1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

2. riot88

riot88 Member

ok so i extract and change the name of the bin file that says x2_5032_v16plus_510k.bin to bios.bin and use qwix to create iso then burn with nero? also how to i add the dummy file into the file? There is also a file that says README1ST so i did it says "THE ONE SIMPLE RULE
    we ask of you is to MAKE SURE YOU USE THE X2CONFIG.INI THAT COMES PACKED WITH EACH NEW RELEASE" so i put the getDIZ file that says x2config.ini on the cd 2? :S

3. ktothec13

ktothec13 Member

TheReturn...YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! haha I just had the files out of order! thank you so much for all you help!!! :)

4. ktothec13

ktothec13 Member

just tried using my friends softmod files, and the worked! thanks again TheReturn!!!

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@ktothec13

CHEERS..........

@riot88

Just get any file that big like 200-300MB from your PC then make ISO. You can burn it with any software.

6. riot88

riot88 Member

it wont let me add the file to qwix? i made the dummy file 300mb i put it on my desktop, i also cant get the x2_5032_v16plus_512k.bin file in qwix eathier...and what u mean i can burn it with anything dont i have to add the dummyfile to the x2_5032_v16plus_512k.bin file first? then put it on cd?, dono how to add tho :s

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm...
    you can download Xiso or some other iso softwares. Then use it to make the bios.bin and dummy file into an ISO. Then use NERO or others to burn ISO

8. riot88

riot88 Member

ok so i convert em and do i put the files that i need (x2_5032_v16plus_512k.bin..wich will be changed to bios.bin) in a folder
    also do i add the 1 file called x2config.ini it says its REAL IMPORTANT??

9. alexeix

alexeix Member

Newb advice please...

I attempted to soft mod my Xbox with the MechAssault exploit, which resulted in various errors, but now I consistently get a '16'.

I've prepped a spare (old) PC to try a hot-swap, but I need some confirmation on something please. Assuming I can hot-swap successfully and read the Xbox drive using the explorer-type software, can I back up the HDD and obtain the Eeprom ID and password?
    My goal is to format a new HDD and load it with the data from the old drive (which is on it's way out). Will I be able to do this without access to another Xbox?
    I know nobody with a modded box, soft or chipped...
    Thanks in advance.

10. Darc

Darc Member

thanks for the guide, it worked perfectly on the first try, the biggest problem i had was closing the console after assembling it, anyway, i just wanted to ask, i used mhackxbox and i noticed while i was moving the files that there was an Nintendo emulator, but i don't know how to access it, the EvolutionX menu loads, but if i go to play games from hard drive all it has is dvd2xbox and enigmah videomode switchdisc, when i go into dvd2xbox the XboxNESemuandROMS.iso shows up in the file manager, but the only thing i can do with it is delete it copy/delete/rename/createdir/process ack/patch from file/ edit xbe title/ view textfile or xbe info, i guess none of those do anything related to actually enabling it.

also, is it normal for my xbox lite to be red now?

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@riot88
    for x2config, you can add up to 4 bios into the bios.bin but the maximunm size is 1MB for bios.bin

The main files to make ISO are bios.bin and a dummy file.

@alexeix
    You can only get whatever in the xbox hdd. If you have already backed up eeprom, then yes you will get it.

Before doing hotswap, download everything on the first page. Then follow instructions you will be ok.

@Darc
    tell me what are on the menu of Evox dashboard. Also go inside those menu to see what you have.

do you know ftp? If not, try to learn

12. Darc

Darc Member

what menu? you mean the options that show up on the EvoX menu when i boot? if that's what you want to know, the options are

Play games from hard drive
    xbox game trainers
    launch emulators
    play game / media from DVD
    launch applications
    microsoft dashboard
    choose a different skin
    system settings
    reboot xbox
    power off xbox

i allready checked both the launch emulatos and launch applications, there is nothing there.

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

now you need to know ftp. So do ftp let me know what are on ROOT of C and E drive.

14. Darc

Darc Member

I don't know FTP, i don't even have a crosover cable

but as for the root of C and E

C:
    Audio
    fonts
    xboxdashdata 185EAD00
    xodash
    XBox Book.xtf
    XBox.xtf
    xboxdash.xbe

E:
    Backup
    CACHE
    games
    TDATA
    UDATA
    evox.ini
    evoxdash.xbe
    screendump.bmp
    sid4-hd.bin

the XboxNEDemuandROMS.iso is in the E:\games\

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok, you dont have emulator.

Games folder is where to store games. You can store emulator there but it is not a common.

16. riot88

riot88 Member

so do i make a foler and throw the files on it then create iso?.. the file i renamed bios.bin, the 300mb dummy file, and the x2config.ini file

17. Darc

Darc Member

oh, i see, so can i just delete the XboxNESeumandROMS.iso? it's 300MB and my HD is the default one, so i don't wanna waste the space.

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Darc
    Well copy it to desktop and open it to see what are in there first before deleting it.

You keep in mind that the E drive is too small < 5GB. So don't put too much stuffs in there. Otherwise hdd will be cracked.

@riot88
    Yes.

19. riot88

riot88 Member

so it should work then i put those 3 files in the folder then created iso then burned on cd? i jus put the cd in when i get and install modchip?.. does it matter what order there in?

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

it should work even though you have more than 10 files in the ISO. The modchip only read bios.bin