1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

good bye!

2. FunkyBich

FunkyBich Guest

hey little boy im still here!!!
    say plz and i'll think about it

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I already said it.

4. FunkyBich

FunkyBich Guest

scince i feel srry for you i will leave
    but know that i work like a fisherman, at times i catch bitches and letem go, like so,
    but sometimes i sit and bakem and eatem!

5. RiceCakey

RiceCakey Member

"Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod"

Thats an interesting one.
    I'll have to download it first but something tells me I'm not gonna like what I see, since I've seen tons of these packages and all they are, are renamed, stolen code from valuable installers like Krayzies or Kingroaches' installer.

As horrifying as AID or SID were when they were dumped onto the 'scene for the unintelligent to explore...

6. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

@THE RETURN

did you read whats in the C and E folders that you told me to tell you whats in there

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@RiceCakey
    "Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod" is the complete working softmod files of C and E drive.

Basiccally, Shademand softmoded his xbox. Then ftp everything in C and E drive to C and E folder on PC. Then rar it and upload it.

8. RiceCakey

RiceCakey Member

Tis true.

But what installer is it based off of?
    Does it have dualboot features?
    Triboot features?
    FuckMS'es dashboard features?
    What softmod variant is it?
    Are the people who creted the installer even thanked properly?

Details! Lol.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Well you can ask Shademand about it. I have not used his files yet. So I dont know.

10. RiceCakey

RiceCakey Member

True. I'll probably have to dig information up about that. Its just after SID and AID, hearing about some new "amaizing package" that every noob should blindly trust is almost horrifying.

Course then again I come from a time where you needed to really know what you were doing because it was all done by hand. Trusing an autoinstaller or prebuilt installer was almost unheard of.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

12. pjnoobi

pjnoobi Member

Hey Return - great stuff.
    i have my xbox HDD i think is blown - showing error 06 when i boot.
    Can i do this HDD swap with a mates xbox HDD and copy his down to a new HDD?
    ANy one know a way around this?

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

with error 06, you can't do hotswap.

14. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@TheReturn

Let me ask a question, even with a error 6 you should be able to unlock HD right? the reason I ask that because I'm trying to up grade my HD to 120G I get an error 6 but I can still unlock and lock my Xbox HD and the 120G HD using the same password, so with the error 6 you should be able to unlock it that if you know the password right? TheReturn.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

If you understand the above, you should be able to understand what this means. It means you are trying to boot up the xbox with an harddisk that is locked in combination with ANOTHER motherboard than you are using it with right now.

What can i do about it, you ask? Well place the harddisk back in the xbox where it came from. After that, UNLOCK the harddisk with the same procedure i explained above (see error 5). Now when the harddisk is UNLOCKED, put it in the xbox which gave you the error. Now when you boot up with the chip ON it should not give you an error anymore.

However when you put the xbox on with the chip OFF your xbox will give you an error. (error 5) So to make sure you can boot original and boot with the chip ON. Next do the same as above: "Boot up your xbox with the chip on. Preferrably with a slayer evo-x cd. Now you choose "Eeprom management." Than you choose: "Lock hdd." It takes one second. After its ready it should say something like "Done"
    When it is ready just turn off your xbox. Disable your chip and try to boot original. Now there should be no more error.

Yes, you can unlock it if you know the key/password. But xbox can not unlock it. You have to lock the hdd with xbox's eeprom.bin by using xboxhdm1.9

16. chubalito

chubalito Member

hey when i open xplorer360 I get....

ERROR *!!

OUT OF DATA WHILE READING CLUSTER 13797.

does that mean my hard drive is bad?

17. chubalito

chubalito Member

and if i keep pressing okay. I get the same error but with a different cluster. I see all for partions but I get cluster erros.

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yep, hdd may be bad. This requires you to reformat the xbox's hdd. But you can't do it now.

Did you back up all files to PC?
    What is the problem that you have with xbox?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2006
  19. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

hey the return:

i got a ms dash and i will tell you whats in the C and E folders:

C folder has: audio folder, backup folder, fonts folder, xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder, xodash folder, xbox book.xtf file, xbox.xtf file, xboxdash.xbe file

E folder has: apps folder, cache folder, dashboard folder, screenshots folder, shadowc folder, skins folder, tdata folder, udata folder

now is this a o.k. ms dash

20. lsvtec

lsvtec Member

im having trouble when i use xplorer360 i only see partitions 0,1,2,3 there is no partition 4.. plz help =)