1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Kavika

Kavika Member

Thank you very much for the advice.. I will do this tonight! I already have a HDD I can use.

One question about your instructions:
    You said, "Then ftp everying inside C folder on PC to C drive. FTP everything inside E folder on PC to E drive."
    What files am copying from the PC? When you said "FTP eeprom to PC. Then delete everything in C, E, F, X, Y, Z."
    Did you mean that I should copy everything to the PC first, before deleting it from the Xbox? Sorry, I think I missed that part.

Thanks again!

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you download the Softmod files "Shademand's Ready Made Xbox SoftMod" 325MB from bittorrent? Extract it you will have C and E folder.

Delete everything in Xbox hdd, the ftp C and E to xbox as I said above.

3. rxn155

rxn155 Member

HI! ok, i have a problem and havent seemed to be able to find any answers, i softmodded my xbox and it works fine... untill i wanted to change the hard drive... i was going to use xboxhdm but when it was time to find my eeprom.bin in my backup ms directory... IT WAS GONE!!! wtf... i dont know what happend to it... i have all other files and definately did a backup. I dont know where to go or what to look for... i did however find a file called system_eeprom.bin in the xboxmediacenter directory... can i use that or can i use the hotswap technique to get my eeprom back??? PLEASE HELP!! has anybody ever heard of this missing eeprom file

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@rxn155
    What happen to original hdd? Is it still working? if so, just install the config magic to backup eeprom. Then use it for xboxhdm to lock the big hdd.

If the original hdd does not work, what is the error code?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2006
  5. Kavika

Kavika Member

OKay.. finally some success here! After putting my modchip and a newly formatted hdd in my bad xbox, i was able to boot up and use configmagic to grab my eeprom.bin from the motherboard and save it and then ftp it to my pc. 8-} Unfortunately, the Western Digital HDD i was using turns out to be "Not Lockable", so as soon as I get a hdd that I can lock, i will pop it in with the new eeprom and copy over the C and E drive files from the Sahemand disc and be done!

Thank you so very much for all of your help! I am very grateful and have learned quite a bit!

cheers!

6. rxn155

rxn155 Member

the original hard drive is still in the xbox... i dont know how to install configmagic... could you give me a once over... do i just install it on my pc or on the xbox hard drive? ... maybe i have to make myself more clear... i am guessing that you need your eeprom.bin to use configmagic right??? if so, then i am still fucked cause thats the file i been looking for. on my stock hard drive, the one that i softmodded.. in the backup\ms\ "nofuckingfile.bin" ... its just not there, what do i do??? i am getting no sleep

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  7. rxn155

rxn155 Member

well i fixed that.. unleashx sucks, evox is better cause that eeprom.bin was nowhere to be found when i used unleashx... but there is a new problem... i formatted hard drive and put it in xbox and is working great, but!!! it claims that its only as big as my previous hard drive???? how do i fix it so it says 60 gigs free space!!!???

PLEASE HELP ME

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@rxn155 - i've closed the other THREE duplicate threads. keep the problem contained here thanks, Forum Rules are in my sig.

9. rxn155

rxn155 Member

sorry, just very anctious to get this baby working like it should, can anybody help or have any ideas???

10. codcodios

codcodios Member

hey return, just wanted you to know that I finally got it working, it took a long time cause I was waiting to get the files from a friend, and well it freakin' works! Thanks for this awesome tutorial!

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@codcodios

CHEERS

@rxn155

goto settings in Evox. Make sure it say use F drive.

12. rxn155

rxn155 Member

it definately does.. but speaking of that, when i was using xboxhd, it said something about the F drive and i said no... should i have said yes, i didnt install an F drive.. should i have?

i followed this tut

http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox2.shtml

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  13. rxn155

rxn155 Member

@RETURN

currently my F drive is calculated to "0.00" so i guess i messed something up cause correct me if im wrong but this should have been where my extra disk space should be?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you have Unleash dash?
    if so, go to format option. FORMAT F DRIVE ONLY.

15. youval

youval Member

Hi Guys you can use Swapmanager to do the pc trick watch here :http://softhelp.cc/ssi/swapinfo1x.html.
    Enjoy Youval

16. Kavika

Kavika Member

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help. All is now well with my new HDD and softmod... i boot straight into evox and have edited the INI so it looks and acts the way I like! :cool:

One small note that may help some people. Make sure you chnge the read-only setting on the files that you are going to copy to C and E drives in your XBox (whatever they may be). It is such a pain to have to do this via FTP once you have them copied over.

Thanks again!

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

18. operkins

operkins Member

hey return i know you daid that you cant hot swap if microsoft isnt visible below the big x but i tried anyway and was able to view what was on the hard drive.....being that i could view what was on the hard drive using Xplorer360beta4 will i be able to fix my xbox....i am not getting an error code just boots to serviec needed screen...thx......

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes you can try to hotswap it. If the xplorer360 can read the xbox's hdd, then you are able to fix your xbox.

Remember to download both ms dash and softmod files on my tut.

20. operkins

operkins Member

thx return....i downloaded ms dash and the files you named further up are there but some are a folder......xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf these files are in the xodash folder.....should they be there.....