1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. riot88

riot88 Member

u think i pinched it or somthing? dam..in order to try another IDE cable i have to go buy the tools to be able to take the hdd and cd case out its about 6$, plus i dont wana take a chance of messing it more up by taking it all apart :S

2. riot88

riot88 Member

if its the IDE cable then how come when i tried a different hdd on the xbox it changed to error 6? (the other hard drive was from a different xbox so it wouldnt work, but im just stating it changed error's)

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

when you try the other hdd, xbox give you the error 6. because xbox detected the hdd UNLOCKed first before it detected bad cable.

4. riot88

riot88 Member

ok so how do i plug my computer ide cable in the xbox to try it, do i put the part that says master in the motherboard and the part that says motherboard in the hard drive on the xbox, cause it wont fit the other way??

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok. IDE cables are standard. YOu can use any ide cable for xbox.
    On the IDE cable, there is red line on the side to mark that is a pin #1.

Get the ide cable off from PC. Connect it to xbox. MAKE SURE YOU CONNECT PIN #1 ON IDE CABLE TO PIN #1 CONNECTOR ON HDD, DVD AND MOTHERBOARD.

turn on xbox again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  6. riot88

riot88 Member

ok im guna go get the torx driver i need later and reply back if it works or not

7. riot88

riot88 Member

before i do tho what if it dont work, then itd probley be the hard drive right?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

It can be hdd. But 90% is the IDE cable. Also check the power cable too.

9. Marvel76

Marvel76 Member

Thanks for the reply, Now my next question for you is...should I be restoring the backup I made and if so which files am I looking for and do I simply copy them back to the C: folder? Or...would it be easier just to copy Shademands softmod files (C: and E:) to the hdd? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right and not mess things up even worse.

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the best thing is to copy mhackxbox softmod file. Because I know it is complete. mhackxbox.rar is similar to Shademand softmod file.

download mhackxbox.rar on the first page.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007
  11. saifxnyc

saifxnyc Guest

hi the return i got a simple but long problem i did what u said watched a few vids of that too but 360 explorer is being a bitch..... i disconnect my hd when i see the white Microsoft logo under the big X then i pause the boot up it recognizes my hd and booots so it's in device manager but 360 xplorer cant get it i've tried this about 10 times and I've finally turned to you for help am i doing some thing wrong because hd is definitely connected to pc the explorer doesn't read it is there a better program to write to hd? plz help i wil check back here often now but my email address is gtasaif@hotmail.com just in case thank you any help would be appreciated

ps th error 21 im having is because of recent xbox soft mod try which went well but i took it off it was boring and then xbox just randomly gave me error 21

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok. which windows do you have?
    which version of xplorer360 do you have?
    what is your connections? are you sure that you connect xbox's to PC at the right IDE cable?
    After you connect xbox's hdd to pc, does PC boot up normally and work normally?

If you think you do everything right, try to uninstall this explorer360 and install other version of xplorer360.

Xplorer360 Beta5 is the new version. the older version like Xplorer360v0.9 Beta3, beta4 and FatX Explorer by opcode. They work slightly different.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=FATX+Explorer+opcode&btnG=Search

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  13. saifxnyc

saifxnyc Guest

wow didn't expect such a fast response here my setup buddy the xbox hdd is primary master sure of that its connected on a different ide the cd roms one but cd rom is disconnected and pc hd is sparate on a different ide so far so good rite....hd sometimes stay locked lol so the red password thing comes up so forget that but when it's unlock it boots and device manager seees it pc take like 30 sec or so to recognize xbox hd then after that it boots i didn't have beta 5 i had like .9b or sumtin i will try that one more thing.....xbox turn off on it's own after a while is that normal? i don't want it turning off during file transfer

Windows XP Professional Fully Updated

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yep, the PC's hdd is on sparate different ide calbe with xbox's hdd. Make sure the ide cable is connected to xbox's hdd ONLY. NO CD/DVD drive.

What do you mean by unlock? did you run xplorer360 to read hdd? did you see 5 partittions?

NO this is not NORMAL. It should stay on no matter what.

15. saifxnyc

saifxnyc Guest

xbox hd is completely separate ide cable only hdd is connecrted in the beginnning when it detecs hddd some times it doesn't boot it because it says it's locked nope i havent seen it in explorer but im going to download the latest version rite now and see if i can and will check on xbox if it turn off on its own again because if it does im in big trouble....

16. saifxnyc

saifxnyc Guest

the return may god bless you i have recovered the xbox i took the c drive back up from my xbox and recovered it explorer beta 5 read the hdd but something scared me xbox turn off on it's own when i took out pc ide and it was off when i put in xbox ide still worked thank god once again thx alot ppl like u make a difference ::) i gota spare 160 GB got any links on how to installl a bigger hd on xbox

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok do hotswap again, PC should load normally, try to read the xbox's hdd

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

what is going on? do you have eeprom on PC?

19. saifxnyc

saifxnyc Guest

welll pc working fine i didn't restart it but xbox is wokring fine too i install ndure soft mod and i have a back up of epprom and c drive and i am about to installl xbmc on it for a better experice :) so can i make that 160 gig work on this easy? btw xbox got unleash x v.37 something on it atm it's workin fine

20. saifxnyc

saifxnyc Guest

got aim msn yahooo either one wouild be better tehn just keep postin homie