Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mogden

mogden Guest

@The Return since my eeprom isn't deleted, because my xbox still runs and I just can't find it, could I use the splinter cell exploit to back up the eeprom again and install evox instead of the curently running unleash?

2. mogden

mogden Guest

A question to any one. I accidently copied my friends xbox`s xboxdash.xbe to my xbox just trying to get some files I was missing. Now i'm getting error 21. What can I do?

3. ds1615

ds1615 Guest

wilcox.....i can tell you again and again....your C:\ drive has somehow been deleted along with your E:\ drive. otherwise you would get an error. i suggest paying attention to this thread. putting a game in will make the microsoft logo pop up under the "X" "XBOX" screen. trust me ive done it multiple times. if you want to feel better i can send you the files needed to fix this dumb problem. im a pro at hotswapping now so if you want to fix it email me at joesomebody1615@yahoo.com trust me i know how annoying errors are....thats why i fixed mine.

4. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

putting a game in will make the microsoft logo pop up under the "X" "XBOX" screen.

ds1615,
    putting a game in will "NOT" make the microsoft logo pop up under the "X" "XBOX" screen. I've tried it many times.

At the end of the music my xbox makes a studdering sound then go's to the service screen (no error number). My C & E has all the files in place, I replaced them 5 to 6 times.

Any help is welcome.

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@mogden
    How did you copy the xboxdash.xbe file to your xbox's hdd? Try to copy complete ms dash file to the hdd again.

Can you explore the hdd? if so, list all files and folders on C and E drive here.

Can you load Splinter Cell? if so, try to access the linux file and reinstall softmod.

Did you do my hotswap tut on the first page?

@jonwilcox
    The jumper on hdd is last thing that I can think of. Make sure it set to Master or Cable Select.

6. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

Jumper is set to master.

I have a one of a kind Xbox. Can I build another Hard drive at this point?

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You can only build a new hdd for xbox if you have the original eeprom or modchip.

8. regime

regime Regular member

I dont have a mod chip, but cereal sent me aid 3.0 and xbox HDM, none of them can get past error code 06 on the original stock (unlockable) HD, and error 16 on a HD i just built. Dont i need AID to lock it? and how do i get past all this? Help greatly appreciated

9. KeroKira

KeroKira Member

Is there anyway to do the hotswap with an external adapter?

10. regime

regime Regular member

u mean an external HD?

11. KeroKira

KeroKira Member

anything can be used as an external drive as long as you have the adapter. =P

12. regime

regime Regular member

i kno u kan w/ the 360, i ono about the original xbox, im sure that som1 has found ways to tho

13. MorbidJ

MorbidJ Member

I was just deleting partition4 and explorer360 stopped responding and now my computer can't find my xbox harddrive.......is it screwed now???

14. shivang

shivang Member

um well have u tried the hotswap again???

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  15. KeroKira

KeroKira Member

Is there an exact timing during the "Microsoft" or is just during it...
    Also, do you have to swap IDE cables fast?
    I've kept getting DMI hangs so I'm kinda stuck at the moment.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  16. codeit

codeit Member

Hey all,

A year or so ago, my kids' xbox died. I opened it up (for the first time) and saw a large burn spot on the mobo, so I just went and bought another one.

Ever since then I have been on the lookout for an xbox with a bad power supply, hdd, or dvd drive in the hopes that I could build a complete xbox for me to mod and mess around with.

A couple of days ago, I got a great deal on a couple of xboxes; supposedly one has a bad hdd and the other has a bad dvd drive.

I popped my old dvd drive into one of the new boxes and booted to the xbox page (with microsoft in white) and then to an error 21. Thanks to the incredibly detailed info in this thread (THANKS, The Return!), I am pretty sure I can hot-swap that box and get it running. I hope to try that in the next couple of days if my work schedule allows.

My question for now is what I can do with the xbox that has a bad hdd (Previous owner disassembled the hdd.).

What are my options for replacing the bad hdd with an extra 80GB drive that I have?

Thanks,
    codeIt

17. danoski

danoski Guest

ok if anyone could help it would be great. I attempted to hotswap my xbox and the pc just hung at the boot screen so i turned it off and plugged everything back in as normal. Now when i turn xbox on i get error 8, now i no that it means no hdd found but the problem im facing is not having the microsoft logo appear so to give me the right time to try hotswap again. Also if i try load up a game i get error 16. What should i do about this hotswap drama?

18. regime

regime Regular member

is ur IDE cable in properly? and on Primary Master

19. KeroKira

KeroKira Member

Yay, I made it!
    At first I booted up my computer completely then hotswapped it in and it worked, I'm amazed!

20. regime

regime Regular member

lol too bad i kant *cries*