1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well if you already did, then you xbox is broke.
    I dont know why. Now modchip is the last solution.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I still dont really know what is the realy problem. your xbox should work with these hotswaps.

If you can find out what happen to xbox at the first time, that will be the key to fix it. Otherwise, you need modchip.

3. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

First you do not disconnect ide cable from PC hdd. Leave this ide cable alone

so i just use the second connector on the same pc hdd ide cable but then wouldnt the xbox hdd be the slave instead of the master? then i just boot from the cdrom yes?

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

what the hell?
    do you know what is the primary and secondary ide cables?
    There are 2 ide cables on PC. PC's hdd are connected to 1 ide cable. So DO NOT TOUCH IT.

The other ide cable is for xbox's hdd.

5. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

sorry to make you mad lol i do have to ide cables one goes to my pc hdd that one has 2 connectors on and the second one has 2 connectors that goes to my cd-rom and my dvd rom

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yep, remove your CD and DVD drives. xbox's hdd will connect to this cable at the end connector.

7. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

ok thank you mate for your help one last thing if remove the dvd/cd cables how will i get the xboxhdm disc to boot?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

try to explorer 360 first before using xboxhdm

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

for the xboxhdm, the connection is different with hotswap using xplorer360.

Ohhhh...
    I understood you now. So you try to do hotswap with xboxhdm at the beginning. But I suggest do hotswap with xplorer360 first. Because this way you will know the xbox's hdd get unlock or not.

When you can do hotswap with explorer360, then you can try to do hotswap with xboxhdm

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

so let clear your head out.

Hotswap with xplorer360:
    - xbox's hdd will connect to secondary ide cable where the CD/DVD drives are.

Hotswap with xboxhdm1.9:
    - xbox's hdd will connect to primary ide cable where PC'hdds connected.

11. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

your a dude thanks sorry to confuse you i just need to replace my abox dash i was getting error 13 then i stupidly left my xbox unplugged and now im getting error 16 so will explorer 360 clear these errors?

12. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

just to clear up my last post my box was softmodded i was adding a few extra applications and when i rebooted bam error 13 but the box was still booting originals but not backups i left it unplugged and now im getting error 16 aqnd its not booting any games

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hotswap with xplorer360 is much easier. So to fix error 16, you will need mhackxbox.rar 425MB on the first page. Unrar it you will have C and E folder.

so do hotswap and open xplorer360. copy C files to partition3 and copy E files to partition4.

14. jman31

jman31 Member

Hey TheReturn it's really cool of you to help like you do.

I have a couple more questions if you don't mind answering them. first, when I ftp my eeprom to my computer it says its only a 1kb file. It says its 256k before I ftp it. Is this because it is just the code or am I doing something wrong? Second, I changed the file "isolinux.boot" to "boot.cat when I was doing the hard drive change w/ xboxhdm, but the tutorial said to change the "linux.boot" file. My xboxhdm 1.9 didn't have that particular file so I went with the closest I could find. Is that right or not?

Thanks

Jman

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the eeprom.bin is 256k. On PC right click on eeprom.bin and choose properties. What is the actual size? it should be 256k. If not, this eeprom is NOT good.

What wrong with your xbox? are you trying to upgrade hdd? Tell me what you are trying to do

16. jman31

jman31 Member

Yes I am attempting to put a 160 gig Western Digital in a soft modded box. So I copied the backed up eeprom from the box to along with the C: and E: files to the xboxhdm boot disc.

17. jman31

jman31 Member

Also, yes I checked the eeprom properties and it says 256k. Thanks that answers that question.

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

so what files and folders do you have for xboxhdm bootdisk?

19. jman31

jman31 Member

Linux/C contains folders "backup,fonts,SID,Skin,Trainers"
    files "evox.ini,evoxdash.xbe,xboxdash.xbe"

Linux/E contains folders "Apps,Backup,CACHE,Music,UDATA,Games,TDATA

Linux/eeprom contains "eeprom.bin"

Linux/isolinux contains "boot.cat,fatxImage,FREEBOOT.IMG,initrd.gz,isolinux.bin,isolinux.cfg,lockimage,memdisk,message.txt

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007