1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jaigle

jaigle Member

well good now.. but tell me something.. i got my DVD too open up,, but werid thing is .. it only opens the DVD rom when my hard drive isnt connected to the gray cbale.. and when the gray cable is connected to the DVD it wont open.. and of course when i open the DVD without the hard drive be pluged im gonna get a error 07 cuz no hard driive attched

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm disconnect the ide cable from DVD drive, hdd still connects to ide cable. Turn on xbox what do you see?

3. jaigle

jaigle Member

error 12 what else, plus when i hit the power button the screen turns off but the lights stay flashin on the front.. then 10 secs after it shuts off

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

weird..
    I dont know what's wrong with the ide cable.

5. jaigle

jaigle Member

me either i think its from pullin it out so much like i said awhile ago i probly damaged it somewhere in the lines.. withc could be another reason why i cant hot swap.. anyways i grabed the 2nd cable out my desk top and gonna replace the xbox one. see what that dose me.. cuz really the main error that startes all this was 13 and then jumped to 16 and now 12 all the time

6. jaigle

jaigle Member

ok i just changed the whole wire, and pluged everything back in and again error 12.. but its only when i plug in my hard drive that i cant open the DVD rom.. something up with my hard drive? and when i power off like i said screen gose out but then kinda sits then turns off, but u no how when u turn a pc off with out shuttin down the hard drive kinda makes a bad spin sound like it rubs or something.. thats what i hear outta the hard drive after it shuts

7. jaigle

jaigle Member

also I just tryed loadin my xbox with a blank 5 gig hard drive with it connect like normal.. and it opens the DVD rom try but gives me a error 16 now

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

error 12 is right. because you disconnect dvd drive

12 - kernel - DVD parameters (PIO/DMA)

I just dont understand why you can eject the tray when connect ide cable to hdd and dvd drive.

As you mention the hdd, it may cause the problem too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  9. jaigle

jaigle Member

and when i boot with a game in the tray I get error 5 with the blank hard drive.. witch is more then likly to happen cuz its blank lol.. but just proves that somesthing wrong with my normal xbox hard drive and that it dosent wanna work normal.. i doubt its unlocked either.. I just noticed something on the net about leavin ur xbox without power or pluged in for long then 5 hours u will get error 16 most likly cuz the clock isnt set and it looks for the menu and its not there... lol well i no why now.. i had my xbox open yesterday in parts for like 7 hours as i was gone out lol.. so that explains error 16 now i guess

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yep i agree with that.

But the problem is that you can eject dvd tray when connect xbox as normal.

11. jaigle

jaigle Member

and it gives error 12 and wont open the try, withc is fucked up!! lol
    i unno how this is possible.. unless the hard drive is internel damaged or something withc i dont see how that could of happens just doset make sence, but it is werid how yesterday i was runnin games fine i just didnt have a dash borad to load up.. and id get errors without a game in the tray, and then i was thinkin about a chip so i opened it up to understand more about where the chip gose and what needs to be done b4 i deicied to get one.. and i left it all open and unpluged for more then 5 hours.. and got home and pluged it all back up cuz i was like meh i feel like playin just a normal game.. and i stared gettin 16 and 12 no more 13 tho

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

sorry dude, I dont know what is the root cause.

13. jaigle

jaigle Member

u think a chip could still fix my problem lol.. and i was gonna avoid using another hard drive.. but seems like im gonna have to use some other hard drive and install a chip.. qusetion is tho.. i need my eeprom right and im not sure if i have that :S

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

don't buy modchip now. Try to find the eeprom

15. jaigle

jaigle Member

well my last softmod backed it up on the drive i think . but i cant get to that .. and plus i FTP something over to my lap top and i unno what a eeprom file is suppose to look like

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

it is 256k and extension .bin
    But I should know the name.

17. jaigle

jaigle Member

well i have a 1k file lol names "readme.for.scph1001.bin.bios"

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

that is not the one. It's is 256k for sure.

19. jaigle

jaigle Member

well guess my xbox is useless now i guess
    since i dont have anything else witch means i have no eeprom:(

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

so you have 2 choices:

- buy modchip. $50

- buy pre-owned xbox. $80