1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

FUCKFUCKFUCK I don't know what I did wrong but it wouldnt detect in xplorer360 so I unplugged pc IDE with xbox power still on and plugged xbox IDE back to xbox HDD and now it wont even load proper games, just goes straight to error 7. What did I do wrong????

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

Most of the times, the IDE cable is not properly connected when you see this error. Please reattach the ide cable. Not only to the harddisk drive but also to the dvd drive. ALso try to reconnect the ide cable to the motherboard.

Press pretty hard so it goes all the way in. Make sure it is seated straight and proper in the drives and the motherboard. If you still have an error 7. Try another ide cable. If that won't work try another harddisk. If there is still no go, try to set the jumpers on the rearside of the harddisk drive. Set it to master or cable select. If still no succes, good luck and sell your xbox to me rolleyes.gif

Check the xbox ide cable to make sure it connect properly to hdd and DVD drive. Also check the yellow power cable for DVD drive too.

3. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

Cheers for the help mate, I'll try that now, if all else fails could I use a blank hard drive and put it in my pc and put the correct files on and then put it in my xbox? Ideally I would still like it to play backups

4. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

I've made sure the IDE is in completely and still no luck, error 7.

I don't have another IDE to try with and I cant set the jumper settings cause I dont know how to get the hard drive out

5. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

I've heard that my hard drive could just be dead, but I think its just because I screwed something up when connecting it to PC. I wanna just buy a blank PC hard drive and put that in and somehow get a dash on it, would that work? I really want to fix this error 7 and still be able to play backups without having to get a modchip. I have slayer 2.6 auto install disk if it helps, but as my xbox isnt chipped and at the time of buying the slayer disk could only play origonal games, I've never got it to boot. Is there any way I could get a blank HDD, put it in my pc, set it up with slayer 2.6 and put it in my xbox and have it work?

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

No it will not work that way.

You need the original hdd.

7. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

so is there nothing i can do to fix error 7? i took it apart and changed the jumper settings but it didnt do anything

8. Ian1324

Ian1324 Member

I've also heard that I can get the xbox chipped and put a standard blank hard drive in the xbox, then by using the slayer 2.6 disk I can fix it.

I've also just been looking at the following chip:

http://www.kanection.co.uk/product.php/261/27/

and as I don't like the idea of soldering it I've been looking at a no soldier thingy for it:

http://www.kanection.co.uk/product.php/455/27/

So am I right in thinking that if I buy these then I can attatch the chip without solder and put a blank hard drive in the xbox and then fix it with the slayer disk?

Any help/suggested modchip would be appreciated.

Ian

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  9. lilpimp

lilpimp Member

hey the return do you know where there is a thread or forum on kow to hotseap with a chip cause i am gonna get a chip soon

10. yuiiiio

yuiiiio Member

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! after using your tutorial i finally fixed myxbox after trying a bunch of other ways i am so happy to have it working again thank u!!!1

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

12. anthonyd3

anthonyd3 Guest

how do u unlock the hdd if it is messed up? and does dis work wit error 9?

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

9 - kernel - HDD parameters (PIO/DMA/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug)

Not very common error, please try another harddisk.

How did you get error 9? Are you sure that the hdd still works?
    Do you have eeprom on PC? if so, you can use it with xboxhdm to unlock hdd.
    You can't do hotswap with error 9.

14. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

hey thereturn everythings going great for my hotswap i opened my xbox now is just the computer thanx for all of the help its me the lilpimp guy

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

16. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

yea cheers man u saved me from spending another $150 dolars it means a lot to have you helping me

17. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

wat is a data cable?

18. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

hey the return put some more pics on this thing i dont understand how to hotswap with error code 16!!!!!!!!

19. guerrero

guerrero Member

whats up guys, ok i have a big, big, big, problem, a couple of weeks ago i tried softmodding my xbox to mod halo 2 maps, it installed it using splinter cell SID 4.0, worked good for few days, then one day i was checking out the unleashX dashboard and was looking through the file explore box and i mistakingly deleted some must have been important files cause now my xbox live wont work it gives me somekind of router porblem when i trouble shoot network. is it posible this could help me or am i screwed. i tried loging on with a friends xbox and it works fine. please try to help me somonem, i would greatly appreciate anyones help, THANKS

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@lilpimpjj
    the data cable is the flat wide gray cable. There are 2 cables that connects to hdd. The 4-wire cable is power. the other one is data cable.

The pic on the first page.

@guerrero
    where did you delete files (C or E)?
    You can reinstall ms dash with SID.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006