1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

hey i get error 16 now and i dont know which ide cable in the computer to connect to the xbox hdd

2. guerrero

guerrero Member

not sure but i tried to back up ms dash and it doesnt change anything, ive heard something about the eeprom.bin, what is this for and can i use one from my friends xbox, i also tried to use my friends c and e file on my hard drive and it still same thing

3. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

the one from the cd-rom drive on the computer

4. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

hey big chriss is that comment 4 me? cause i dontknow which one it is there is one that says hd1 and then on the other side of it it says ide1 and there a nother cable that says nothing on both sides which ide cable is is?

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@guerrero
    download the shademand softmod file 324MB. then extract it all the way until you have C and E folder.

can you still ftp?

@lilpimpjj

There are 2 ide cables in PC: primary and secondary. The pc's hdd connects to primary ide cable. The xbox's hdd will connect to secondary ide cable.

So make sure you understand these before doing hotswap. You can ask someone who knows about PC too.

6. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

ok i did this n like when do i press the pause break key and my xbox it doesnt show the microsoft logo and when i connect the ide cable to the xboxs hdd it doesnt read it what am i doing wrong n my opinion is that YOU NEED to put more pics pleaz.

7. guerrero

guerrero Member

thank ill try tonight, downloading rite now

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@lilpimpjj
    I dont do hotswap now. So I can't take pics.

Ok do the hotswap and disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd JUST BEFORE xbox goes to error screen.

9. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

@lilpimpjj

i had error 16, and when i pulled the ide from the xbox, it had the big X AND THEn xbox thats when i pulled it and I was able to do hot swap and fix my xbox :).

10. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

but i dont work 4 me i might as well just get a brnad new hardrive or just get it from a friend or my uncle

11. bigchriss

bigchriss Guest

have someone that knows about computers to help you. believe me it works I did it and it worked just fine

12. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

13. thorbius

thorbius Member

hey there. first of all thanks for all of the help. heres my problem: i kept getting error 13 and 14 after a flaw in the softmod. i downloaded the complete ms dashboard and successfully loaded them onto the hdd through xlporer360. However the dashboard still does not work. i have repeated the process again and it still does not work.i have nothing in partion 0-2 and i have audio, fonts, xboxdashdata.1012a700, xodash, and xboxdash.xbe. And in partition 4 i have tdata and udata. please let me know if anything is incorrect. thanks

14. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

ok dont mess around with your error 13 u can fix dat its a ms dash problem look try getting the first splinter cell ok den ill try to send u the sofmod stuff n den give you a tut. that a good friend made k or i think he has the stuff on his name try looking for a guy that his name is thereturn or theridges k

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@thorbius
    Try to download the Shademand softmod file 324MB on the first page. It will fix your xbox. Just follow my tut again.

16. thorbius

thorbius Member

I just tried installing shademands softmod but i still get the error thirteen. im not sure why neither are working. im fallowing the tut on this page. is there any special way i should insert the files? What i do is pick partition 3 and insert all of the files from foler "C" and in partition 4 i insert all files from folder "E" from the shademands softmod using xplorer360. then i click "close drive", disconnect the hdd from my computer. Then i reconnect the hdd to the xbox and then i turn the xbox off. when i turn the xbox back on, i recieve the error 13. If any of this is wrong i would appreciate any help. thanks again for the responses.

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Shademand softmod file:

C folder has: audio folder, backup folder, fonts folder, xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder, xodash folder, xbox book.xtf file, xbox.xtf file, xboxdash.xbe file

E folder has: apps folder, cache folder, dashboard folder, screenshots folder, shadowc folder, skins folder, tdata folder, udata folder

So copy to eveything C folder to partition 3 and copy to eveything E folder to partition 4. So you will have like this in xbox.

Partition 3: audio folder, backup folder, fonts folder, xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder, xodash folder, xbox book.xtf file, xbox.xtf file, xboxdash.xbe file

Partition 4: apps folder, cache folder, dashboard folder, screenshots folder, shadowc folder, skins folder, tdata folder, udata folder

That is it.

18. thorbius

thorbius Member

i retried the shademand's mod and now when the xbox starts it gets to the microsoft under the x then gets an error 21. also i can no longer start any games.

19. lilpimpjj

lilpimpjj Member

hey isnt that error of a ms dash problem i thnk...

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

urrg.. yep ms dash problem.

did you clean up the xbox hdd before copy shademand files over? You may have corrupted files. Try to download another one from other sites. It is 324MB.

Shademand files have been working on a lot of xbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2006