1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mhack

mhack Guest

right am gona rar it now and hopefully itll work ok for everyone. All ive done is took my C&E folders of my modded HD. Added dvd2xbox, media center and ntsc changer (auto), nes and snes roms (these are all in the games on the evox dash). Hope it works ok.
    ive put it as mhackxbox on megaupload

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@mhack
    After you upload it, can you give me the link? I will put it on the first page with your credit.

@cateater
    do you have the linux file for Mechassault/Agent Under Fire? list files and folders. what folders are in the SID4.0?

I try to figure where to put them in the TDATA and UDATA.

3. cateater

cateater Member

@TheReturn

Ok, I usually use Mechassault when softmodding. Here are the folders and files in the SID 4.0 Mechassault Loader: (Bold are folders

UDATA -> 4d530017 -> 62D648EBF155, saveimage.xbx, titleimage.xbx, titlemeta.xbx -> (inside folder 62D648EBF155) default.xbe, masave.sav, savemeta.xbx.

I also copy another folder to my memory card when I softmod SID4.NK.Launcher, here are the contents of that folder:

UDATA -> 21585554 -> 000000000000, TitleImage.xbx, TitleMeta.xbx... Then inside the 000000000000 folder, there are other folders (skin, patch, skins, C) and files.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

good
    ok, put 4d530017 folder and 21585554 folder in UDATA. So you have this:

-UDATA ->
    - 4d530017 -> 62D648EBF155, saveimage.xbx, titleimage.xbx, titlemeta.xbx -> (inside folder 62D648EBF155) default.xbe, masave.sav, savemeta.xbx.
    - 21585554 -> 000000000000, TitleImage.xbx, TitleMeta.xbx... Then inside the 000000000000 folder, there are other folders (skin, patch, skins, C) and files.

Do hotswap again. copy this UDATA to partition 4. You can do Restore HDD also. But as long as xbox load games.

Turn xbox on with Mechassault/Agent Under Fire game inside dvd drive. Load linux file and install softmod.

5. mhack

mhack Guest

right guys hope this is of some help (i think i done it right lol)

heres the link for my softmod files (done with splinter cell and sid 4)
    ive included some apps to enjoy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJ4VDYOK

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Good job!!!!!!

7. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

ok im desperate for help i have a crystal xbox which was softmodded i was adding applications to and when i rebooted i got error 13 i then stupidly left the box unpluged and got error 16 DOH! im am trying to use this xboxhdm i fully understand it and im confident in doing it the only problem i have is the ide connector on my pc hdd dosn't fit my stock xbox hdd can i use the ide cable in the xbox to go from my pc motherboard to my xbox hdd?

8. mhack

mhack Guest

@daz

yeah mate there shouldnt be any reason for it not to fit just make sure the xbox hd is connected the the end connection on the cable not the middle part

9. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

will try it again but the connector are different the xbox ide cable connector has all the holes the main pc hdd cable that i take directly of my pc hdd dosnt have 2 holes in the middle of the connector im deffo taking the top connector i have the middle connector connected to a second hdd im using a dell system so wondering if this is why

10. mhack

mhack Guest

i get u now i have an old pc dell with that problem the middle of the block is filled in! i had to use an old ide cable i had lying about and just swap the pcs cable with it.
    DONT TRY TO FORCE the pins LOL

11. jman31

jman31 Member

Hey, I'm back again

I figured out the hotswapping issue I was having (thanks for all the help), but I,ve got a new issue. I tried to use the xboxhdm to format a new hard drive, and I got error 13. So I am formatting it on my computer to see if its any good. How long should it take to reformat a 160 gig hd? I left it overnight and it still only said 1%. Is that normal?

Thanks
    Jman

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@dazjaykay
    First you do not disconnect ide cable from PC hdd. Leave this ide cable alone.

Look for the other ide cable. This ide cable will connect to xbox hdd. So remove all devices on this ide cable. Also look to see if it has all the holes. If NO, you need to replace it with any spare ide cable that has all the holes. Then do hotswap.

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@jman31
    It is not normal. It take like 5 min to format that hdd. So look like your hdd is locked.

14. cateater

cateater Member

@TheReturn

Ok, here is my situation so far. I placed the SID 4.0 folders in the UDATA folder of the HD, but unfortunately I cannot even get games to load on the xbox, therefore I cannot install UnleashX. I am still at the same spot. When I open Xplorer360 (when it will work), I see all of the correct Partition 3 and Partition 4 folders that should be there for the HD to work in the xbox... I cannot get the eeprom from the HD because there is no softmod, so I cannot use xboxHDM to format a new HD. Could it be a problem with something besides the HD?! Maybe I am wasting my time trying to fix the HD...?

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

damn... weird
    Maybe you are 1 out of 10 who is bad luck. So give it that last try. Download mhackxbox.rar 425MB from the first page. unrar it you will have C and E folders. Do hotswap again and copy C files to partition3, copy E files to partition4.

Try to load game also. Let me know.

16. cateater

cateater Member

Gaahhh... No luck. Nothing seems to work. I dont know how he screwed up this xbox, but he must have done some serious damage to it.

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

fusk

Can you tell me what are on ROOT of partition 3 and 4 now?

do you have modchip? can you borrow modchip?

I just need you to install modchip into this broken xbox for temporary. After I fix it, you will return the modchip. You also need the autoinstaller disk.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007
  18. cateater

cateater Member

Partition 3 - Xbox Book.xtf, Xbox.xtf, xboxdash.xbe, FONTS, AUDIO, XODASH, XBOXDASHDATA.185ead00

Partition 4 - CACHE, UDATA, TDATA

And unfortunately I do not know anyone who owns a modchip, all the modders I know softmod. If this xbox is hopeless, than its OK, because I got it for free anyways... I just hate to see a good machine die.

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I thought you downloaded mhackxbox.rar. So did you do hotswap with mhack softmod file?

If not, DO it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007
  20. cateater

cateater Member

Yes, I did. I tried it and that didnt work, so I swapped back with my good C and E drive files from my good xbox. I can swap back if you want me to.