1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jman31

jman31 Member

Thanks,

I'm sorry to keep asking this, but I changed the isolinux.boot (not the linux.boot)file to boot.cat like the tut said before I made the Iso, That's correct? Just making sure before I get myself into something I can't get out of.

Jman

2. cateater

cateater Member

Oh well. Thanks for all your help TheReturn! If I ever need any advice or help with an xbox, I know who to talk to now. Thanks man!

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@cateater
    I try hard to help you to fix that xbox but it turns out "wasting time". You did a good job on hotswap anyway. That the key to fix hdd.

If I can think of something else I will let you know.

@jman31
    I'm not sure why that said to rename it. But it is not going to hurt anything. If you do not make a boot disk correctly, PC won't load it.

you just lost a disk. that is all

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t244043.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007
  4. jman31

jman31 Member

Thanks again The Return, for all the help. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be back if everything doesn't go to plan!

5. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

hey return sorry to bother you again i have 1 very last question i dont have a microsoft logo come up when i boot the box its just goes through the flubber logo then to the xbox logo then error 16 but when i have a game disc in i get the microsoft logo come up for a split second before error 16 not enough time to switch the ide cable is the box totally dead?

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

NO.

First try:
    -turn on xbox and time it to see when it goes to error 16. Also watch the LED. It should not flash red/green before xbox goes error 16.
    -Do hotswap and dis connect ide cable from xbox hdd JUST 3 secs before xbox goes to error 16. After disconnect ide cable, don't worry about what are on TV.

Second try:
    -turn on xbox with a game inside dvd drive and time to see when it goes to error 16.
    -do hotswap with the game inside DVD drive.
    -Disconnect ide cable JUST 3 secs before xbox goes to error 16. After disconnect ide cable, don't worry about what are on TV.

7. jman31

jman31 Member

TheReturn, you rock! thanks for all the help. I'm downloading my first backup to my new HD right now. Seems to be working great!

Thanks again

Jman

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Alright.
    It should be ok.

9. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

ok return i couldnt get it to work with explorer 360 so i have used xboxhdm i rebuilt the c-drive but still getting error 13 i dont have a back up of my eeprom can i use build a hd from scratch with the exsisting xbox hdd and everything be fine and dandy?

10. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

ok answered my own stupid question there not going to do that what i need to know is there any way of rebuilding the e partition with xboxhdm?

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

tell me what how you did hotswap with explorer360?

You dont have eeprom, you can not build a new hdd for xbox. You need to get xplorer360 to work.

The partitions are fine on the retail hdd. No need to do anything.

12. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

i used the c/e files contained in the xbox tools and copied them to the xbox hd with xbrowsernthe errors have gone now but now when it boots to the microsoft logo it hangs and then the xbox resets

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

C and E files from xbox tool?? which xbox tool is that? is it mhackxbox.rar?

I think you copy a wrong files into xbox's hdd

14. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

yes mkhack xbox c/e which files did i need to copy just the latest ms dash? and leave the e folder empty?

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you copy everthing from c folder to partition3 and e folder to partition4.

DOn't just copy the ms dash.

16. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

i will try explorer 360 again now its hanging on the microsoft logo because xbrowser in xboxhdm dosnt show you the partitions just C and E folders so just to confirm C and latest dash folder to 3 and E folder to 4

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

wait a minute. so how do you copy data to hdd? tell me what files and folders of C and E on the boot disk.

another word, what are on C and E drive now

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007
  18. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

i copied the files to the hd using xbrowser inside xboxhdm copied them from my disc to the xbox hdd i found it easier to unlock the xbox hdd by disconnecting the xbox dvd drive ide cable and the power cable and letting the xbox boot into error 12 the files i copied to C where audio/backup/fonts/xboxdashdata/xodash/xboxbook.xtf/xbox.xtf/xboxdashxbe

and to E i copied apps/cache/dashboard/screenshots/shadowz/skins/tdata/udata

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the problem is that you did not copy the whole C and E files of mhack to C and E drive.

mhackxbox.rar is the softmod file.

now go back and copy again

20. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

hmmmmmm just looked again and once again you are right the file im missing is 185ead00 you are the man return