1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. cearel

cearel Guest

i have a question i just bought(off ebay) a xbox and it is giving me a error 7 so i opened it and the hdd was clicking so i needed to replace it and this is what i did i formatted a hdd installed all the softmod files onto it and noe all i get is a error 5 witch means it is unlocked but i cant run aid because it goes strait to the error any ideas??

2. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

3. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

@cearel

Yes Modchip.

I'm going to tell you why, you say that you formatted another HHD and install the softmod, but one thing you didn't do is lock the HHD, if you want the HHD to work with that Xbox you bought you need to get the eeprom from the Xbox that you bought and use that eeprom to lock that HHD, here is a link and read errow 5 and understand what's in volve with errow 5.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562#1150919

4. santana22

santana22 Guest

@help4me

do u know anywhere where i can send my xbox in to get it modded....cuz i dont know how to solder the modchips

5. cearel

cearel Guest

ok iam very famillier with the modchip solusion but i dont want to take the modchip out of my other xbox i just wanted to see if someone had any other ideas because i didnt know of a way to do it and figured there wasnt one. But yea im pissed they told me it worked perfectly and when i got it and powerd it up i got an error 7 so im going to try and get my money back

6. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

If you broke the seal in order to open the xbox, you may have a tough time getting your money back, but good luck any way.

7. cearel

cearel Guest

lol dude ima pro that shit is perfect hehe

8. shivang

shivang Member

dude according to microsoft if a seal or sticker is broken or ripped your xbox has been tampered with so well good luck any wayz...

9. cearel

cearel Guest

yea well i used a blow dryer to melt the glue then i used twezers to pleel it back just enough to get to the swrews ill take a pic some time and show it to u

10. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Yea but does it look genuine.

11. cearel

cearel Guest

yep sry man i working 40 hrs a week and going to scjool but ill get that pic ull be amazed hehe

12. russkiy

russkiy Member

A little help? :p

I've deleted everything on Partition 3 & 4 (backed up only Partition 4, doh!)

So now when i copy over the softmod files to P3 & P4 it doesn't react at all, they all get copied but when the copy status bar dissappears Xplorer360 either crashes or just shows the partitions empty :huh: :eek: :(
    What now?

And now i get an error:

[​IMG]

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Shit!
    What happened after you hit OK? Can you still copy files over?
    Check in Manager on window to see if the hdd status is ok.
    Try to close the xplorer360 and open it again. then copy files again.
    Did you copy the eeprom.bin to PC?

If the whole thing crash, connect the hdd back to xbox and turn off. Turn xbox on again to see what error code do you have now?

What is worng with your xbox at the beggining?

14. madspar

madspar Guest

Hey return can you help ME!!! i do everything u tell me whgen i unplug it my oc freezez and xbox is on green light then like 20 sec later it starts flashing red green and goes to error 16 help me!!

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

First, is this the original hdd or upgraded hdd?

Second, my hotswap is different with xboxhdm. So dont misunderstand.

Third, did your xbox work? and how did you get problem?

fourth, have you use xboxhdm on this hdd?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2006
  16. madspar

madspar Guest

why wont you help me

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I help you that is why I need to know what actually going on with your xbox now. Otherwise how can I fix your xbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2006
  18. madspar

madspar Guest

I told u a week ago!!!! My xbox has an error 16!! you said to hotswap it when its on the x and i have to do it befor the error screen and i did that then my oc freezes when its pluged in!

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I remember that. But meanwhile you were talking about xboxhdm. So did you build this hdd with xboxhdm? or did you do anything with xboxhdm?

20. madspar

madspar Guest

I never did that???I cant do that i dont have any backup files you said to conect it to the pc and use xplorer360