1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. conker77

conker77 Member

nvm i got it

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

where are you at now? can you access the xbox hdd on PC?

3. matrix34

matrix34 Guest

Thanks for the information. I saw posted on another thread that the spider chip is a good solution to fix it and doesn't cost too much. Can someone tell me a place I can get it from in the UK please?

Thank you

EDIT: Will a duox 2 chip work?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2006
  4. conker77

conker77 Member

the flat grey cord is the IDE cable right?

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@conker77
    yes. There should be 2 IDE cables on PC. The primary goes to PC's hdd. The secondary will go to xbox's hdd. PC's hdd and Xbox's hdd are NOT on the same IDE cable.

@matrix34
    Yes it works. But you have to know how to install and flash bios. I dont know much about those chips.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2006
  6. curving

curving Member

thanks but what he didnt do was back up he diddnt connect it to pc and everything is gone so it looks like he will have to buy a mod chip thanks again for your help and your quick responces curving

7. codcodios

codcodios Member

Hiya, my Xbox used to get error 21 cause well I screwed it up by trying to put the original MS dash back on while it was softmodded and well yeah. So I tried this method and followed instructions as well as I could and well the end result is now I get error 16, I can still get into my HDD though cause I have that Xbox Recovery Disc and I can still unhook the IDE cable and get into it like the method mentions and well... anyone have any idea how I can fix this? And just so you know the Recovery Disc don't fix it. Any help is appreciated.

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok get into the hdd, then list all files and folders on ROOT of C, E drive.

9. codcodios

codcodios Member

C: Folders: Audio, fonts, xboxdashdata.1012a700, xodash
    Files: xboxdash.xbe

E: Folders: UDATA, TDATA

10. codcodios

codcodios Member

well i gotta go for now, i won't be able to test anything out till monday. cause well it's not my computer and if the person who owns it knew i was using it in such a way i dont know if they'd approve (he's old and would think i'd break it) so still try to help me out please with any info or recommendations and i shall test them monday.

thank you

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Look like you dont have a complete working ms dash. It should be like this:

C:\Audio, Fonts, xboxdashdata, xodash, xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf

E:\UDATA, TDATA (This 2 folders are empty)

X, Y, Z are empty

12. codcodios

codcodios Member

i had downloaded the original files from that link you provided, and well those two files I didn't mention are in the font folder and I'm pretty sure I had also copied them to the root of C and well that didn't seem to fix it. So maybe that backup of the original files is missing something? or maybe they're corrupted... I don't know.

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Can you download MS dash from bittorent and try it?

14. codcodios

codcodios Member

yeah i was gonna try that but I gotta get someone else to do it for me cause I'm stuck on dialup and it would take forever. I'll inform you how it all works out once I get it. i appreciate all the help, and this was a fantasic tutorial. thanks.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You can also get a full original MS dash from your friends if they have.

16. kawsar

kawsar Guest

hi there
    i recently softmodded my xbox and then with the auto installer cd i messed it up now everytime i boot up the xbox it dosnt go to the ms dash board instead it gives me errors with a green screen says contacy customer support number 21 on the top left the xbox only boots up original games and not dvd/cds etc.. otherwise it goes to the error 21 green screen, please help i need to get the xbox to how it was before, what can i do? THE RETURN please help?

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you backup your ms dash? Do you know PC stuffs?

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Can you get a full working ms dash from your friend's xbox?

19. kawsar

kawsar Guest

well i already have a fresh files of ms dash that i downloaded from the net on my pc!!

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Then you are ready for hotswap. You only need to know what is the primary IDE and secondary IDE.

There are 2 IDE cables in the PC.

- PC's hdd is on the primary IDE cable.
    - the other IDE cable is just for xbox hdd.

REad my tut for 3-4 times. Look inside PC and Xbox to understand what I'm saying. When you know everything I said on the tut, then you can actually do the hotswap to reinstall ms dash.

I goto go now. be back.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2006