1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

did you get this working as i'm intrigued to find out.

2. CrazyGrun

CrazyGrun Member

I am into the Hard Drive and can see anything and i have a back up of the MS dash from my friend and im going to test it when i get home b/c i still have half a day of school left lol ill be posting what happens in a few hours after i get home and test it Shinnster

3. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

well I can say that TheReturn does know what he's on about as he spent lots of time helping me do a hot swap with mine so he is a trusted source :)

4. CrazyGrun

CrazyGrun Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...... The files i got from my freind i placed into Partition 3 and IT WORKS!!!, Damn im soooo happy... Now i want to thank you again for all your help and support Return., now i gotta fix this controller it keeps going to the right lol ima open it and see whats wrong.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

So now you guys should beleive what I said on the title and in my tutorial of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2006
  7. peechdogg

peechdogg Member

Just found this thread and am glad to see that things worked.
    A friend just dumped her broken softmodded xbox on me. Someone she knows did the mod and has now moved away and is unavailable for help.

The error 21, so I'll be trying this to see if I can also recover factory settings for her. I have never worked with an xbox before, so this should be fun.

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I've been helping alot of people out there with this hotswap method. A lot of them have successed to fix their consoles.

9. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

10. conker77

conker77 Member

Hey The Return will the hotswap fix my xbox if it gos to error 21 even if i put in a game or not?? or is there another way to fix it?

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you see white microsoft logo appears under XBOX when you turn on xbox without any game in dvd drive?

If yes, then hotswap will fix your xbox.

12. conker77

conker77 Member

ya it shows up, thx

13. conker77

conker77 Member

hey the xplorer 360 how do i use that? i downloaded it but what do i do to put the downloaded dashboard on my xbox?after im connected to pc

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you read tutor carefully? Just download and install it on PC. Download load ms dash and unrar it.

Then follow the tut

15. curving

curving Member

hi there i was wondering if you can help us a freind bought an xbox which had been modded but now he has deleted everything off the hardrive and now only gets the big green x and doesnt have the white microsfot logo i am in the middle of downloading the msdashboard have and both xplorer360 beta3 and beta4 can i restor default factory setting even though i havent a logo please help as sonn as possible cheers curving

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well you dont see microsoft logo that means you can't do hotswap.

Why? because xbox will not unlock the hdd. So PC can not read the xbox hdd. The hdd is unlock if you see microsoft logo appears under the big X and XBOX.

In your case, you need to borrow/buy the modchip.

17. matrix34

matrix34 Guest

Hello, is it possible to fix error 16 that can't be hot swapped by getting a replacement xbox hard drive and putting it straight into the xbox?

Thank you

18. curving

curving Member

thanks is there any other way of fixing it and do you know where i could pick one up from ie well sells them? please reply as soon as possible cheers have now downloaded the msdashboard cheers curving

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@curving
    If you backed up eeprom of this xbox to PC, then I have another way. Otherwise you need a modchip. There are a lot of sites to sell xbox modchip. If you want the best modchip, I suggest to buy Xecuter 3 CE (X3ce).

www.divineo.com/
    www.modchip.com/
    www.mod-chip.com/
    www.modchip.ca/store/home.php

@matrix34
    Yes if you have eeprom of the broken xbox on PC. Otherwise, you need modchip.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2006
  20. conker77

conker77 Member

The Return,
    i unconnect a dvd or cd drive to connect xbox to pc right?