1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. preacher3

preacher3 Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have time right now to try them, but when I do I'll get back with you. Thanks again.

P.S.
    Do you think because I turned the Xbox off after Initializing the setup of the HDD that I could've damaged the HDD?

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Your hdd is crashing now. That is why it takes a long time to boot to dashboard. Right now you really need to backup eeprom. In order to backup it up, you have to softmod it.

3. preacher3

preacher3 Member

TheReturn,
    I've been trying to get three explorer360 programs to read my drive. Beta4,(after some errors) is showing Partitions 0,1 and 3. I know there should be more. All three partitions has data. Partition 3 does have the correct data files and folders in it.
    I'm trying to do a backup of partition 3. It's been about Fifteen minutes and I have three bars on the backup progress screen. It seems to be running slower than what I would expect.
    Any input?

4. preacher3

preacher3 Member

It's been a long time and the backup has only progressed about 3/4. The drive seems to be frozen at that spot. Seems like my drive is bad.

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

let try this. download ms dash and mhackxbox.rar on the first page. UNrar them.

-do hotswap and use xplorer beta4 to read the xbox's hdd. After you see few partitions as you said above, close xplorer beta4. LEAVE PC AND XBOX ON.

-Uninstall xplorer beta4 and install xplorer beta5. open xplorer beta5 to read the xbox's hdd. try to backup datat again to see how fast it transfer. If it can't read hdd, uninstall it and install xplorer beta3.

-to do this you will find the best one to transfer data.
    -once you get the good xplorer360. You should see all partition 0-4. backup partition 3&4.
    -transfer everything inside partition3 folder of mhackxbox to partition3 and transfer everything inside partition4 folder of mhackxbox to partition4. THIS IS SOFTMOD FILES.
    -IF you dont want softmod files, do restore hdd to factory condition on the first page.

6. urdead77

urdead77 Guest

Hello I tryed to softmod my xbox.But something went wrong.Now I get the error 21.But my xbox will still play orginal games but no dashboard.Can I still unlock the HD with the hotswap method? and is there a program to unlock on windows?I cant ftp to it so I'm not sure what to do

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you read the tut on the first page? it tells you what to do.

do you know about pc?

8. quagus

quagus Member

Hey,
    I have a question... has anyone here ever came across an xbox that makes the television screen roll? I figured it might just be the cables or a loose wire going into the tv itself.. but then I hook a second xbox up to the same hook-ups and everything is just fine. Then I hood mine back up... and it continues to roll. Anyone have a clue as to whats wrong with it? Any advice would be nice

Later

9. Marvel76

Marvel76 Member

OK I've read alot of different methods for repairing various error codes, I guess every case is different. That being said, I have a softmodded xbox that is coming up with error code 16. The drive has been unlocked using HDD Unlock, so as far as I can tell it is not locked. When I modded my xbox a little while back using the Splinter Cell exploit and AID 2.1, I made a backup to the hd, so my question is what is the easiest way to fix this error and what tools should I be using xboxhdm, xplorer360, configmagic?....

Thanks

10. riot88

riot88 Member

CAN SOM1 PLEASEE HELP ME i did everything it says and my xbox is messed with error 7 i put my 2nd IDE cable into the xbox hard drive after i paused the screen and also unplugged xbox at microsoft part then plugged in and started up again it didnt detect so i switched cords back and shit off now it says error 7 can som1 help me out plzz i tightend the cable and still no go???? even tried my buddy's hard drive from his xbox said error 6 but that cause its from a diff motherboard i think anyways som1 plzz help i jus did this yesterday

11. preacher3

preacher3 Member

I don't have time to work on my problem with my xbox right now, but when I get back to it, I hope your suggestions will work.

Thanks.

12. riot88

riot88 Member

can som1 please help me out i really dont wana pay 100 to get it fixed thats how much the guy said itd be. he also said 80 for the chip if i wanted so thats 180$.. alot of money that i dont have helpp pleaseeeee

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Marvel76
    do hotswap with xplorer360.

@riot88
    if you have error 7, hotswap will NOT work.

14. riot88

riot88 Member

no i mean i got error 7 from doing the hot swap

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

tell me how you did the hotswap. what is wrong with the xbox?

after disconnect ide cable from xbox's hdd, dont worry what is on tv any more.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  16. riot88

riot88 Member

this is how i did it, first turned the computer on and paused it (took the cd's IDE cable out for the xbox), then turned the xbox on and unplugged when i seen microsoft, then i plugged the computer one in and resumed pc start up, then i used the xplorer360 and it didnt detect it on my xbox at the time it was showing a different error thing then just unplugged the ide cable from the xbox to the computer and plugged the xbox one back in and shut it off then wanted to make sure it still worked so i turned it on and got an error 7 i made sure the cords were in tight but i dono whats wrong now?

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

this is your problem. You should disconnect ide cable from CD drive on PC when PC is OFF.

when You turned on PC, pc recognized the CDrom drive. Then you disconnected the IDE cable from CDrom and connected xbox's hdd there. So PC treated the xbox's hdd as CD drive. This is how you get error 7.

18. riot88

riot88 Member

no i took the ide cable out before i turned it on

19. riot88

riot88 Member

how can i fix the error 7 tho do u no?

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007