1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well try to copy again. You will get there.
    Hopefully, you get your xbox running again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007
  2. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

just realised the biggest mistake i made was that i copied the wrong c/e folders i copied the ones from xboxtools.rar instead of mhack.rar i will copy the right ones now and hopefully you wont have me pestering you anymore lol cheer's return

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

That is what I said ealier. I know you copied wrong data.

Good luck

4. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

right im ready to try this again before i do do i need to use the latest ms dash and put into partition 3 or can i just use mhack.rar files on partition 3/4?

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Do worry about ms dash now. mhackxbox.rar has everything. So unrar it you will have c and e folder. Then copy c files to partition3 and e files to partition4

6. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

woooohoooooo my box is back playing backups and originals thanks return for all your help 1 very last question i promise lol i used sid 4 to install a different dash and now if i dont have a disc in i get error 21 can i format my e partition with the sid 4 and reinstall a fresh dashboard to get rid of the error 21?

7. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

EDIT* sorry not my E partition my E folder is it safe to format it with SID4? then install a fresh dashboard to E?

8. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

ok scrap what i said lol its now working fine the only thing is that when i play a disc the light behind the eject button is orange is that normal?

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yep, that is the settings of LED. When dvd drive is busy, LED turns Orange.

CHEERS.........................................

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007
  10. dazjaykay

dazjaykay Guest

thanks again Return for all your help im sooooooo happy my xbox is working again this is a great site great software great members!!!!!

11. xsnyperx

xsnyperx Member

what file do u need for a eeprom backup
    i hav a txt. file that is named hdinfo
    do u need a .bin folder

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

eeprom is a .bin file (256k). If you run configmagic on xbox to back up eeprom, you will have a backup folder on E drive. In the backup folder, there is eeprom.bin 256k.

13. xsnyperx

xsnyperx Member

ok then i dont have that

14. xsnyperx

xsnyperx Member

is there anyway to get an error code to unlock the HD w/o an eeprom
    my xbox's Dash got deleted and when it boots i get the service screen w/ no errors

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Hotswap tut on the first page will unlock the hdd.

you can also put a game inside dvd drive, turn on xbox and do hotswap.

you can also try to use the trick of removing ide cable of the dvd drive. Then turn xbox and do hotswap.

16. preacher3

preacher3 Member

I have an Xbox which is not modified. It stopped loading games. I tried to restore the harddrive with the code I received from microsoft when I had the problem before.
    When I entered the code, the system locked up. There was no movement on the progress bar. I turned the xbox off. Since then everything is super slow. I get to dash board and receive error 21.
    I followed your instruction to do a HotSwap using explorer360 beta4, (because I thought what I did could've caused my harddrive to become corrupted.)When I try to see the HDD in explorer360, there is nothing displayed (no partitions, no files, etc.)
    I've tried many times and got the same results.
    I know it's unlocked because when i put the drive on locked explorer360 give me an error.
    Do you know why I'm not able to see what's in my HDD?
    Any help would be appreciated.

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Try explorer360 higher version like beta9.

turn on xbox and time how long it gets to error 21.

18. preacher3

preacher3 Member

The Xbox will not show error 21 on it's own.
    After the slow load to the dashboard, if you hit the A button to enter setup, or one of the others on the menu, then shows error 21, xbox needs service...., and button flashing green and red.

I did a search for explorer360 beta9, but did not find any. Do you know where to locate?

19. preacher3

preacher3 Member

I was wrong about which version of Explorer360 I tried. It was Beta5 not Beta4.

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Oops!! I'm wrong.
    Xplorer360 Beta5 is the new version. So try to get the older version like Xplorer360 v0.9 Beta3/beta4 and FatX Explorer by opcode. They work slightly different.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=FATX+Explorer+opcode&btnG=Search

during you do hotswap, when you disconnect the ide cable from xbox's hdd?

Also try to disconnect ide cable when you are in MS dash.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007