Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. skydroz

skydroz Guest

Hey :S

I hotswaped it .... I press on 1. Built a new xbox HD from scratch and it said that Drive is not locked but locking is enable . I press on 6" and it said that Security Suported = yes Security Enable = yes Security locked = no and security frozen = no

So it didnt work :S And I press Wipe current fatx partition and it was suppose to be all formated but i didnt have no choice to reboot my computer after :S But now I can still go to MS dashboard :)

Maybe I do not do hotswap correctly ? It dont work all the time :S They said a lots of way to hotswap on the internet... I Unplug the gray cable from the dvdrom and keep the yellow cable in it . And Just before it goes on error 12 I swap it ..... Or I read that you can launch ms dashboard and wait for the screensaver and then swap it

Which one should I use ?

And why it said drive is not locked but locking is enable ? Maybe I did something wrong :S I hope there is a way to make it work :p

Thank you for your help :D

2. skydroz

skydroz Guest

Ah and can I do it with windows xp ? I can format it and create paritions ? Maybe it will work better ?

Normally , with xboxhdm it work well . I installed a 160 gig on the xbox of my friend . But now i dont have the Eeeprom :S

3. skydroz

skydroz Guest

Ah and do I need to put the jumper of my xbox hard drive to Master with slave present of just cable select ? Because with cable select , my computer often detect it as a Slave hard drive :S So I put it in Master with slave present :|

4. skydroz

skydroz Guest

YEAhhhhhhh IT WORK NOW :D Thank you very much :D:D:D The error that i made is that I was in master with slave present :S I put it in cable select and now i create all the new partition with the c and e and the softmod :D I am very happy hehe :D But the dvd rom dont work so I transfer nes and super nes game on it from xbox to xbox :D Hot SWAPPpp RULESSSS :D:D

Thank you The return :D:D

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

good job!!!!

Cheers

6. observent

observent Guest

ah sorry guys bout my sig its tooo big :p but anyways

I have xbox error 16 with a softmod and i got a chip not installed yet but i was wondering what i need to fix it get back at me =D

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You have 2 choices: hotswap or install modchip.

If you know about PC, do hotswap. If you are good to install modchip, so install modchip. For me, let install modchip.

Which modchip is this? what is your xbox version?

8. observent

observent Guest

Xecuter 2.6 LITE CE Chip
    Solderless XAPT3R V1.6

Stuff will be here on Wednesday i know exactly how to installe it ^.^
    as in only placing it and stuff but from there im clueless :p

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

good. do you have any autoinstaller disk? if not, download one like AID, Slayer or etc... and burn the iso to CD/DVD-r

You also need bios for you V1.6 xbox like X2, Evox M8+, etc... and make the bios disk. I have links for Xecuter from posts above.

10. observent

observent Guest

i gots everythingy except the bios witch the download remaiins 5 seconds ^.^ OH its done hehehe

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you need to make the bios CD and install modchip. then flash bios.

which bios do you have? Just to make sure it is for xbox v1.6

12. observent

observent Guest

I got M8+ :) EvolutionX M8plus Bios from xbins it is the multi_version

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007
  13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

evox m8+ is good.
    So go ahead install modchip and flash bios.

14. observent

observent Guest

k im confused do i just burn M8 to a disc? or do i need other bios's? like i found on xbox scene that u need programs like X2 Bios Manager and xecuter bios and you need to make a dummy file and all

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2007
  15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You just need M8 bios and 300MB dummy file. Then make ISO and burn.

X2 manager is good to use if you have 2 or more bios.

16. observent

observent Guest

ah okay ty =D

17. observent

observent Guest

Im putting in the xapter as we speak and i cant get the last D0 thingy in its to small? any ideas.....?

18. observent

observent Guest

okay nvm i got it :) so xapter works fine now for the chip =D

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

good
    The chip just sit on xadapter.
    Make sure to set switches to Enable and ON. Turn on xbox, all leds on modchip should be green. On TV it will tell you to update bios. then insert the bios disk it will flash and reboot xbox by itself. then insert the autoinstaller disk. xbox will load it also. you will see menu. Let know what are on the menu.

20. ktothec13

ktothec13 Member

I hotswaped my xbox and used files from my friends working softmoded xbox but im getting error 13, what can i do to fix this??? Oh and great tutorial The Return got into the xbox harddrive first time!