1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jaigle

jaigle Member

Well I unno it probly is locked but the thing is i cant time it right cuz my microsoft logo dosent pop up like its suppose too .. so i just take my guesses and pull it haha... I also tryed pullin it out with a game cuz then the logo appears .. and i unnno i think it unlocks cuz my pc detects it but the program that im using to read the xbox hard drive isnt pickin it up lol.. so i unno im guessin im gonna go for the chip .. anyone no of a good chip that i can buy... later

2. regime

regime Regular member

if the MS logo doesnt come up, it means that it isnt locked, a.k.a - unlocked HD

3. regime

regime Regular member

well i ono wat chip for u to get....but i wud first resort to SLAYERS disc or AID r XBOXHDM, tools like that, if u kant get anywhere with that.....then u get a chip

4. jaigle

jaigle Member

if that is true why is it when i put the disk in that i used to soft mod the thing in the first place, i go to dash setting and it shows me the status of my drive as LOCKED... and even so... if its unlocked then how can i get my PC well not my pc.. pc picks it up fine i mean a program thats works better then what i have now.. to read/write the drive

5. regime

regime Regular member

o i aint kno it was softmodded, my bad. BUT, mine is softmodded too, but i used a wrong password to lock it, so now i kant even hotswap (kinda in da same sit. as u, just i ono how u got urs.) Imma get a cd in a few days to fix my thing, so if it works, ill send it to u free of cost.

6. jaigle

jaigle Member

I have a slayer disk that I burnt already and i burnt it as a image IOS file but it dosent read on my xbox :S

7. regime

regime Regular member

mayb u shud extract all of those files from the iso (C: and E:) to the XBOXHDM>linux folder.

http://xguides.xbox-scene.com/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=XBOXHDM+for+dummies

look there, but u put ur original eeprom in the folder that it tells u to, and u kan restore ur drive that way. But im not sure if u kan format it in the state that it is in (i kant) so first find a way, r make a new HD

8. regime

regime Regular member

wait a sec wit ur HD not bein able to start up, u kan access the Original D/B r a softmodded D/b?

9. jaigle

jaigle Member

ya i cant put anything on this hard drive now.. i cant access it at all so i unno what to do .. :S... im guessin my chip is the only option .. but im gonna try and do the swap again 2morrow.. cuz it worked the first time i did it.. and i copyed a normal xbox files on to it.. but i was missin 2 files.. so didnt realy fix much.. and i tryed to get back into the drive again to add thos 2 files but now the sawp never works ... i unno

10. regime

regime Regular member

i dont think not havin those files wud disable hotswapping....i mean it shudnt use in the pprocess of unlockin it

11. jaigle

jaigle Member

well im not sure.. cuz i cant get back to openin the hard drive .. u no a program that can be used to write and read the xbox drive lol?

12. regime

regime Regular member

Xplorer360, n theres a french thingy, but that 1 NEVER worked for me, i ono da name either :-(

13. regime

regime Regular member

14. deathcast

deathcast Member

i h8 this stupid thing dosn't work for me...i tried it at least 30 times and the only thing that happens is my computer reads the hdd but xplorer360 dosn't.its pluged into the CD drive IDE cable is there sepose to be a different one i plug it into?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  15. regime

regime Regular member

nah, wat error code u get now wen u boot ur xbox? same thing happens here, just get slayer 2.9 n try to go from there r build a new hdd w/ xboxhdm

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jonwilcox
    download Shademand softmod file 324MB on the first page. Then extract it all the way until you have C and E folder on PC.

Then do hotswap again and follow my instruction to copy shademand files to xbox's hdd.

It will work.

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@cailo

You may download a wrong file. How big is it? The shademand softmod file is 324MB.

Try to download from other sites.

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@deathcast

Do you know about PC? If not, ask someone to help you on this.

There are 2 IDE calbes in PC: primary and secondary.

- the PC's hdd is on primary IDE cable + a DVD/CD drive.
    - ONLY xbox's hdd will connect to secondary IDE cable. NO other drives.

When do hotswap, make sure that you disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd when you see white microsoft logo appear or just before xbox hang/goes to sevice screen.

If you disconnect IDE cable too early or too late, the hdd stays lock.

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jaigle
    what is going on with your xbox now? Can you still do hotswap and read the hdd from xplorer360?

If yes, then download the Shademand softmod file 324MB. Then extract it all the way until you have C and E folder on PC. Then do hotswap and follow my instruction to copy Shademand file to Xbox's hdd.

20. jaigle

jaigle Member

I did hot swap once the first time and it worked and my 360Explorer was copying files no problem. and then i locked it back and booted it off.. and now when I try the hot swap it dosent seem to unlock i dont think.. cuz my pc detects it and everything.. just my 360explorer dosent work. keeps sayin unable to find a FatX drive to open. and I use to be able to load games.. but the dash wouldnt load.. now i cant even load a game and i get a different error number.. 16, and i use to have error 13...and i pluged all my wires right in my xbox, cuz i remeber i took it apart to loclate the spot on the borad to where i need to install a chip .. cuz thats what i was thinkin about doing.. if nothing else is working, also i did burn a copy of slayer to a CD-R and i have a phipls DVD drive.. and i dosent read.