1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes, that is great.

2. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

i seem to be having a problem ip settings , ip reads 0.0.0.0

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

make sure you have Static mode.

4. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

can u ftp with Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod? im also having problems with halo 2 system link

5. Vicious27

Vicious27 Member

6. rae07

rae07 Member

Hi. i've been reading on this forum for quite a while and i'm in process of downloading the softmod package to fix my screwed up xbox.

i intend to use cdodge's method to unlock harddrive (plug out cdrom ide and get error 11) and do a drive swap and read with xplorer360.

one question thuogh, when it's said, "delete all drives and copy over shademan's C: and E:" it means everything? i understand that eeprom.bin's in one C:/E: and by deleting all...doesn't it make ur harddrive a paperweight?when ur drive reboots?

or do you need to put the eeprom.bin somewhere? thxs for help.

cheers
    rae

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

if your hdd is unlocked, you dont have to do hotswap. Just put the hdd into PC. Make sure to set jumper to right position. Turn on PC and open xplorer360. It will read the xbox hdd.

MAKE SURE BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE DELETING.

now copy shademand softmod file to xbox's hdd per my tut. When done, put the hdd back to xbox. YOU SHOULD GET ERROR 5 BECAUSE YOUR HDD IS UNLOCKED. Then you need to lock the hdd with your original eeprom by using xboxhdm1.9

If you dont have eeprom, your xbox will need modchip.

Yep, that means everything. The eeprom.bin uses to lock the hdd if it is unlocked.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2006
  8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Vicious27
    I don't have Shademand on my box. So I dont know.

9. Milojinir

Milojinir Guest

The Return,

I've follow all as in yours xboxhdm tut,but when the big X appear after comes the error 06 - Kernel - Can not unlock HDD and I can't see "Microsoft" on the bottom of it.

I want to try again step by step if you can help me!...

I have:
    - a backup xBox_backup.bin file of the older xBox HDD (9.31 Gb)
    - bios.bin
    - disk.bin
    - eeprom.bin
    - hddkey.bin
    - hddinfo.txt

--- you mensioned this ---

"Have you ever used xboxhdm1.9?
    If yes, then make a new boot disk with the original backup eeprom on PC. then run xboxhdm and unlock the hdd with that eeprom.

http://xguides.xbox-scene.com/tikiwiki/t...HDM+for+dummies
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t244043.html

If you have not used xboxhdm before, let me know."

http://xguides.xbox-scene.com/tikiwiki/t...HDM+for+dummies (can you please tell me the complete link to this page?
    Already have the "xboxhdm1.9"
    Please help me how to do it step by step.

Thanks in advance

Milojinir

10. rae07

rae07 Member

Hi. thank you for your help. now i'm a clearer as to wat i should do. one question though...can i extract my eeprom from harddrive b4 i delete it all and use config magic with my eeprom to 'lock' the drive?

do not feel very safe booting dos (if i use xboxhdm) cos my com's a lil slow and screwed up.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Milojinir
    here are steps that you need to follow:
    -download and install xplorer360 on PC.
    -ftp the whole C and E drive from 9.31GB hdd to PC.
    -UNLOCK the big hdd. You can verify it by put the hdd back to xbox. Turn on you should have error 5.
    -Put hdd back to PC. Setup the jumper for the hdd per your connections on PC. Turn on PC and load to windows (Do use xboxhdm or hotswap). Open explorer360, it will read the xbox's hdd. YOu should see 5 or 6 partitions.
    -copy everything OF C (you ftp from 9.31gb hdd) to partition 3
    -copy everything OF E (you ftp from 9.31gb hdd) to partition 4
    -Make sure you put eeprom.bin into eeprom folder inside the linux folder, everything OF C into C folder inside the linux folder, everything OF E into E folder inside the linux folder. Now make a boot disk for xboxhdm.
    -Turn off PC.
    -Turn on pc with the boot disk and boot xboxhdm. Then Lock your hdd.
    -Put it back to xbox.

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@rae07
    Yes, You can use Configmagic to backup eeprom if you xbox is up and running. But you xbox is broke now, how do you use it?

Plus if you dont have eeprom now, do not unlock the hdd.

13. rae07

rae07 Member

yeah..i juz realised that config magic's an xbox application. Thanx a lot for your help
    yeah? i'll keep dated on how my xbox going. ain't got time to fiddle ard with my box at
    moment.

btw...can anyone help seed the torrent? i'm stuck at 88.1% with no seed. thx in advance!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  14. Milojinir

Milojinir Guest

Hello TheReturn!

My problem is that I can't Unlock the big HDD! :(
    I have been trying everything I have read in this web site and others as well! No success! :(

I can try again using this steps, but how can I unlock the HDD as you mention on 3rd step?

Thanks in advance

Milojinir

15. rae07

rae07 Member

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@rae07
    did you try my hotswap tut?

@Milojinir
    goto xbox-scene and read tuts "how to unlock the hdd". Hope that will help.

17. rae07

rae07 Member

TheReturn>> yeah...i've read ur tutorials. will try the hotswap if cdodge's method don't work. reason y i decide to use his method's because it's not time dependant. which means i do not need to go fast-swapping which i should terriblily suck at. :p

i juz need to have my shademand's ISO completed. stuck at 98.4%. (DAMN!)

18. fafasi

fafasi Member

hey returner thanxfor all your help.but i'm still having problems.the xbhdm does not read the xbox hdd.what am i doing wrong. can you send me the files that i need.or can you make the disk in iso form and then send it to me?that would also be helpful. if you can?

thanx

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

IS Your hdd locked or unlocked? Make sure you have it UNLOCK.

How do you connect it in PC? As the tut said that you have to connect to Primary IDE cable (where the PC hdd is) and set jumper to Master.

Does the computer load the boot disk at turn on?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2006
  20. nate1490

nate1490 Regular member

I have a question.
    I was on the last step using xboxhdm, but when i try to lock the had, it says that eeprom is not found. I know its in the right folder.
    Its my friends xbox, im using his eeprom and c folders, but my e folder.??? Can i do that????