1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. lrmoura1

lrmoura1 Guest

*"IDE secondary slave" idk y the hell i put audio

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Do you know about PC?
    There are 2 IDE cable on PC: primary and secondary.

- PC's hdd is on primary IDE cable.
    - ONLY xbox's hdd is on secondary IDE cable. NOTHING ELSE.

So xbox's hdd and PC's hdd are NOT on the same IDE cable.

3. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

@yuiiiio

download the one on the first page on this site, download the one that says megaupload. when you go there it will say something xbox tools download it, save it to my documents and in it will have C and E folder click on that and (in that folder it is C and E folders) now when you are going to put it in the hdd (copy everything that is in)the C folder to partition 3 and (copy everything that is in)the E folder to partition 4.

THE DOWNLOAD FROM MEGAUPLOADS ON FIRST PAGE IS THE RIGHT MS DASH I KNOW I USED IT TO FIX MY XBOX AND IT WORKED (SEE RESTORE XBOX'S TO MANUFACTURING CONDITION)AND YOUR XBOX WILL WORK AGAIN!!!!!

4. lrmoura1

lrmoura1 Guest

yeah i read around the comments and made sure not to make that mistake.
    No they are on different cables. Now for some reason after I screwed up my softmod it only goes to the linux basic screen with the tray open. If If i close it it takes me to the assistance screen from Microsoft...
    IDK but that info might help. I've tried everything and if i take out the data cable it wont recognize it and the boot fails.

5. j0gigs

j0gigs Member

Hi, Hopefully someone can help. I have a v 2.0 xbox that has a dead hard drive. When i turned it on, i was getting error 07. I have a spare 40gb drive that i want to use as a replacement. I downloaded Slayers evox 2.6 disc. When I try to boot with the disc I get error 16. I don't have a mod chip. Is there anything I can do to get this running again?

6. j0gigs

j0gigs Member

Sorry, I meant I have a 1.0 xbox.

7. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

ok dude just post your own forum i have problems of my own i deleted my hardive ok so get of of my forum cause i made it i aint being mean its just i made it for my own problems

8. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

Greetings all, I have a quick question.

Can I rename files using xplorer360?

Cheers, Ian

9. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

idk as the return

10. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

Hi all, I am in need of help.

I've starting a thread for my problem not relising that this thread was suitable for my problem, so to the mods, I appoligise.

Anyway, instead of me expliaing my problem I'll just link to the thread

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/377615

Basically I want to know if I can hotswap cause I renamed a file and now it wont boot anything other than an origonal game. However, the white 'Microsoft' logo only appears when I've put an origonal game in, otherwise it just gives the 'X' logo and then goes straight to the xbox servicing screen error 13/14.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ian

11. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

hey dude i think you can just reinstall the sofmod it be a lot easier.

12. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

Was that comment intended for me? If so, how would I go about that without having to hotswap?

Any help would be appreciated

Ian

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@lilpimp
    what computer do you have? do you build it?

@Ian1324
    You can do hotwap and fix your xbox. But before doing this, you should load the game that you used to softmod xbox. Then try to access the linux file and reinstall softmod.

14. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

I bought the xbox from ebay so I've no idea how it was softmodded, all I need to be able to do is get onto the harddrive and rename the file msdash.xbe BACK TO xboxdash.xbe and it should all work fine, but as I can't the microsoft logo without using a game, shall I just take IDE out just before the service screen?

If so, will the hard drive stay unlocked while on the 'contact customer service' screen so long as I've plugged the PC ide into xbox HDD before it hangs?

Cheers for the help mate

Ian

15. lrmoura1

lrmoura1 Guest

Yeah, I have error 21 and am running into a simular problem as crazygrun. The Pc knows its there but xplorer 360 doesnt detect it. I've tried multiple times. I know I followed the tutriol correctly because I've waited for the white logo Microsft underneath the X and I've connected the xbox into a secondary IDE cable. I've scaned my device manager and the xbox hdd is recognized by the device manager everytime I do scan. Please help me get rid of this hotswapping problem.

Thanx in advance

16. lrmoura1

lrmoura1 Guest

wow i got mine to work. IDK but if you are having the same problem as me I found it better not to press pause/break key in the beggining instead work against time and switch it fast as you Pc is still booting. Thanx though, AWSOME TUT.

17. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

Can anyone please help me! I need to hotswap but if I don't have a game in the drive then after the 'x' has appeared and the 'xbox' logo it goes straight to the 'xbox needs servicing' screen, however, with a game in the drive the white 'microsoft' logo appears for about 5 seconds, which would be plenty of time to swap the IDE cables, however, the game would continue to load so I don't know if this is the best way to go about it.

Any help would be great!

Cheers, Ian

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@lrmoura1
    Ficking CHEERS............

@Ian1324
    you can try 2 ways:

1/ turn on xbox (NO game in DVD) a couple of times. Watch closely when xbox starts to go to service screen. Then do the hotswap. Disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd just before it goes to service screen.

2/ turn on xbox WITH a game in DVD drive and do hotswap. Disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd when you see microsoft logo show up. Just follow the tut.

Remember read my NOTEs. Always connect xbox's hdd back to xbox before turn off xbox. YOu will be OK.

19. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

thanks for the help man, really appreciate it, few questions:

if I unplug the IDE before it goes to the service screen will it still be unlocked while its on the service screen and I plug the PC IDE in, if you know what I mean.

Also, if I do with a disk in, does it matter if the games loading while the hard drive is plugged into PC?

Many thanks again mate really appreiate it

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

1/ if you disconnect IDE cable before it goes to service screen, the hdd is unlocked.

if you disconnect IDE cable after service screen shown, the hdd stays lock.

2/ it does not matter which game. As long it is original game. Just leave the game inside xbox after you disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd.