1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. kr3wsk8

kr3wsk8 Guest

k i tried again, i think it unlocked cuz it made a noise, it waz like
    " beeewweeeeiii " like it was speeding up or sumthin, but my pc doesnt detect it, but it did the first time i tried to hotswap last nite, cud it be cuz i left the cd drive unplugged 4 so long, that it thinks there will be nothing there and that there isnt?

2. jman31

jman31 Member

Thanks mhack for the quick response, Do I go directly to the 360xplorer at that point?

3. mhack

mhack Guest

no goto find new hardware wizard first then 360. thats how i got it

4. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

mmmmm...well i`m pretty new to this so i might be wrong ....make up the eep and try it ....but i`m sure if you can`t unlock the drive with the xbox the eep isn`t going to do it either .did you try a second pc as yet ? worth a bash init ...(hope i`m not making it more frustrating ,....just trying to help ..lol)

5. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

keep trying till the pc sees it ..

dave

6. mhack

mhack Guest

yeah mate i tried it. i think what i done is i turned of the xbox without the drive connected or sutin and since it dont matter wat i do i cant get in!!! ill try the eep and let u know. my mate gona put it together tmoz for me am not too gd an that side of things!!!!

7. kr3wsk8

kr3wsk8 Guest

what about going and opening "install new hardware", so it can look for it?

8. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

oh yeah you need to reconnect it back to the xbox before switching it off but thats pretty much un-repairable without flashing the hdd .thats easy enough ....just get a flash prog ...get the latest firmware for your hdd ....make a floppy and flash it ...it`ll then be unlocked and you will be able to lock it with the eeprom.bin file you create with your eep reader

9. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

you can try that . if it sees it there with a "scan for new devices" it SHOULD BE unlocked

dave

10. mhack

mhack Guest

sweet!
    happy modding guys am leaving you for tonight have fun all!!!

kr3w defo try find hardware sometimes even win XP needs a kick up the arse lol

enjoy

11. jakks

jakks Regular member

Every file,Wont that take ages ?

12. kr3wsk8

kr3wsk8 Guest

so what ur sayin i shud do is, fusk up my hd by turning it off w/o putting the ide bak in and flash it using some flash program, can u explain how to get this flash program, and how to do it?

13. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

tata mhack !

14. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

sorry mate that was aimed at mhack......forgot the quote button ....soz

you just need to keep trying i think .pull it at the flubber mhack said count 1 sec and pull it

dave

15. jman31

jman31 Member

Hate to interrupt, but when I tried to hotswap w/ windows already booted it froze the computer same as it did when I did it on boot up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jman

16. pink_floy

pink_floy Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  17. mhack

mhack Guest

jman

is ur xbox hd set to master? or master/cable select?

and make sure the xbox hd is the ONLY thing connected to your secondary ide cable.

so in theory you should have one ide connected to your pc's hd and on the other the xbox (after you unlock it as we told you)

18. jman31

jman31 Member

I've got it set up like that. The only thing I'm not sure of if is if the x box drive is set to master or not I'll give that a check. OK checked it. It's set to "Enable Cable Connect". I'm not sure what that means exactly. Should I move the tab to make it a slave?

Jman

19. mhack

mhack Guest

no dont make the drive a slave, cable select should be ok, but just try moving the jumper to master and c if that works?!
    i had similar problems when i tried it first thats why i used the method with the pc already booted, set my xbox drive to master and everything was ok!
    if not and your comp keeps freezing or re-booting am not quite sure why it would be, possibly something in your bios? i dnt really know just try above. if not ask someone here they should know

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jman31
    your computer keeps freezing becasue the way you connect xbox's hdd to PC. Tell me what devices are connected to primary and secondary ide cable.

Xbox's hdd sets to Cable Select or Master. NO SLAVE.

In the PC bios, ENABLE both primary and secondary ide ports.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007