1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

ok i downloaded the mod files and i did hotswap and i did the iso thing and put the c folder in the partition3, and e folder in the partition4 and still got error 16 was i suppose to put the mod files .roo to .r21

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You have to extract .r00 first. extract it all the way untill you see the C and E folder. Then copy everything in C foder to partition 3 and copy everything inside the E folder to partition 4.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006
  3. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

when i try to extract it, it says no archives found

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

because it is an ISO. so you need to download any xbox iso program to open it.

5. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

where can i download that program at

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. DeerMtn

DeerMtn Member

Well, I managed to install the Xenium Gold chip and I ended up having to put in a spare harddrive I had laying around... I guess it was the harddrive that was the prob - now my teenager says that I won't be able to have the Xbox on Live because of the hdd not being the orig... haven't I read somewhere that you can still upgrade the drive and be able to get on Live? If you would be so kind as to direct me to the proper place to do all of this further reading, I'd sure appreciate it! :)
    TIA, DeerMtn

I really don't know what I got... lol

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Basically, you can't go Live with the modchip ON. If you turn off modchip and boot into ms dashboard then you can go LIVE.

The hdd may be not a factor which I am not sure. But you should use any 8-10GB hdd for safety. Someone has used the big one too.

9. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

ok i downloaded that xbox iso program now what?

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

try to open that file with iso progam.

you only need Winrar and Iso software. These two will extract the softmod file all the way inside.

11. ogreius

ogreius Member

ERROR 7 NO MICROSOFT XPLORER360 DOESNT WORK EITHER

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

Most of the times, the IDE cable is not properly connected when you see this error. Please reattach the ide cable. Not only to the harddisk drive but also to the dvd drive. ALso try to reconnect the ide cable to the motherboard.

Press pretty hard so it goes all the way in. Make sure it is seated straight and proper in the drives and the motherboard. If you still have an error 7. Try another ide cable. If that won't work try another harddisk. If there is still no go, try to set the jumpers on the rearside of the harddisk drive. Set it to master or cable select. If still no succes, good luck and sell your xbox to me rolleyes.gif

You can't do hotswap with error 07.

13. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

tell me how to extract that file because i open the xbox iso program and click extract iso and i go to the folder where i put the 324mb soft mod files and it doesnt show the files and i just dont know how to extract it

14. Kinglion

Kinglion Member

I just checked and I have error 21. What I want to do before I get started is be able to softmod again and actually add a larger harddrive. Will all this be possible if the hotswap works. Also, if I do the hotswap and it works and dont wanna softmod will I be able to play online LIVE without a problem

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@bigchriss
    do step by step. Let say the file, that you downloaded, is Shademand.rar 324MB.

- double click on Shademand.rar so the winrar will open. You will see a lot of file in there. So extract them all out to Desktop.

- you have .r00 to .rxx right? if so, double click on .r00 and the winrar will open. what do you see in there? List here with the extension too and extract them all to Desktop.

@Kinglion
    Yes.
    First you need to download the Shademand softmod file 324MB. Then extract them all the way until you have C and E folder.

Then do hotswap and read instruction "INSTALL SOFTMODE FILES FOR XBOX".

When your xbox work again then I will help you to upgrade hdd.

Of course, you may get banned if you go Live.

16. racers

racers Guest

when i try to open the drive it says
    cannot find a FATX to open

17. Kinglion

Kinglion Member

Do I have to use that specific softmod when doing this? Or is just the easiest when doing a hot swap?

18. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

ok im downloading the mods agian because the ones i downloaded had things missing, because i unchecked something now im downloading it agian and im not going to uncheck anything im going to let it download all of it

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@bigchriss

The Shademand file is a complete softmod files. So after you copy it to the xbox's hdd, your xbox is already softmoded. You dont have do anything else. Just do the hotswap and copy Shademand files to xbox's hdd.

@racers
    did you disconnect IDE cable too early?
    Tell me more how you do?

20. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

im just wondering how much MB is in 1GB