1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. chubalito

chubalito Member

yeah I have all the files. Well, if I format using xboxhdm, if my HDD is still good then after the format, I should be able to run xboxplorer360 without any cluster problems..right?

I had an error 16, so I used xboxhdm first to rebuild by hotswapping. I turned off the xbox before reconnecting the ide cable. So when I put it back I was getting ERROR 5 (HDD not locked). I got the spider gx chip,(xbox v1.0) installed it. Flashed it with x4981 bios. Locked the HDD. Used Slayers 2.6 but it wouldn't load. So now I get an ERROR 16 with chip off, and ERROR 13 with chip on. First and foremost I think I need a working MSDASH on the drive. I have a clean MS dash. I have two xboxes. The other one works fine(spider gx chip, 160 HDD v1.0 x4981bios)

So i am basically trying to rebuild the non-working retail HDD. So since the main xbox with the problem has a chip I don't really need the HD KEY because I can access the SPIDER GX OS. So I really don't need to hotswap. I unlock then I lock using Spider GX OS.

2. chubalito

chubalito Member

I have also tried AID 3.0. So I want try and transfer the EVOX dash so I can ftp, using the xboxplorer 360.

3. DingoJack

DingoJack Member

Hello ppl
    I'm new to this forum and heard this is the best place to get advise about Xbox Mods problems
    I'm a adult and i'm doing this for my Kids so bare with me.
    I have a good knowledge of computers and i hear xboxs are not much different
    Problem:.....

Xbox is softmodded
    kids accidently delete all of E drive (spose to delete highlighted /Games/etc
    System booted to a Xbox screen and then hung
    then the box went to a error 12 call service screen
    disk drive will not open red and greent lights on buttons
    Question:....
    Can this be fixed ???????

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@bigchriss
    - Copy everything inside C folder to partition 3
    - Copy everything inside E folder to partition 4

You will be ok.

@lsvtec
    damn, what happened? YOu have to reformat the E drive only. But DO NOT UNLOCK HDD. Then you are ok.

5. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

allright i will do that right now

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@DingoJack
    Yes, it can be fix.
    This hotswap will fix it. Just download the Shademand softmod file 324MB then you are able to fix it.

@chubalito
    since you have modchip, your xbox should load AID and Slayer disk. Then you can fix your xbox very easily.

So what are you trying to do now?

7. lsvtec

lsvtec Member

thanks Thereturn for the info what progrm should i use to format E drive?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

9. chubalito

chubalito Member

I'm trying to get a harddrive installed. I screwed the original one up. I used xboxhdm to reformat but it froze, then I tried to reformat the fatx partion, it froze too. The AID & Slayers won't boot. I tried them in my other xbox and they won't boot there either. I have tried nero 5 , nero 7.0, and record now max. i have tried the philips, thompson and samsung. The back-up games i burn work fine. All I'm trying to do is get evox so I can ftp. I have two blank ide drives that I can use. 1 80 GB and 1 10 GB(from the other xbox that I formatted to use in my PC)

10. chubalito

chubalito Member

thanx the return. I figured it out. I swapped drives with a modded one. And worked like a charm. The original HD was busted from the get go. Ima just swap drives. Thanks for all of your help.

11. DingoJack

DingoJack Member

@The Return

Thanks for your advise I'll get the required software
    I have read through the previous pages and you mention that the MICROSOFT word must appear under the XBOX ... Well this does not happen with this boot up it just hangs and then it goes to the ERROR 12 SERVICE REQUIRED page.
    Can you please give me the instuctions to fix the problem
    Please

DingoJack

12. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

error 12 means that the IDE cable is disconnected from the cd-rom drive on the xbox or there is something wrong with the cd-rom drive on the xbox

13. DingoJack

DingoJack Member

bigchriss

Last time i checked it was connected and working

DingoJack

14. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

check the yellow wire too there should be a yellow wire connected on the cd-rom drive aswell, the yellow one is connected to the motherboard and the cd-rom drive check to see if it is all pluged in if it is, and you still get the error 12 the you need a new cd-rom drive

15. DingoJack

DingoJack Member

bigchriss

I'll check it out
    bbl

DingoJack

16. DingoJack

DingoJack Member

@The Return

Ok i have Shademand softmod file
    What should i do now ??

DingoJack

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

extract it all the way until you have C and E folder.

For error 12, the hotswap may not work because it dues to DVD drive's problem like bigchriss said.

Before you do hotswap, reboot xbox a couple of time and watch closely when xbox start to goes to error 12. When do hotswap, just dis connect IDE cable right before it goes to error 12.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@bigchriss
    Is you xbox ok now?

19. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

yes thank you so much

20. DingoJack

DingoJack Member

@The Return
    I have tried what you said to do but with no success
    it takes 34 seconds for it to go to the 12 error
    how many seconds you reckon before i change cables?

It seems that the cd rom works if ya disconnect the hdd then reconnect it then i get error 21 :/

Also with the Xplorer360 does it matter where it is installed on the system ?

DingoJack