1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

well i am guessing that i did it right to start with because i never touched the computers hard drive cable.

So do you think that i should hook up the xbox with the computer off and then let it boot normally?

(ok the way my computer is now. and was when i bought it, i have two ide cables. one for the dvd drive and another for the computers hdd. i will take the one that is being used by the dvd and use that for the xbox right?)

also, what do you mean by "xbox hdd set to CS or Master." how do i do that?

2. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

ok i first want to thank you for your response.

i have done some research and came up with this.

i have been able to connect my hard drive with my pc. my computer isnt freezing no more. it reconized it but the xplorer doesnt. when i restart it with it connected, windows will not load. but if i do it with windows runing it will detect it.

how do i get xplorer to detect it?

thanks again

added: here is what xplorer is telling me. (in the add hardware section in the control panel i can see the hard drive) so the computer sees it but xplorer doesnt
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
  3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

it is good if PC recognizes the xbox's hdd. If explorer360 can't read fatX, which mean xbox's hdd is locked. So put hdd back to xbox.

Just redo hotswap for a couple of tims as you did. These times pay attention to when you disconnect the IDE cable. If you disconnect too early or too late, the hdd stays lock.

Check in the Manager to make sure xbox's hdd in there. If yes, then open the explorer360 and read the FatX.

Tell me when you disconnect the IDE cable from xbox's hdd.

4. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

this seems so easy if only i could get xplorer to reconize it. i have another xbox around here..it doesnt show the micorosft logo but i took it apart and tried it. the computer reconizes it but xplorer doesnt. i will keep you tuned in on what i am getting. hopefully i can get it.

also, here is when i disconnect the cable.

right after the white microsoft logo appears but right before it starts flashing colors and goes to the support screen.

on my tv, it shows the support screen even after i disconnect the hdd.

thanks alot man

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

disconnect ide cable right at the logo shown up. Also make sure the light is NOT flashing green/red before disconnecting IDE cable.

6. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

yeah i just tried it again. im doing exactly what your saying. right now my light is steady green. and the tv is on the big x screen with white microsoft logo. still saying it cannot find it. (would i be able to see the drive in "my computer"?)

7. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

does it matter how fast you connect it to the computer after your disconnect it the other wire

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

No you dont see a drive in the computer.

You only can tell in the Manager.

NO it does not matter how fast you connect it to PC

9. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

i have tried and tried man.. i cant get it. i have tried right on, before, and after.

i do have a blank hdd..but i dont have the eeprom so is there any way i could build one with the files if i dont have the eeprom

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

No you can't build new hdd without eeprom.

11. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

i am starting to think something may not be right because i have two messed up xboxs. and i have tried both and the explorer reads not one of them.

my brother does have a xbox here that works fine. but i really dont want to take a chance in f'ing that up.

12. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

No you can build new hdd without eeprom. ? you can or cannot?

what do you mean how do i hotswap

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Let do this way:

Start with PC and Xbox off
    -turn on PC and xbox at same time. do not press break/pause key on PC
    -wait untill ms logo shows up. Disconnect IDe cable from xbox. Connect to PC
    - window boot up. check in manager and open explorer360.

14. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

ok i will do it that way. and i will repost with results in about 15 mins.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

on the other xbox (no ms logo). Try to hotswap with an original game inside dvd drive.

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

What are the error code on 2 xbox?

17. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

ok i tried it. it didnt work. this really sucks.

error 21 on mine.

no error code on the other.

we have another xbox that works perfect.

i am trying the hotswap with a game on the other right now..

18. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

nothing is working! is there any other program i can use unstead of xplorer

19. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

I actully try it with the pc on and the started up the xbox and as soon as I heard the hdd sounds like its going to boot, I unpluged the ide cable from xbox and then connected to pc. If that didn't work with xplorer360 then go to device manager and scan for hardware changes and then run xplorer360 again. The reason I did this is because I deleted evrything except for partion4 because and error I my mistake was plugging the xbox back on the hdd and then rebooting without anything for the hdd to boot. So yeah I conform that it works even without the ms white logo come on.

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yaa, try to do like Noamos said above.
    Turn on PC and load window. Then do hotswap.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2006