1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. deathcast

deathcast Member

You disconnect it the second the white microsoft symbole apears or can u do it while its up?

2. jaigle

jaigle Member

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jaigle
    Why did you unlock the hdd that way? It screwed you up. Xbox will not be able to unlock the hdd again.

Do you have original eeprom on PC?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  4. jaigle

jaigle Member

did u not read what i said, I Said i was tryin to i didnt do it yet cuz im able too do that without a code, and i cant unlock it any other way so what do i do, stupid microsoft logo dosent come up.. dosent come up even if i load a game.. and games dont load at all ne more.. and everything gose right back to error 16

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

now you do hotswap and disconnect IDE cable from xbox hdd just before xbox goes to error 16.

6. jaigle

jaigle Member

as for my eeprom.. im not sure if i have the on my computer.. i remeber when i soft mod it, it backed it up and ftp something to my computers hard drive. and this is the file that i have
    readme.for.scph1001.bin.bios i dont no if thats the eeprom

7. jaigle

jaigle Member

I dont no how many times i try doing that unplugin just b4 it gets to the error 16 .. and my pc picks it up and its in the device manger everytime i do it... but still the stupid fuckin 360explorer will not open it and let me do anything to the drive

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

urrg... shit.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

then you need eeprom. So you can build a new hdd for xbox

10. jaigle

jaigle Member

shit what ?? lol could just be this computer that dosent wanna read the stupid xbox drive.. but that hdunlock wizard picks it up and says its locked and says it could be unlocked.. but u said dont do that .. so i wont

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

For error 16, sometimes the hdd get unlock when do hotswap. But sometimes the hdd does not have a chance to get unlock.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  12. jaigle

jaigle Member

true enough but.. it unlocked b4 first time i did it.. and i copyd all basicly dashboard files on to C: but i was missin 2 files.. and i closed it again .. and booted my xbox and it playd games then.. and now its back to not playin games.. so i unno whats going on.. i just no it unlocked once b4 and WONT ne more now

13. jaigle

jaigle Member

i think my cable on my xbox is gettin screwd up cuz of how many times i tryed to pull it out fast to hot swap.. now soon as i move it around to get ready to pull it out the strat up xbox globe slows right down and gets all choppy

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

It is just the boot sequences.

Ok you can try one more time. This time disconnect cable a little bit earlier then the last time you did hotswap.

15. jaigle

jaigle Member

how much sooner u say , like as the xbox globe thingy is loadin up or just as it finshs and b4 the logo would appear if my logo did appear i mean.. just tryin to get a good idea of when to pull.. cuz i pulled it as it was loadin the globe thingy.. and i got error 12 on my screen now.. and im tryin to see if my pc detects it now as unlocked

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I mean like 1-2 second earlier.

what error do you have now?

17. jaigle

jaigle Member

12 but thats probly cuz i pull it b4 the globe even loads up.. i unno i pulled it at so many different times there
    dosent seem like anything is gonna unlock this basturd

18. deathcast

deathcast Member

Yes i finaly got in and fixed my dashboard!!!!thanks alot for the help!! :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

CHEERS.......
    CHEERS............
    CHEERS.................

20. jaigle

jaigle Member

wish mine would be fixed:(