a theology major you know; it has brought me far in life LOL! I can syllogize with the best of them! ...lots of call for that you know LOL!

I remember lent so well. Those terrible fridays without meat making lobster or scallops the weekly sacrifice. My Dad use to quite smoking every lent ... I've never quite decided if there was any spiritual merit to quitting for lent what one should not be doing in the first place LOL!

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

My daughter gave up Starbucks coffee for lent, she asked me what I was giving up, and I told her I was giving up giving anything up. I was able to keep that one :)

15. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning all,

edit
    ireland

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  16. ireland

ireland Active member

for ye 'acoustic' guitar lovers
    [​IMG]
    An 'acoustic' guitar with automatic tuning
    April 18, 2006 6:39 AM PDT
    Our Jan. 11 story about the Performer self-tuning system for solid-body electric guitars focused on how the device was developed and how it works. But it also included the observation, offered by the Performer's inventor, Neil Skinn, that most requests for automatic tuners come from acoustic-instrument players, not from electric-guitar players.

Unfortunately, the approximately 3.5 pounds of electronics and miniaturized machinery that go into a Performer installation aren't suited to hollow-body guitars, whose sound derives not only from the vibration of steel or nylon strings but from the accompanying vibrations of the guitar body's thin tone woods.
    Photos: Retrofitted solid-body acoustic

A Performer setup--bulky and heavy as it is--would interfere too much with the tone of a hollow-body instrument. Solid-body electric guitar bodies, meanwhile, are carved out of a single slab of solid wood, often mahogany or ash, some of which is routed out to accommodate the Performer.

The Performer installation is kept separate from the guitar's sound circuitry and has no effect on the instrument's tone, though it does allow the player to select any one of more than 200 tunings with the touch of a button. (Check out the alternate-tuning Web site presented by Skinn's company, TransPerformance.)

That is small comfort to acoustic fans, who, until recently, have been left to tune manually. Skinn found something of a work-around, however, by adapting his system to Gibson USA's Chet Atkins SST, a "solid-body acoustic" that is constructed like a solid-body electric but, when plugged into an amplifier, sounds like an acoustic guitar. Skinn says one of the highlights of the new setup is what he calls the Piezo Rocker Bridge, a string bridge he designed using an easily adjustable piezo transducer made by Highland Musical Audio Products.

The installation price for the Gibson Chet Atkins SST is $4,975. The customer supplies the guitar.

Which brings up one more issue: The Chet Atkins SST, while still in stock at some retailers and available used, was discontinued by Gibson as of Jan. 1. Skinn said he will talk to any guitar builder who might be interested in building a solid-body acoustic like the Chet Atkins.
    http://news.com.com/2061-10801_3-6062169.html?part=rss&tag=6062169&subj=news

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  17. ireland

ireland Active member

edit
    ireland

18. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning all,on me second cup of coffeeeeeeeee

edit

19. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

Good morning! I'm having my coffee some coffee and yet more coffee this morning,got to get the mind in gear!

Drat...out of smokes,can't have coffee without them!

20. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Here you go

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.