1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jaigle

jaigle Member

this is a different cable tho lol.. my last cable is the cable i was pullin of so much ... this one havnt been pulled at all only when it was not on... all i can think it damage to my hard drive inside. thats why i dont care if i unlock my hard drive and it stays unlocked i dont give a shit.. i just wanna get my eeprom back up thats on it.. and waste the drive later on and install a 20 gig since thats my only option.. and i unno if gettin a chip would help me still cuz i still dont have my eeprom

2. regime

regime Regular member

if u get da chip, u kan run it unlocked w/o needin to lock it i believe

3. regime

regime Regular member

Imma go on this site via my psp so i mite b a lil late in responding to ur posts, cuz imma b on yahoo messenger or aim.

Yahoo- Regime2008
    Aim- Swat30088

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  4. jaigle

jaigle Member

Im hopping if i install a chip that it will bypass that error msg 12 and shit.. and just load up the chip.. and im hopping ill get the option to unlock the drive

5. regime

regime Regular member

lol thats wat it'll do, well da ones i seen

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jonwilcox
    Did you clean up the xbox's hdd before copying Shademand files over?
    I still dont understand why.

Did you download ms dash from megaupload and follow instruction "RESTORE HDD TO FACTORY CONDITION"?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2PQ3V6LM

If not, do so.

huh...

7. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

I haven't tried the MS Dash yet. I'll do that tonight. I don't know what you mean by clean my xbox, I deleted everything from every folder and upload new stuff to partition 3 and 4.
    Thanks for your help.

8. IanW451

IanW451 Guest

Thanks for the great tutorial. I used it to fix an error 13 on a softmod, it worked great.
    Can this method be modified to perform a new install using a new and larger harddrive.

Thanks.

Ian

9. jaigle

jaigle Member

My xbox is fixed muahaha, well thanks all for the help and all but nothin really reaaly helped, i guess from doing hotswap so much tryin to get it to work i ended up just fuckin up my hard drive so i was unable to recover my eeprom from it so ya i dont have live ne more.. but i do have a chip and a 60 gig hard in my xbox now hehe:D:D with tons of apps and games and emulators. all in one kick ass medai center!! I suggest to anyone who even thinks about tryon hot swap dont do it lol.. get a chip and go all out !! later

10. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

@jonwilcox
    Did you clean up the xbox's hdd before copying Shademand files over?
    I still dont understand why.

Did you download ms dash from megaupload and follow instruction "RESTORE HDD TO FACTORY CONDITION"?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2PQ3V6LM

If not, do so.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried the above. My xbox still need service. It makes a studdering sound at the end of the music - flashes and then go's to service screen (I think My xbox is ver 1.0 made in Mexico). Could this be a problem?

That download had a more folders other than the C & E folders, should I've done something with those?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2006
  11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jonwilcox

Yes the download have more folders, but you just need ms dash files as I listed on the tut. It should work even your xbox is in Mexico.

I dont why or what causes the problem. You have tried all of these and i'm out of idea.

Urrg... sorry!

I'll will let you know if I find another way.

@IanW451
    CHEERS........
    For new hdd you can't follow this tut.

@jaigle
    YOu can't say that man. At the beggining you did successfully hotswap. But you messed up the ms files.

My hotswap method works 90%

12. regime

regime Regular member

jaigle wat chip u get n from where?

13. mogden

mogden Guest

Hi, I have been searching night after night to fix the problem with my xbox and had no luck. But then I found this post in the forrum and it's the same exact problem i'm having. Can anyone tell me how he fixed it. I would greatly appreciate it.

<"HI! ok, i have a problem and havent seemed to be able to find any answers, i softmodded my xbox and it works fine... untill i wanted to change the hard drive... i was going to use xboxhdm but when it was time to find my eeprom.bin in my backup ms directory... IT WAS GONE!!! wtf... i dont know what happend to it... i have all other files and definately did a backup. I dont know where to go or what to look for... i did however find a file called system_eeprom.bin in the xboxmediacenter directory... can i use that or can i use the hotswap technique to get my eeprom back??? PLEASE HELP!! has anybody ever heard of this missing eeprom file">

14. regime

regime Regular member

lol ur prolly gonna have to rebuild da drive if u cant get the hotswap method workin for lil or no money, or if money not a prob, u can get a chip w/o loosin ur data

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  15. mogden

mogden Guest

What is the hotswap method for retreiving a missing eeprom.bin file?

16. jaigle

jaigle Member

@thereture, maybe the hot swap works but im just sayin to newbies its not something they should try cuz if they fusk up its gonna cost em more in the long run:p

@regime I got my self a DuoX chip from my buddy who fixed me all up and everything for 40$

17. regime

regime Regular member

mogden, u can try n hotswap n retrieve ur eeprom

18. mogden

mogden Guest

@regime For hotswap you need to connect the xbox hard drive to a different IDE cable than the main PC hard drive correct? So if my secondary IDE slot has my dual disk drives attached to it then do I just disconnect the disc drives so I can hook the xbox up to that slot for the hotswap?

19. regime

regime Regular member

exactly man. u kno how to time the disconnection of da drive rite?

20. mogden

mogden Guest

@regime your suposed to disconnect right when the white microsoft logo appears below the big green X upon the xbox`s boot-up, right?