1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. madspar

madspar Guest

Well u said if it can be on the x for a couple of seconds witout cristmas lights then u can do it then i guess i can, if not i well buy the chepest mod chip, i well try the hot swap tomarow and tell u how it went....

also well i lose any of my old game data fixing the xbox...?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2006
  2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

sorry guys, i have to ask another question...i need to know if it is possible to just put the Shadmands softmod files on a new hdd that is connected to my computer, and then switch the hdd with the xbox. that way i don't have to ftp to my xbox or use action reaply because i don't want to buy it or hotswap because i don't want to risk my xbox...instead of installing via hotswap and then upgrading the hdd afterwards...can someone just say is it possible? no one seems to answer it. my friend did it, but he is too lazy to tell me, he had a family friend do it for him.

3. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@chanmanl

If you are going to use your computer Yes, you can put another HHD on your Xbox, but you need your eeprom and the software call xboxhdm to do it, without your eeprom forget it, because hotswapping is one way to gain access to your Xbox HHD inorder to get your eeprom you got to have access to your Xbox HHD and in stall Shadmands softmod and run configmagic to make a backup of your eeprom, and use the eeprom to put another HHD on your Xbox. I have a 120GB HHD in my Xbox and the original HHD is sitting in my desk draw.

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

thanks...but why do i have to install the softmod files on the xbox hdd if i want to install them on the new hdd? i just want to move softmod files to new hdd then switch. why do i need to unlock and install on the xbox hdd? doesn't the method i'm asking about not require anything to do with the xbox hdd except for physically taking it out and putting in the new hdd? i get how to do it the other 2 ways (memory card exploit and hotswap)

5. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

"@The Return
    Is your hdd ok? any bad cluster? does it spin fast or make noise or hot?"

I think everything is ok. I keep getting (No Fatx partition found at requested offset). How can I fix the Fatx partition?

6. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@chanmanl

Well first of all you need your <EEPROM>, I say again you need your <EEPROM> because you <EEPROM> is use to lock the HHD to your XBOX spects, you just can't put the softmod files on the HHD and plug it into your XBOX, what need to happen is, the HHD need to have four different partition and formated to the XBOX format, and then install softmod and you need XBOXHDM to do that.

The reason for hotswapping, is to unlock your HHD to have access to it, is like the HHD in your computer I'm pretty sure it's lockable, if you lock that HHD you wouldn't be able to use your computer because its lock, the XBOX unlock and lock the HHD automaticly, and even if you partition and format the HHD to the XBOX format, if you don't lock the HHD your XBOX wouldn't boot up because the XBOX HHD need to be lock and that where your EEPROM comes in.

It have every thing to do with your XBOX HHD if you want to use your computer to put a new HHD in your XBOX, you got to hotswap to get your EEPROM, but if you don't want to use your XBOX HHD to hotswap, you can use Action Replay and then FTP and try to get your EEPROM that way.

Remember, inorder to put a different HHD in your XBOX, you need the EEPROM and the XBOXHDM.

7. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

thanks...i get it a little bit moree....where is the eeprom? in the xbox hdd?

8. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@chanmanl

Here is a link, it show you where your EEPROM located and this is another way to get the EEPROM.

http://llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/Reading_Xbox_Hdd_key.htm

The EEPROM is not on the HHD, only when you made a copy of your EEPROM then it is stored on the HHD, so to get a copy of your EEPROM configmagic need to be install or you can follow the link above or mayby someone else has an easyer way.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jonwilcox
    did you check in Manger on window to see if pc recognizes the xbox hdd?

If PC does NOT recognize the hdd, explorer360 will NOT see the xbox hdd.

If PC recognizes the hdd and explorer360 cant see it, just redo hotswap again. Make sure not disconnecting ide cable from xbox hdd too late or too early.

10. santana22

santana22 Guest

i need help....i cant hotswap as soon as i unplug the wire from the xbox hd it takes me directly to the error 21 screen and my pc doesnt read it is there any other solution for this plz help

11. madspar

madspar Guest

Im gona do the hot swap soon but when i get it conected to the pc what files do i change to make the error 16 desiper?

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@madspar
    did you download the ms dash and shademand file? Use either one when you can access to xbox's hdd with explorer360

@santana22
    what do you mean?
    when do you unplug the ide cable from xbox hdd?
    did you check in Manager in window to see if PC recognized the xbox hdd?
    Tell me how you did the hotswap, I will fix the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2006
  13. madspar

madspar Guest

So to make it work i jsut put another ms dashbored?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yes, just follow my tut

15. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

"
    did you check in Manger on window to see if pc recognizes the xbox hdd?

If PC does NOT recognize the hdd, explorer360 will NOT see the xbox hdd.

If PC recognizes the hdd and explorer360 cant see it, just redo hotswap again. Make sure not disconnecting ide cable from xbox hdd too late or too early.

@The Return:
    Hotswap is not a problem - I can hotswap every time. I can delete a upload files all I want. My issue is when I upload files my xbox will not read them. I'm lost, maybe I can rebuild a new drive. I have my eeprom.
    How can I find a cheap H-drive to marry to my motherboard?

16. madspar

madspar Guest

I have another problem when i conect the xbox to the pc my computer freezes and goes to error 16 screen what do i do plz help!!!!

I did everything i unpluged it and pluged it into the pc when it was on the x without christmas lights? what do i do?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2006
  17. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@jonwilcox

Quote:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    How can I find a cheap H-drive to marry to my motherboard?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Try this link it might help.

http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

18. santana22

santana22 Guest

yup i checked all of that and yes its wen i disconnect the ide cable..
    this is what happens i turn on the pc and pause it b4 it boots...
    turn on the xbox and wait for the microsoft logo to appear and as soon as i try to unplug the ide cable it goes str8 to the error 21 screen....and to double check i resetted the xbox with the hdd connected and left it alone and the white logo stayed on for a while....but when i try to disconnect it it automatically goes to the error 21 screen and the pc doesnt read it so i dont kno wat to do now

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@santana22
    You have to disconnect the ide cable before it goes to error 21. So when you see the logo shown up, disconnect the ide cable from xbox's hdd right away. Then check in the Manager to make sure pc sees the xbox hdd. Then open up the explorer360 and try to read it.

@jonwilcox
    I'm not sure what's wrong with your xbox. So you did try the ms dash and Shademand file but you still get error 21, right? if so, that is strange. Just double check the jumper on hdd to make sure it sets to Cable Select or Master.

@madspar
    your computer is not support to be freeze. if it freezes, check your connection. the xbox's hdd is not on the same ide cable with pc's hdd.

20. madspar

madspar Guest

There not on the same cable teh pc hdd is on one and the xbox one uses the other one..so what else can be the problem?