1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mhack

mhack Guest

soz i musnt of explained the actual drive for the box thats locked can be read with xboxhd but you cant unlock it i have tried!! when its goes to the security screen it keeps saying drive locked!!! option 1 will not work!!!!
    so my theory was if i program a disc with xboxhd and the correct eep it will open the drive for me then be back to sq 1!?

2. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

what does it do after hotswap ??

dave

3. mhack

mhack Guest

when i connect the drive to xboxhd, i boot 3. then i try to unlock the drive but nothing it either doesnt find the drive or with my eep it stays locked.
    then if i try to run xboxhd and get the 8 options ive tried nearly all of em and nothing if you go back a few pages on the posts it should all be there!

with x360 i try to connect to hardrive get the NO FATX and thats it, no partitions or nought.

4. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

i`m still thinking it`s the pc . Try another one .if you hotswap a drive into the pc from the correct xbox and your pc will do it ,it WILL work ,period, I have a nice machine (p4 ,3.06 ghz ,1 gig ram etc etc ) and it just would not do it ...i went on for days trying this trying that ,going on and on , ..i tried it on my daughters (amd 800mhz piece of crap) and it worked first time from start to finish. within` 10 mins i had a modded xbox with no need for the eep

5. mhack

mhack Guest

ill av ago i have an old comp lying around here i assume u mean try with x360 again?(i use my new comp for that similar spec to you) am dubious to use my new comp with xboxhd just incase! so i use an old one (i have a lot of stuff here i just cant cock it up),. ill c how i get on. but WILL the xboxhd work if i get the eep from the right box??as i said the xboxhd can read the drive if i have the disc in with myy epp!

6. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

you don`t need the eep for xboxhdm as long at the drive belongs to the xbox .as long at the drive can be unlocked by the xbox you don`t need the eep at all .the eep method came BEFORE hot swap was discovered or it`s only useful IF you don`t have the correct drive for the xbox and need to lock a completely new drive (or an old pc drive)to a specific xbox. I don`t use 360 at all ...just xboxhdm with ndure .does it all in a couple clicks (or keystrokes even)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  7. jakks

jakks Regular member

I used a different version of Xplorer360, was able to copy over the new files but it still displays error 16, do the files have to be copied in a certain order or can they be placed on the xbox harddrive in alphabetical order

8. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

excellent ...they have to be put in the correct places mate .i got my hd working by using slayers install disk and used the original c and e folders from there

dave

9. mhack

mhack Guest

@pfloy the drive does belong to the box but i honestly have tried all suggestions but cant seem to grasp it! i understand u saying that xboxhd will unlock the drive but ive tried a few times and no joy! thats y i thought it must need the eep to unlock it (thats y return asks u to back up eep isnt it incase u balls up)
    one one hand its not my box so i dnt care lol.
    but on the other hand its f$%^in annoyin the hell outta me!!
    cheers for all your help will let you know how i get on ill have a try with everything again wen i get time!

@ jaks

i had to put the files in one at a time and the folders when i dione mine and had no probs

10. kr3wsk8

kr3wsk8 Guest

i need sum help, i softmodded my xbox, worked fine, my dumbass cleared all the cache, it told me to reboot, then got some error, no dash, but could play games, untill i unplugged it 4 a while, now i have error 16, i know it has to do wit the clock, im trying to hoyswap rite now, i just dont know when exactly to pull the ide out of the xbhd. please give me some tips or sumthin.

also, does the dvd trick work well?

11. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

hotswap when the word "microsoft" appears under the green `x`

you ned to re-install it all and softmod again

which dvd trick ??

12. mhack

mhack Guest

kre3w

pull the ide outta the xbox hd when the flubber things goes and the micro$oft logo comes up under the big x then u should be ok

13. kr3wsk8

kr3wsk8 Guest

yeah, well, my xbox doesnt show the ms white logo, it boots up, shows the big x, then goes strait to error 16, and the dvd trick where you unplug the dvd drive from the ide, so its just motherboard strait to hd, i heard its supposed to give you error 12 wich is easier to hotswap on, i just wanna know if it makes the white ms logo appear, or gives u a longer range of time to pull the ide out, or what?

14. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

...firstly ...xboxhdm doesn`t unlock the drive .....the xbox does ....once it`s unlocked (when the word "microsoft" appears ) you can swap it to the pc and IF YOUR PC WILL DO IT.. it`ll work in xboxhdm you can the just get on with it .....try a diff pc.

the good thing about backing up the eep is you can change the hdd without having to read the chip again....to do a completely fresh install on a never before used drive

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  15. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

pull it JUST BEFORE it goes to the error ....i don`t really know cos i get the microsoft sign ...soz

16. kr3wsk8

kr3wsk8 Guest

well thnx im gunna go try again.

17. mhack

mhack Guest

@ kr3w

i didnt get the ms on my first box but if u pull the cable just after the flubber it worked for me after the flubber wait about 1 sec then pull!

i know that floy thats wat i saying it dont matter wat way i try to unlock the box with or without the box it stays locked!!

18. jman31

jman31 Member

I need some advice also. I have followed the tut as closely as possible. I attached my drive to the ide that was not connected to the pc hard drive, and I feel like I have done everything according to the instructions, but I cannot get my computer to unpause w/ the xbox hard drive attached. It will immediately start up when I pull the ide out of the xbox drive.

Thanks
    Jman

19. mhack

mhack Guest

i meant unlock hd with box it still stays locked lol

20. mhack

mhack Guest

jman

do the hotswap with windows already loaded i find it works better