1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mhack

mhack Guest

@ return no but ill check is there a tut on here?? thanks

2. mhack

mhack Guest

right i got xboxhdm and a tut on it!
    but still no joy!
    i have accessed the xbox hard drive as told booted up xboxhd with the xbox as the only hd! i can get into the menu screen 1-8
    i assume i want option 1 becoz i need to rebuild the partitions. but the message i keep getting is :
    no xbox partition on /dev/hda
    drive is not locked but locking is enabled blah blah
    press any key to abort....

i have left it for a while but this just stays here!
    ive also tried deleting the drive option 5 then re-writing but keep getting the same!!!
    any idea what wrong??

ive also tried option 2
    but get are you sure this device is partitioned
    now going crazy wanting to kick hell outta it surely this must be sutin simple??

3. LCrazy

LCrazy Guest

well idk like i was just like turin it on and stuff didnt hook it up to computer and now i have been getting error 7 so idk wuts up

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@LCrazy
    That is weird. I dont know why you get error 7 while you have NOT done anything to xbox.

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

Most of the times, the IDE cable is not properly connected when you see this error. Please reattach the ide cable. Not only to the harddisk drive but also to the dvd drive. ALso try to reconnect the ide cable to the motherboard.

Press pretty hard so it goes all the way in. Make sure it is seated straight and proper in the drives and the motherboard. If you still have an error 7. Try another ide cable. If that won't work try another harddisk. If there is still no go, try to set the jumpers on the rearside of the harddisk drive. Set it to master or cable select. If still no succes, good luck and sell your xbox to me rolleyes.gif

@mhack
    option 1 is correct. It will allow you to format the hdd. I think your hdd stayed lock when you do hotswap. Just try hotswap again.

5. mhack

mhack Guest

i did try hotswap but x360 wont find the drive now i have tried a few times. its weird because the xbox will load to ms dash will play cd and dvds but not games!!

ill try xboxhd again when i have some time
    but what i meant to tell was when i get to option 1 it displys the message i prviously posted and thats all nothing else so how would it re-format the drive??

6. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

ok i`m gonn have to ask for som help ..

i`m trying to hotswap ,here what i`m doing .

method 1

1 all off
    2 power on pc ,press pause
    3 boot xbox
    4 pull ide cable from xbox hdd when white "microsoft" shows on screen
    5 put cable in xbox hd on secondary ide cable on pc
    6 complete pc boot
    7 run xplorer360
    8 ERROR : CANNOT FIND FATX DEVICE (or somthing like that)

method 2

1 , as above
    2 boot pc into windows
    3, as above
    4, as above
    5, as above
    6, ........
    7 as above
    8 AS ABOVE ....GRRR

i`ve done both of these about 20 times each varying the times i pull the cable ...i`ve ablo tried with xboxhdm that can`t read it either .

any help would be great .

the xbox all works fine ..i`m trying to softmod with ndure

i`m stuck ! hey i`m not doing bad i managed to build an eeprom reader ...so i`ve got the eeprom.bin if there`s another option to unlocking ??

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  7. funguy

funguy Member

I'm new to this site, I am interested in softmoding one of my xboxs. I have a xbox with a modchip installed. My question is can I hotswap the HDD so that I can softmod the other? I am not interested in switching the modchip out.

8. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

sorry didn`t read it right ....doh!!

9. funguy

funguy Member

Is it possible to just hotswop the 8gig and put it in my modded xbox install the slayer. Then swap it back? I really hope it is this easy.

Thanks

10. mhack

mhack Guest

@pink floy
    itried the same as you a few times but i found it easier to hotswap with pc already booted!

turn your xbox on as instructed and when the microsoft logo pops up pull the ide out of the xbox and put it into your pc's secondary ide.
    then before you run 360 try the find new hardware in your control panel first, this is the method i had to use and then 360 worked fine!

11. funguy

funguy Member

:) all the other info here is very helpful.

12. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

thats whats confusing me .It`s showing up in device manager ok .but it`s not showing up in the "my computer" (which i`m assuming it wont) and xplorer360 can`t find it either .i`ll keep trying .

cheers for the reply !

dave

13. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

Ok these are my observations ...they may be of some use .

if you have attempted to do the hot swap following the rules in the thread and it still doesn`t work .it`s NOT GOING TO..!! period !!

i tried probably 50 times on my main machine in both windows xp and vista AND in linux and it just didn`t want to know .it came up ok in device manager but nothing could read it .

I changed to my backup machine (old as the hills duron 800mhz ..lol) and it worked first time .SOOO ...there is somthing either in bios or on the board that will NEVER let my pentium 4 machine read a locked xbox drive...if you can`t get it to work ..use another computer cos it`s not going to work!!

dave

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  14. mhack

mhack Guest

i kinda sympathize with you i have completed 2 hotswaps with this tut and everything was ace. i am now on a third (supposed to be lucky HA!) and can i f**k get it to work i have tried xboxhd and everything i think the actual hardrvie dont want to be modded lol.
    this one i think has me beaten, have tried all advice and nothing. i guess ill have to start again somehow.

i just dont get how it will load ms dash and play dvds (with dongle) and play music cds. but no games???
    my pc will pick up the hardrive but 360 or xboxhd wont!!!!

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@pink_floy
    hard work for you. It should work on windows XP. I still dont know why. I maybe add some comments about computers on tut.

So if you and everyone have any comments to help other hotswappers, post here.

Anyway, cheers.........

@funguy
    NO. If you want to softmod your other xbox, follow the link on second post on the first page.

@mhack
    the option 1 did not work because your hdd stayed lock. If you do hotswap and hdd is unlocked, option 1 on xboxhdm will work.

do you have eeprom for this xbox? can you ftp? do softmod by following the link on second post on the first page.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  16. mhack

mhack Guest

unfortunalty i dont have the eeprom and believe this or not i have trouble tryingf to get my pc to communicate with the xbox.
    i take it ive locked the harddrive on the xbox somehow and need to reopen it!
    thanks v.much ill try ftp again and see what comes up if not i guess ill have to build an eeprom reader or sutin??

17. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

well i just want to thank everyone for their tuts ...my story is similar to others i guess ? i bought a broken playstation and xbox from ebay for 34 quid (gbp) the pair including postage and didn`t really expect either to work .but using the tuts here i got the xbox working by :

1, making an eeprom reader
    2, follow the tuts for using xboxhdm
    3, viola i had a working xbox .
    4, again followed the hot swap tut
    5, used xboxhdm and ndure to softmod the box
    6, bingo 1 fully working modded xbox for about £1.99 cost fixing it (for components etc

and the -laystation ....well that came with disk read errors so i THOUGHT it would be a simple loop change ....but actually the seal was intact and all it needed was years of dust taking out .

i`m well chuffed .

thanx a lot all !!

dave

PS>IF I CAN HELP ANYONE PLEASE DON`T HESITATE TO PM ME .....PLEASE PM ME AS I DON`T GET THE CHANCE TO COME IN A LOT SO I NEED THE EMAIL ALERT TO LET ME KNOW SOMONES ASKING FOR HELP !!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  18. mhack

mhack Guest

anyone want to sell me a ready made eeprom reader????

return i have tried to unlock hd with xboxhd still no joy the pc wont pick any hard drive up for some reason y wud this be? i have tried a blank hd aswell but xboxhd still wont pick it up. i have followed your tut on xboxhd for dummies and i guess i must be more than a dummy coz i cant seem to get it right :( lol

19. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

are you in the europe ??

if you are i can sort one out for you .

dave

20. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

are you in the europe ??

if you are i can sort one out for you .

dave