*HOT* Tech News And Downloads, I Would Read This Thread And Post Any Good Info

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

@arniebear, Thank you sir! Fortunately the store is only a block away. The crisis is over and my morning can now go on as planned.

How did you know my brand?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning Box! Ran out of ciggs huh? I NEVER let that happen LOL!

@box and arniebear....I just heard something on the news...
    The Italians are going to open a University in Iran and they're going to call it:

AYE-AH-TOLL-AH U

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Sounds like a good aternative to all those upcoming high school grads who are being turned down by Universities here.

4. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

Good morning gerry,Yes I did run out of smokes,I had to pay $7.90 for a pack! I have a friend from work who picks them up for me in Indiana,only $28.00 for a carton,but he took off work yesterday due to nice weather.lol!

I also heard about that new university opening...I understand uniforms will be mandatory to cut down on peer pressure, all students are required to wear pin striped Italian suits!

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO!!

6. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

I also noticed from pictures I've seen that all the students appear to be taking up the violin,as they all are carrying the cases.

I had no idea the violin was so popular in this day and age!

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Squeek, squeek, squeek.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

Italian suits,oops wrong suit
    [​IMG]

if ye see a guy warring a Italian pin strip suit and ye get a kiss ye might be waring this.

[​IMG]

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

She is much better than a violin :eek:

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Good morning folks! Today its very strong coffee...cup after cup of it because I've got a couple of hundred pages of new and lobotomizing government regs to read

@brobear...any idea where I can get the cliff notes on this one??

11. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning,afternoon or what ever,just got up....ist cup of coffee

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  12. ireland

ireland Active member

edit
    ireland

13. ireland

ireland Active member

edit
    ireland

14. ireland

ireland Active member

Congress readies new digital copyright bill

By Declan McCullagh
    Staff Writer, CNET News.com
    Published: April 23, 2006, 6:00 AM PDT
    Tell us what you think about this storyTalkBack E-mail this story to a friendE-mail View this story formatted for printingPrint

For the last few years, a coalition of technology companies, academics and computer programmers has been trying to persuade Congress to scale back the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Now Congress is preparing to do precisely the opposite. A proposed copyright law seen by CNET News.com would expand the DMCA's restrictions on software that can bypass copy protections and grant federal police more wiretapping and enforcement powers.

The draft legislation, created by the Bush administration and backed by Rep. Lamar Smith, already enjoys the support of large copyright holders such as the Recording Industry Association of America. Smith is the chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee that oversees intellectual-property law.

Smith's press secretary, Terry Shawn, said Friday that the Intellectual Property Protection Act of 2006 is expected to "be introduced in the near future."

"The bill as a whole does a lot of good things," said Keith Kupferschmid, vice president for intellectual property and enforcement at the Software and Information Industry Association in Washington, D.C. "It gives the (Justice Department) the ability to do things to combat IP crime that they now can't presently do."

A DMCA dispute
    But one of the more controversial sections may be the changes to the DMCA. Under current law, Section 1201 of the law generally prohibits distributing or trafficking in any software or hardware that can be used to bypass copy-protection devices. (That section already has been used against a Princeton computer science professor, Russian programmer Dmitry Sklyarov and a toner cartridge remanufacturer.)

READ IT ALL HERE
    http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-6064016.html?part=rss&tag=6064016&subj=news

15. ireland

ireland Active member

good afternoon all,up all night,on my second cup of coffee..

FREE CODEC..........One file for all your advanced codec needs. Most advanced codec pack, contains always the latest version of codecs to play popular multimedia formats .....(free).....GO THERE!
    http://www.m5studio.internetdsl.pl/codec.html

One of the most advanced codec pack.
    Contains always the latest version of codecs to play popular multimedia formats.

DivX Pro™ 6.1.1.2 Codec Full
    XviD 1.2 (07.01.2006)
    Ligos Indeo® XP Codec 5.2820.15.58
    Cinepak Codec by Radius Inc.
    AC3Filter 1.02a (test5)
    Fraunhoffer IIS Mpeg Layer-3 DirectShow Decoder 1.9.0.311
    Fraunhoffer IIS Mpeg Layer-3 ACM Codec 1.9.0.305
    Ogg Vorbis 1.1.0.79
    Ogg Vorbis DirectShow Filter 0.9.9.6
    Ogg Vorbis DirectShow Filter Decoder (1.0)
    Ogg Vorbis Audio ACM Codec 0.0.3.6
    DivX AntiFreeze 0.4

* all necessary codecs in one pack
    * always the latest version of codecs
    * no advertising, no spyware
    * keep your system clean

http://www.m5studio.internetdsl.pl/codec.html

16. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning all,just making a pot of steaming coffee..come ye all for a cup of hot coffee.

RIAA nails family with no computer,[​IMG]

p2p news / p2pnet: In their latest sue 'em all mess, the owners of the RIAA have subpoenaed a Georgia family for allegedly sharing files online, says the Rockmark Journal.

Targeted by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) is Carma Walls and the subpoena states:

"Plaintiffs are informed and believe that Defendant, without the permission or consent of Plaintiffs, has used, and continues to use, an online media distribution system to download the copyrighted recordings, to distribute the copyrighted recordings to the public, and/or to make the copyrighted recordings available for distribution to others'."

Interesting: "has used, and continues to use". However, the Walls don't even own a computer.
    http://p2pnet.net/story/8612

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  17. i_suck

i_suck Guest

good morning ireland :)

18. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

No lawsuits, please![​IMG]

19. ireland

ireland Active member

Beware wireless hacking

SECURITY experts are warning internet users of a new threat to their computer systems, with thieves gaining access to other people's broadband from unsecured wireless networks in homes and businesses. Known as "leaching", the unusual form of theft involves neighbours and passers-by logging on to a home or business wireless network and surfing the web for free. The consequences can range from slower download speeds to massive bills for unsuspecting network owners. Market research firm IDC estimates there are more than 200,000 wireless networks operating in homes around Australia, increasing the opportunities for sneak thieves. Stealing internet access has also become easier. Thieves need only a tiny wireless card for their laptop computer.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

DMCA law-makers prepare the thumbscrews

Knowledge will be illegal

By Nick Farrell: Monday 24 April 2006, 16:26
    NEW, TOUGHER copyright laws are being considered by Congress that could make even the knowledge of how to bypass copy-protection illegal.

Under current law, it is illegal to distribute or traffic in any software or hardware that can be used to bypass copy-protection devices.

Under changes being considered in DMCA II, the law would include the "making, importing, exporting, obtain[ing] control of, or possession of" certain hacking tools, if they may be redistributed to someone else.

According to Peter Jaszi, who teaches copyright law at American University, the change in wording will mean that if you tell others about holes in DRM software you could go to jail.

The current law was seen as bad enough. The first people to discover Sony's Rootkit were apparently terrified that the government would lock them away under the DMCA. The tightening of the law would have made this a certainty.

Under the propsed legislation, copyright crimes could be investigated by wiretaps, criminal penalties for breaches would double, computers thought to be used to commit acts of piracy could be seized and disposed of and record companies and movie studios could keep "records documenting the manufacture, sale or receipt of items involved in" any infringements.

In other words, the RIAA will be allowed to get any records they like and find out what every single person has downloaded in their life. µ

L'INQ
    News.com
    http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-6064016.html?part=rss&tag=6064016&subj=news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.