1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. regime

regime Regular member

i got other HDD's, how do i make an xbox hdd from it

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

3. cearel

cearel Guest

yea thats were the prob is i dont think he has it

4. regime

regime Regular member

can i do it w/o using a dvd

5. santana22

santana22 Guest

the return i worship u now lol im more of a ps2 player and always kept my xbox outta my room then i saw this and read it now my xbox is modded yipee lol....

one question tho am i able to burn a backup of an xbox game and play it using this softmod and if so then how would i do that

6. Grrrrrr

Grrrrrr Member

hey just wondering what happens to your xbox when it becomes unlocked. Is it very noticeable or is it just so you cant access you harddrive. Thanks

- Matt

7. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

The 80G HHD I lock in the early stage, I didn't quite understood the process when I lock this HHD, so one week later I decided to try again when I notice the password was missing, I think I throw it away be cause I had it written down on a peace of paper, I got discust with it and went out and bought a 120G HHD once I understood what needed to be done, got it formatted install Shademand's ready made xbox softmod and it working find, made a few backing up of games and play the backup, so my Xbox is working just find, I have the original Xbox HHD and the locked 80G HHD, some day I might ask for help to get it unlock as of right now I really have no use for it, so that why I didn't ask for help.

8. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@Grrrrrr

The only noticeable moment from what I understood and that when you do a hotswap is when you first turn on your Xbox at the bottom of the Xbox logo you will notice a the word Microsoft appear in white letters for a moment and disappear, so if I understood this right it became unlock and relock, some one correct me if I'm wrong, and if I remember right I also red some where you could unlock your HHD by placing a music CD in your CD drive and play a song the HHD become unlock, I have never try that so I couldn't verified that.

9. ds1615

ds1615 Guest

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@regime
    Which dvd?
    When you build a new hdd for xbox, you dont need xbox. YOu just need PC to do all the jobs. When finish building new hdd, plug into xbox and play.

@santana22
    Yes, you can play backup games and back up your own games too. Just search around for tut.

Cheers...Cheers............Cheers

@hlp4me
    I'm happy to hear that you fix your xbox.

Cheers...Cheers............Cheers...

@Grrrrrr
    If you see microsoft logo appears, xbox's hdd is unlocked (100% sure). When you boot up xbox with a game inside dvd tray and then you see microsoft logo appears, xbox's hdd is unlocked (100% sure).

In some cases that you dont see microsoft logo, but xbox's hdd get still unlocked for a moment then get relocked.

11. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

Hey return,
    Can I just restore a back up from my friends modded xbox. I want my xbox to be the same as his. ( He has ver. 1.4 - I ver. 1.0) will this work?

12. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

(update)
    He did the hotswap and softmod. I thought it would be easier to just restore his softmod ver to my xbox hd.

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

does your xbox modded yet?
    does it still working and do ftp?
    How are you going to copy your friend's files to your xbox's hdd? Hotswap?

Yes, you can use his softmod files for your xbox. So make sure that you have the complete files on C and E drive from your friend's xbox. Save them in C and E folder on PC.

If you use hotswap to copy those files to your xbox's hdd, make sure back up all files to PC first. Then delete everything in partition 0-4. Then copy C files from your friend's xbox to partition 3 and copy E files from your friend's xbox to partition 4.

Your xbox is the same your friend's xbox now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2006
  14. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

I tried to delete everything in partitions 0 1 2 3 4. I can delete from every partition except partition 1. I don't know why I get an error when trying to delete partition 1.

My orig. question is...
    If my frind do a backup with xexplore360 to his hd, can I get that backup file and do a restore to my xbox.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

16. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

Good, I'll get on with it tonight. Thank you,

Let the modding begain!!!

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the best thing is ftp the whole C and E drive of your friend's xbox to PC. then do hotswap for your xbox

18. regime

regime Regular member

i got the SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.6_FINAL.exe n wen i try n install....it needs a password....i kant find this NOWHERE

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

each xbox has its own password. You can't get it from other xbox.
    That is why you the orginal eeprom of your xbox.

20. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

Hey Return,
    I copied all of my friends files to my xbox (C & D to 3 & 4). Still the same problem. I am unable to delete the files from Partition 1, is this the problem? I'm using Xplorer360.
    plz help.