1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

if you buy the modchip, you can buy another xbox like $60 now.

Just my opinion

2. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Hi There,

I recently used your hotswap method to repair and softmod an xbox. It worked wonderfully! Thanks so much for the wonderfully written tutorial. I do have a question, though. I used the mhack files to get evox on my machine. If I wanted to boot to UnleashX rather than evox, how would I go about changing this? I've attempted to change the dash, but it doesn't seem to want to boot to anything other than the factory dash and evox. I have been able to add UnleashX as an application in evox and boot from there, but I would prefer to boot straight in if possible. Any assistance you could provide is appreciated. Thanks.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

So do the ftp. List all files and folders on ROOT of C and E drive. List all files and folder inside the DASHBOARD folder.

If there is any chance, backup eeprom.

I can you help you out.

4. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Thanks for the reply. In C, I have Audio, fonts, xboxdashdata185EAD00, xodash, XBox Book.xtf, Xbox.xtf,and xboxdash.xbe. In E, there is Apps, Backup, Cache, Emulators, games, Saves, Screenshots, Skin, TData, UData, evox.ini, evoxdash.xbe, items.txt, and sid4-hd.bin. I don't have a Dashboards folder.

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

what are in the apps?

Here is what you need to get:

- the complete working Unleash. If not, your xbox can't not load any dashboard.

- get ftp connection. ftp unleash to root of E drive.

Let me know what are in the ROOT of E drive before doing any thing else.

6. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Xbox media Center is in the apps folder. I have Unleash. I downloaded it via chunkhead's Software Download page. My ftp connection is set and I have sent unleash to E as you requested. The unpacked unleash folder contains:

Config.xml
    Default.xbe
    English
    French.xml
    German.xml
    MetallicAtmosphere.zip
    Readme.txt
    Spanish.xml
    Unleashx0.39.0222A.nfo

I am assuming this is complete?

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

So now on ROOT E drive, you should have these:
    Apps
    Backup
    Cache
    Emulators
    games
    Saves
    Screenshots
    Skin
    TData
    UData
    evox.ini
    evoxdash.xbe
    items.txt
    sid4-hd.bin
    Config.xml
    Default.xbe
    English.xml
    French.xml
    German.xml
    MetallicAtmosphere.zip
    Readme.txt
    Spanish.xml
    Unleashx0.39.0222A.nfo

IF NO, Hold right here.

did you load this unleash dash to see if it work?

IF YES, follow these steps:
    - connect ftp
    - goto E drive
    - rename evoxdash.xbe to evox.xbe
    - rename Default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe
    - reboot xbox. It will load unleash as default dashboard.

Let me know.

8. domyue

domyue Member

Hi I have a slave drive on PRIMARY IDE (no master on this cable)
    On SECONDARY IDE I have master and slave DVD-RW drives.

Then my boot HDD is on a separate SATA slot on mobo.
    Which IDE should I use for the xbox - should I take out the slave HDD on the PRIMARY IDE and just use that cable??

BTW, The last time I plugged in a HDD when the PC was running, it crashed my windows...how would I plug in the xbox one in windows if this happens??

My BIOS does not have anything remarkable, I know both IDE are activated (cos normally I use them both anyway) and I don't think there's anything else I can configure in regards to IDE channels.

Thanks

9. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Thanks Return that worked like a charm! I see now what I was doing wrong. Thanks again and take care!

10. ufo59

ufo59 Member

the Return, thank you for all your help! Now I'll go and built myself an eeprom reader :)
    I'll be back. Keep up the great work. Much appreciated! ufo59

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@domyue

So you have PC's hdd is SATA. So you can remove all devices on Secondary IDE. it will connect to xbox's hdd.

If the windows crash, disconnect xbox's hdd then connect it back to xbox. So you can not do hotswap with these configuration.

12. domyue

domyue Member

Last time I did it with the secondary IDE (removed both dvd-rw drives), it recognised the xbox harddrive as some SCSI device...

If I don't change BIOS and attach a HDD to the IDE cable that has always had dvd drives in, will that matter??

Is there any harm with doing it on my primary IDE cable instead??

I'll give it a go once I get your reply.
    Thanks a lot

13. pastlog

pastlog Member

return i am using a hacked SlaYers disk and i need to know the password to relock the hdd because it wont completely relock so i cant play my xbox.also if you know how to mod halo3 please tell me because i have a 360.

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@domyue
    it wont harm the PC. Yes you can try the other IDE cable.

@pastlog
    Nobody know your xbox password. You have to backup eeprom before unlock the hdd. If you dont, you need the eeprom reader

15. pastlog

pastlog Member

ok thanks but do you know how to mod a 360?

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

no I dont

17. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

ok im full of questions today ! this is the second xbox ive bought and they get an error code 11 when i unplug the dvd drive power and ide .... how can i mod this (v1.6) if thats right ? i have all the tools , can do a hotswap,AID installer and xboxHDM with files installed......plz help ... im gonna cry !!!!! lol

18. pastlog

pastlog Member

Dude don't unplug anything if you just bought andwant to mod it. All you need is splinter cell, action replay and flashfxp and dot halo ( both are for pc).

19. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

thankz for the reply .. i have 007 and a memory card, and 1 already modded xbox and flashFXP. i live in canada and i cant get on of these action replay things. does any 1 know where i can get the 007 game save from ? and after i use it then what ... will the xbox read the AID disk? i need help ... because this new xbox will not let me run xboxhdm on it ...plz help.. bye 4 now

20. gaber2009

gaber2009 Member

I'm going crazy I've seen it done on youtube I've read about it but I can't get it to work!!!!! I keep getting an error: "could not find a FATX drive to open" WHAT DO I DO!!!! The computer is recognizing the drive I see it at the bootup screen under secondary, I also tried it under primary! If you don't believe me here are the pics to prove it!
    [​IMG]