1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. kawsar

kawsar Guest

it all sounds complicated, firstly i need to open up the xbo to have a look where can i get the screw drivers to open up the xbox?

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

3. CHAOS_W

CHAOS_W Member

I plugged the IDE cable in and hit a button on my keyboard, continued to boot, then --my computer is sooo slowww.. my Xbox turns off and i cant find the device manager and i get a message "Could not find FATX drive to open!" on Xplorer360.. I dont have a tv connected to my xbox cuz my tv is too far away from my computer -i cant move either so i can connect it to my xbox.
    YARR THIS IS MAKING ME MAD!

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Then you did not read my tut carefully.

- pc's hdd is on Primary IDE cable
    - xbox's hdd is on Secondary IDE cable

They are 2 different IDE cables.

5. kawsar

kawsar Guest

ok am all readdy to do the hotwsap now
    but after i connected it how do i put the ms dash files from my pc into the xbox hdd using that tool Xplorer360?

6. CHAOS_W

CHAOS_W Member

ok. i got iyt all connected. i see the partitions. i transfered all the files..
    sadly, it could just be my xbox, but it didn't work.

Thanks for the great detailed tut, tho! :)

I'm just gunna sell my xbox's to Llama.com.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

wait CHAOS_W
    what is the error code now?
    You maybe dont have a complete working ms dash. You can get ms dash from your friend's xbox.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  8. kawsar

kawsar Guest

ok just opened up my pc theres only 1 adi cable inside
    which is the one to the dvd-rw that i have

and on the pc hardrive theres clour coded leads on it as wel as the power cord

so am a bit confused

so should i remove the dvd-rw and put that adi cable on the xbox when hotswapping?

please let us now?

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Look into PC mother board. you will find 2 IDE ports: primary and secondary. Check to see where IDE of CD drive goes to.

Where is data cable of pc hdd go to on motherboard?

10. kawsar

kawsar Guest

ok on the pc mother board theres 2 black slots for a adi cable but only 1 adi cable is connected on mines which goes to my dvd=rw rom and on the hdd theres a power lead as well as another red serial ati cable which connects from the motherboard to the hdd instaed of a adi cable so should i use the dvd=rw adi to hotswap the xbox?

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

12. kawsar

kawsar Guest

whaahayyyyyyy
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THE RETURN
    i just done it
    it worked perfectly just like you said THE RETURN?
    THE XBOX WORKS AS IT USE TO NOW NO ERROR SCREEN

JUST SOFTMODDED IT JUST NOW
    WORKING JUST GREAT

EXELENT THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP THE RETURN

YOUR THE BEST MATE

CHEERS

13. CHAOS_W

CHAOS_W Member

I got error 16. I messed up the dash when I tryed softmodding.
    I saw the partitions and transfered the files to the hdd (so it said) from my computer using Xplorer360 and when I boot it up nothing different happened. I still got the eroor 16 message.

Can someone provide a link to another MS dash download? Maybe that could be the problem?

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@kawsar

CHEERS

@CHAOS_W

Yeah, try another ms dash. If you can get it from your friend xbox, it is best.

ERROR 16 is the hardest to fix. Because xbox can't set the internal clock, that is why you get error 16. In some case you have to buy/borrow modchip to fix the xbox.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

16. CHAOS_W

CHAOS_W Member

Thanks, Return.
    I downloaded the torrent and will report back with my results. I hope I can bring back my Xbox to life. :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  17. kawsar

kawsar Guest

good luck mate

18. Kavika

Kavika Member

Greetz... first your advice is really great. Cool of you to help out so many people. If you don't mind, i need some help too.

I was trying out a softmod for the first time on a friend's xbox and got everything working, but i (stupidly) restarted the xbox after unlocking the HDD and now when i start up again it is error 6. No microsoft logo, so the hotswap isnt going to work. I did make a back up of everything, but it is still on the E drive of the xbox.

I do have my own modded xbox, but again, the nonworking hdd isnt kicking in and i can't get into it. This is what i've tried so far:

- Using the linux cd described to lock the hdd back, i think this was a mistake, because when i locked it with the password xbox, i think the xbox can now no longer unlock it? (i got excited and didnt think that one through.)
    - Hotswapping with my working xbox hdd in order to get the tools in my evox and slayer's disk to work on the nonworking hdd, no luck
    - My eeprom backup is on the E drive of the nonworking hdd, but i cant access it in the pc or the xbox. Seems wierd because if it is locked, then the xbox should see it. if it is unlocked, then the pc should see it?
    - Through various tools on the linux cd, i am able to get sometimes get error 6 or 7 when booting it in my xbox, but can never get the microsoft logo again.

Please, any help to either get the eeprom backup off my nonworking hdd or use my modded xbox to some how reset it.

Cheers

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Kavika

JUST Answer ALL following questions:

1/ do you have eeprom of broken xbox? if so, where is it?

2/ did you backup everything in broken xbox's hdd to PC? if so, are they complete of E and C drive? Look for eeprom.bin in E drive.

3/ You have a modded xbox. Is it solderless chip? Is there possible for you to install that modchip into a broken xbox? I just borrow it to fix a broken xbox. If you can, what are version of 2 xbox?

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2006
  20. Kavika

Kavika Member

Thanks for the reply!

1/ do you have eeprom of broken xbox? if so, where is it?
    - No, the backup is on the E drive of the xbox and I can't get to it. Yes, i'm a dork! I got excited when i was able to get xbmc running and i just rebooted the xbox before using ftp to copy over my backup.

2/ did you backup everything in broken xbox's hdd to PC? if so, are they complete of E and C drive? Look for eeprom.bin in E drive.
    -The backup is still on the xbox drive.

3/ You have a modded xbox. Is it solderless chip? Is there possible for you to install that modchip into a broken xbox? I just borrow it to fix a broken xbox. If you can, what are version of 2 xbox?
    - Yes, it is a DMS solderless. But if the broken HDD doesn't work in the modded xbox, why would it putting the modchip in the other xbox make a difference? The HDD still won't boot. Both are "wave 2" machines, kernel 4030 for both.

If I just get another 8 gig HDD and format it to RETAIL with Slayer's Disk, can I pop that in and start over? It's cheap and would save a lot of headache. Is this an option, or am i going to now have to chip the new xbox since the original eeprom is perhaps lost forever?

Cheers again for the reply!