1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jonwilcox

jonwilcox Guest

My xbox doesn't show error codes. just text.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@madspar
    you did hotswap before and it did not freeze. Why does PC get freezed now?

@jonwilcox
    I dont really know what's up with your xbox. You did hotswap and are able to upload files.

Do files stay on hdd after you put hdd back to xbox? I know this may a stupid question. But i'm out of idea.

3. regime

regime Regular member

just got my 360 on friday, anyone know anything about wat i can do w/o xecuter chip or that kinda shit?

4. madspar

madspar Guest

No i didnt i tried but i never worked but now im doing in on the x with a game inside....and my pc freezez when its checking for hdd's and the xbox usualy just wais like 15 seconds then goes to error 16.....???

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2006
  5. santana22

santana22 Guest

@ TheReturn

i know when i have to do it but the thing is as soon as i disconnect it from the xbox it goes to da error screen...

for example
    i turned on da xbox...waited for the microsoft logo to appear...started to disconnect the ide cable and boom right to the error screen.....next time i let the xbox run and it took about 10 seconds b4 it showed the error screen(and thats because i didnt unplug the ide cable)...
    the next time i turned the xbox on and unplugged the hdd and it went str8 to the error screen...

my point here is that as soon as just a little bit of the ide cable is removed it goes straight to the error 21 screen so im not able to hotswap

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

After you connect xbox's hdd to pc, pc still boots normally. if it freezes, something is wrong.

@santana22
    After you disconnect the cable, don't worry what on TV any more. YOu can also try to disconnect to ide cable right just before the logo will be shown.

7. madspar

madspar Guest

COuld it be timing? I know im suposed to do it on the x but when , when i starts or near the end when?

8. santana22

santana22 Guest

i have a question....since i already softmodded it b4 would i be able to just plug the hdd to my pc b4 i turn on the xbox then i turn on the xbox and the pc and would it read it?

9. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

sory

@santana22

It don't work like that, you got to unlock your drive first.

10. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@santana22

or you can plug HHD to your primary ide cable and use the xboxhdm and enter your eeprom manually then turn off the computer and switch to the secondary ide cable. I did it like that a couple of times, when you do it that way, you got to make sure every thing you enter is corret, when it come to locking the HHD back. If you enter the wrond letter or number chances are you don't know which one is wrong then you are screwed

11. d8ahazard

d8ahazard Member

Hi. I'm the author of the tutorial that was the original body of this one. While I can see that you've made some changes, it's also apparent that sections of this read word-for-word from my original tut.

If this could be updated with credit to me (digitalhigh) as well as a link to the original tut, I would appreciate it.

If not, then please take this down.

Thanks...DH.

Link to original:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/softmod-tutorials/5480-how-hotswap.html

12. santana22

santana22 Guest

1 question to help4me

the only eeprom i have is the one that came with shademans softmod
    i dont have the original xbox dash eeprom...but my xbox is already softmodded so would i b able to use the softmod eeprom?

13. d8ahazard

d8ahazard Member

You must be confused. The eeprom is a chip on your xbox's mobo...it contains the key to your HDD. You need to obtain your eeprom using a softmod.

14. santana22

santana22 Guest

oo yea i mustve gotten confused but i know i have an eeprom on my computer its eeprom.bin and its in the folder for the softmod in the tdata folder

15. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@santana22

The eeprom is the one that comes with that perticular motherboard, you can not use any other eeprom, you say that your xbox is softmodded then your need to run configmagic to make a backup of your eeprom, and thats the one you will need.

16. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

17. madspar

madspar Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  18. santana22

santana22 Guest

so pretty much i have to do all that bs just to unlock the hard drive.....honestly i barely ahve time to work on all of that and i hardly have the money so is there a simpler solution?

19. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@santana22

Hotswap don't caust a dime, you hotswap, install Shademand softmod and run configmagic and wala you got a copy of your eeprom, it is that simple, the only hard part is hotswapping, the only thing that might caust you anything is another HHD. The link I provided is just to give you an idear where your eeprom is.

Here is TheReturn link that tell you how to hotswap and every thing you need, so develop a good understanding on what to do and you might kick your self after you realize how easy it is, I had the same problem too, in the process of learning I lockup an 80gb and now I can't use it be cause it is lock and can't open it because the pass word or the key I use, I lost it.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766#1946286

20. santana22

santana22 Guest

lol but help4me i wrote my situation earlier in this thread so pretty much i cant hotswap