1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. regime

regime Regular member

sure man, i kan send both of mine to u

2. cearel

cearel Guest

Yea do it if anyone wants theirs done just pm me and ill hook u up pm----------------------------------^

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2006
  3. regime

regime Regular member

yea, i want mine done, ill send both of mine in to u, BTW ppl Cereal is good w/ all this stuff n ships FAST for GReAT prices, so go w/ him. I already got 2 things from him! He aint out for money r nothin, he just here to help. He helped me ALOT w/ my xbox and even went thru the trouble of sending me 2 dvd's in the mail...FIRST CLASS!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  4. cearel

cearel Guest

no prob man send and ill get to them as soon as they get and thanks for the compliment man i aim to please

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2006
  5. regime

regime Regular member

lol your welcome man, u helped me, so u shud b praised. I cant wait till i mail it in!!Imma b playin my xbox in NO time!

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@codeit
    do you have another PC? I think this pc can't read your xbox hdd. In the Manager, PC can't even recognize the xbox's hdd. That is NOT good at all. So try on another PC.

@Calxx
    do you have softmod or hardmod?
    if softmod, do you still have the linux file on hdd? if so, load the game that you used to softmod your xbox. And try to access the linux file and reinstall softmod.

Also try to load any autoinstaller disk like SID, AID, Slayer if you have them. It may reinstall ms dash or let you to install softmod.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2006
  7. codeit

codeit Member

Where should the jumper on the xbox hdd be? It is currently set for cable select, I am not sure if previous owner changed it or not.

Thanks again,
    codeIt

8. cearel

cearel Guest

im pretty sure it doesnt matter

9. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

wait. just before i do this stuff i want to be sure i understand...so i can just hotswap to install the softmod files. (i havn't modded my xbox in any way yet, i just don't want to buy action replay) then upgrade with the new harddrive. and then since i want to be able to play on Live, i can restore the origianl xbox hdd to factory condition by switching it again? so then i could have a original thats not modded and a big hdd that is and then switch the hdd whenever i want to play Live? is that posssible?

and as a sidenote, i think my friend installed his softmod by first connecting the new hdd to his comp and placing the softmod files in there, then switching it with his xbox harddrive...is that possible? because if it is, could someone give me a link to a guide or something? because it seems easier.

thanks

10. cearel

cearel Guest

you have the softmod idea right and u can switch betewn hdds but i would unplug ur ethernet cuz if it gets detected ull be banned

11. ds1615

ds1615 Guest

Cearel is almost right, You won't get banned unless you're playing modded Games. Like if you use Dot Halo to make a plasma rifle shoot swords....they'll catch you. They don't actually check your system, they moderate the games you play on xbox live. BTW, Are they planning on disabling Xbox Original Live compatability? Like an update that kills your ability to play online? Just thought if they were THAT serious about modders. well later people time to SLEEP!!!

12. cearel

cearel Guest

Almost not qite i am right man when u log on to xbox live for the first time you eeprom and hdd info are saved and linked together when you upgrade ur hdd and its info is different from the one they have linked together they bann you i know because this happened to me your talking about getting banned from bungie im talking about live itself

13. hawkwing

hawkwing Guest

alright, i tryed to return my xbox back to normal, like the way it came out of the box, but it wont let me connect to xbox live.
    it says that the software or hardware may of been modified.
    any ideas on how to fix it?

14. cearel

cearel Guest

nope ur strait banned man sucks for you welcome to the dark side

15. MorbidJ

MorbidJ Member

I softmodded my xbox by hotswapping and it worked fine for a few days the it kept telling me the disk I was using was dirty on both original games and off the harddrive.....now it will load evox dashboard but will not launch any applications or media from evox......still plays original games but only from boot ....snyone have any ideas???......maybe reinstalling softmod....are there other ways to install softmod by hotswapping other than shademand's??

16. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Have you try to FTP.

17. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Have you also try the XBOXHDM_V1.9 before you use the XBOXHDM, you need to make a backup of your EEPROM and save it on your computer you will need it and all so you can use your EEPROM to put a bigger HHD in your Xbox if you want.

Have you try the Xplorer360 that's an other way.

Search the fourm for the information you need, it's all there, seak and you shall find.

18. cearel

cearel Guest

i would just reinstall the softmod

19. madspar

madspar Guest

Hey would this work for me becouse i have an error 16 and it doesnt show the microsoft logo?

20. cearel

cearel Guest

umm im not sure you can try it put the softmod game in turn off ur xbox then reboot i dont think it will but you can give it a try