1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Alright

Cheers

2. riot88

riot88 Member

Hey return, my buddy got me some torx drivers so im guna try my computers IDE cable in the xbox REALLY HOPE this will work ill reply later on today weather it works

3. riot88

riot88 Member

ok i took it apart and switched the ide cables but i still get error 7 :( ???

4. riot88

riot88 Member

so is there anything else i can do to get my xbox workin?

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm...
    If you are 100% sure that cables are good, I dont really know what was going on with the xbox' hdd.

disconnect IDE cable from the DVD drive then turn on xbox. You should see error 12 or 11 or 10. If you do, leave xbox like that and do hotswap again.

Disconnect ide cable from xbox hdd just before error code shown up. open xplorer360 try to read hdd.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007
  6. riot88

riot88 Member

ok i disconnected the cable from the back of the xbox and turned it on but im still gettin error 7 :S

7. riot88

riot88 Member

sorry i mean i disconnected the cable from the cd drive in the xbox and im still gettin error 7 ***** :S ?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

what the hell.
    your hdd maybe fried.

Can you borrow a modchip?

9. riot88

riot88 Member

no :S, i no a guy who installs em, i talked to him he said he can get me a new hdd thats 10g and put a chip in but he wants to much.. 100 to fix (including hdd) and 80 for chip

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

damn..
    he try to rip you off.

YOu can check on craigslist.com, there are some modders who charge $50 for modchip. You just need to bring your own hdd.

well i'll find another way to fix your xbox.

11. riot88

riot88 Member

is there no way i can fix it without a chip? IF not were can i get 1 online that would ship it to canada, how would i put it in and how would i get the new hdd workin on it?

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well there are a lot of chips out there. Some of them do not need solder like X3ce, Xenium, SmartXX, etc... but they are little price.

Any modchip will work. For installation and flash bios, you have to goto their sites. Before ordering modchip, you make sure to read everything about installation and flash bios. You also need to download autotinstaller disk like AID, Slayer, etc.. and to know how to burn ISO. These are major work.

13. riot88

riot88 Member

can u recommend any sites?, what program is the best to use (AID, Slayer, etc)...also were do i get it FlashFXP?.. PowerISO will burn iso right lol? why do i gota burn somthin hows the xbox guna read it wile it has error 7?, so what i gota jus put the Slayer or AID or w/e program on a disk and put it in the xbox after installin the chip and puttin a different HDD in it?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok this how the modchip work.

-install modchip correctly
    -flash bios successfully

after you done that, xbox will load autotinstaller disk. Does not matter if your hdd is fried or not. Or it is a new hdd.

On the autoinstaller disk menu, there are options like format, install dashboard, install apps, etc...

Here is the link for X3ce modchip
    http://www.team-xecuter.com/

You can also click on my name then read search in my link. there are tut for Xenium modchip and autoinstaller (AID) disk download.

15. riot88

riot88 Member

what u mean flash bios successfully sry i guess im kinda noobish, and it says for no solder xbox modchips i must order a solderless adapter.. also am i using FlashFxp to get the the program do i get the file that just says auto installer or do i look for AID, Slayer, etc.

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

if you goto xecuter site, you will see the list on the right side:

X3/X2.6 v1.0-v1.5 Install
    X3/X2.6 v1.6 Install
    X3 Noob Guide
    X3LCD Install Guide
    X2.3 Lite Installation
    X2.3 Lite+ Installation
    X2.3 Pro Installation
    Install X2.3B to v1.6
    FlashBIOS Tutorials
    How to make Xbox Discs
    Xapter Installation
    X2 Programmer & X2BM v2.x
    How To Solder
    How To Use WinRAR

Those link to help you understand more.

17. riot88

riot88 Member

ok i clicked on the solderless 1 http://www.modchip.ca/store/home.php?cat=280
    i like the top 1 in that link, but when i clicked X3/X2.6 v1.6 install it talks about soldering it? i dont want to solder ...Also do i have to buy the adapter to :S

and i still dont no should i get the program that says auto installer deleux v3.0 from flashFXP or slayers_evox_Auto-installer_v2.6 Final Also from flashFXP i saved both files on my computer what 1 do i use tho

18. riot88

riot88 Member

ok i read more and i c i do have to get the adapter can i get the spider16 adapter1.6 no solder xbox?.. i don c how to install it without using solder tho?? and i dont have to take the motherboard in the xbox out do i if im not soldering it.. i really appreciate ur help :)

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

flashFXP is the software for PC. It is nice to have it.

Autoinstaller disk is the ISO, so you have to burn it to CD/DVD-R.

for solderless modchip, you dont have to take off the motherboard.

go here to check out
    http://www.divineo.cn/cgi-bin/div-cn/cat_xbox.html
    or mod-chip.com

20. riot88

riot88 Member

I can't find a program called autoinstaller disk in flashFXP or SmartFTP
    were would it be under?, and also on that site u put i dont c were it says to put a chip in without salder