1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

when i plug it in it doesnt see it when i search but it is under the devices that are already installed.. so i mean it is showing that it is there i just cannot get xplorer to see it..

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm there are 2 reasons that the xplorer does not see the xbox's hdd:

- the hdd is NOT unlocked.
    - the configuration of your computer which is not compatible with FatX format. I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIS.

I'm sure that the hdd is unlocked when you do hotswap on xbox with ms logo shown. But I still dont know why xplorer360 cant read it.

3. david1200

david1200 Member

I have a xbox that was a failed softmod, no ms dash. I hotswapped it to factory settings and used for about a month no problem. I just tried to use the shademands softmod using the hotswap method. I copied all of partition 3, and then the xbox timed out halfway through partition 4, and turned off. I tried to hotswap it again, but when I pull the IDE cable it goes directly to error 21. Any ideas?

4. jaden_223

jaden_223 Member

can you transfer files of the xbox onto the computer using Xplorer360 or not

5. jaden_223

jaden_223 Member

and to be shure this is for the origional xbox and not the xbox360 right

6. david1200

david1200 Member

It's a regular xbox. I would use xplorer360, but when I pull the IDE cable to do a hotswap it goes directly to error 21. thanks

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

After you disconnect the IDE cable from xbox's hdd, dont worry what is on TV.

8. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

Help needed, DONE EVERY THING TO THE T, WITH "Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod" AND TRIED "FACTORY CONDITION" RESTORE AND I STILL GET ERROR 21

9. david1200

david1200 Member

@TheReturn
    After you disconnect the IDE cable from xbox's hdd, dont worry what is on TV.

I can't get my PC to read it now. Is there another way, or is that it for the HDD.
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  10. fafasi

fafasi Member

hey guys,i've tried to hotswap my xbox,but nothing happens.can anyone please help me. the following things i've done to hotswap.

i've done everything ,but the p.c. tells me the it does not find a xboxhd. i have a list of what to do.i followed the instructions i got from xbox scene and from techfreak.i know that the instructions are correct.the way i setup my p.c.
    1.I transfered my c folder and e folder from my xbox then created the c.d. needed for the hotswap. i run the xbox with the problem until i get to the microsoft logo then remove the IDE cable etc..... everything is fine until the p.c. does not find the xboxhd. what am i doing wrong? please help anyone. thanx

11. jaden_223

jaden_223 Member

with the hot swaping i have done every thing exept the xplorer360 cause my computer reads the xbox HDD but the xplorer360 keeps on saying that there is no FATX drive to read can anyone help me with that

chers

jaden_223

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@david1200
    You said that you did hotswap before and fixed the xbox. So you already know how to hotswap. Why do you have problem now?

did you use the xboxhdm before? or did you backup eeprom to PC?

@Vicious27
    YOu successed to do hotswap but Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod and Restore hdd to factory method dont work on your xbox. I'm just curious that if you copied all files and folders to xbox's hdd as I said on the tut.

If you said YES, I dont know what going on with your xbox. So tell me what wrong with your xbox. If you try to softmod and fusk it up, what are you using to softmod? You need the save game, linux file and the game. Do the hotswap and Restore xbox to factory condition. Make sure you have the complete ms dash. Also copy the save game and linux file to UDATA and TDATA. Then try to load the game and access to the linux file.

@fafasi
    look like you are doing hotswap with xboxhdm. YOu need eeprom to do that.

My tut is not for xboxhdm. what wrong with your xbox? did you try my tut? if yes, where do you get stuck?

@jaden_223
    when did you disconnect IDE cable from xbox hdd? as I said on the tut, if you disconnect too early or too late, xbox's hdd stays lock. Which means xplorer360 will not read it.

Tell me more about your xbox

13. david1200

david1200 Member

@TheReturn
    You said that you did hotswap before and fixed the xbox. So you already know how to hotswap. Why do you have problem now?
    did you use the xboxhdm before? or did you backup eeprom to PC?

I tried to use the shademands softmod using the hotswap method. I copied all of partition 3, and then the xbox timed out halfway through partition 4, and turned off. I tried to hotswap it again, but when I pull the IDE cable it goes directly to error 21. I can't access the HDD now. As far as xboxhdm, I don't have the eeprom or a way to burn an iso, or slayers. thanks

14. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

FILES COPIED OK BUT I STILL GET ERROR 21, NO SOFTMOD BEFORE IT MESS UP JUST GOT ERROR 21 BEFORE TRYING TO FIX IT

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@david1200

When you do hotswap, explorer360 can't read xbox's hdd because the hdd does not have a chance to get unlocked. It is a simple reason. Your xbox does not have a complete Shademand file. So when you turn on xbox, it goes straight to error/service screen and the hdd does not have a chance to get unlocked.

Plus, You don't have eeprom which means you can't use xboxhdm. Look like you are at the dead end. I can't think of any other way to fix your xbox except modchip.

@Vicious27
    weird problem. Does your xbox still load original games?

16. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

nope no games nothing, thought i could fix it after reading this thread

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well you successfully do hotswap and are able copy files to xbox's hdd. That means tut works great.

However, your xbox still doesn't work and I don't why. I can't figure the root cause.

At the first time you did hotswap, did you copy all files from xbox to PC? if yes, can you list what are on root of Partition 3 and 4? I want to know it because I think something else cause xbox to get error 21.

18. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

partition 0= cache001.map, cache000.map, fonts, perferences.dat

partition 1= gta.img

partition 2= sgf, savegame1.bin, savegame0.bin, cache005.map, cache004.map, cache003.map, cache002.map

partition 3= xodash, xboxdashdata.185ead00, xboxdash.xbe, xbox.xtf, xbox book.xtf, fonts, audio

partition 4= cache, tdata, udata

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yes, your hdd is fine at the beginning. If you compare it with my Restore hdd to Factory condition. Partition 3 and 4 are same. This means something else causes the problem.

check the IDE and POwer cable for both hdd and dvd drive on xbox. did you drop the xbox?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2006
  20. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

nope didnt drop it, do u think with a modchip i will be able to fix it?