1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@alexeix
    i see your problems. YOu can't connect xbox hdd on the same IDE cable with PC's hdd.

so you set PC hdd to Master and the IDE cable for PC's hdd is primary.

Then use the other ide cable for xbox's hdd only. You can set xbox's hdd to Master or CS.

Your PC wont boot because you connect xbox's hdd to IDE cable of PC's hdd.

@amani82
    Your connections is right. But I dont know why the PC hang when you used Pause/Break key. This may be the problem which cause PC can't read the xbox's hdd.

PC should boot normally with your connections above. Something are wrong here. Do you have another PC?

I dont understand what you mean by able to access the HDD from Linux on PC. Do you use xboxhdm?

Can you tell me what happen to xbox? any error code? xbox still load games?

PS: I have origianl PS2 version 4. I want to mod it with spending a little money. Is there any way? Can you tell me those methodes? Thanks

2. alexeix

alexeix Member

So let me get this straight...if I connect my PC HDD to my IDE HDD cable (jumpers set to master) and my Xbox HDD to my DVD drive IDE cable (or do I need a different cable), with jumpers set to master, I should be able to boot up?

Sorry if I'm being an idiot, but I didn't realise I could connect a HDD to my DVD drive cable.

As a separate note, my PC has S-ATA too, so I tried it the other night. I think the Xbox drive showed up in Device Manager, but Explorer360 couldn't read it. Maybe that's something to do with the S-ATA factor...or maybe not.

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Answer to first question is NO.

Ok check your PC motherboard to see if 2 slots of ide ports are available. if yes then remove all DVD drives and follow this:
    - PC hdd is set to Master and connect to Primary IDE cable
    - Xbox's hdd is set to Master OR Calbe Select. Then do hotswap and connect it to Secondary IDE cable.
    -NOTE: xbox's hdd and PC's hdd are on DIFFERENT ide cable. That is why you need 2 slots of IDE ports on motherboard.

if you have only 1 IDE slot, let me know.

4. alexeix

alexeix Member

Okay, thanks for clearing up my confusion.

According to the specs for my Shuttle PC, it takes 2xATA drives, so I'll check the mobo manual to see if there's another slot hidden away, but I doubt there is.

5. alexeix

alexeix Member

SO...having checked the manual for my motherboard (Shuttle FN95), it appears that I have 2x Enhanced IDE connectors.

One of these is currently used by the DVD drive, but according to the manual, both are identical - "two 40-pin dual-channel IDE device connectors...providing support for up to four IDE devices, such as CD-ROM and Hard Disk Drives".

Surely I can disconnect the DVD drive and use that slot for the Xbox HDD?

Cheers.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok You have to know which ide slot is Primary. Then connect PC's hdd to that slot. the other ide stot is Secondary and xbox will connect to it.

7. alexeix

alexeix Member

I can see which is IDE1 and IDE2, so I'll take a shot in the dark that IDE1 is the primary one. ;o)

We'll soon see if it's wrong.

Thanks.

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yep It is a Primary.

9. cottenn

cottenn Guest

hey bro its observant panada i got banned for things i shouldnt say lol...

anyways i got the mod chip flashed and installed all ready to go when i turn the xbox on it boots up saying evoX with the microsoft load up screen with the green flubber and all but it still goes to error 16 any ideas??....

mod chip: xecuter 2.6 CE LITE
    bios: M8 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you burn any autoinstaller disk? if yes, put it in the xbox and reboot. xbox will load it.

If no, try to download AID or Slayer from bit torrent sits. and burn the ISO to CD/DVD-R.

11. cottenn

cottenn Guest

k im downloading slayer as we speak ^.^ i burnt it last time but i sorta looked away and my dog snatched it lmao k anyways ill get back to ya when i get it :)

12. cottenn

cottenn Guest

ok slayers ready to go burnt aswell :) what should i do next? put it in:p

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

14. cottenn

cottenn Guest

ok well i put it in and it does nothing lol i rebooted a couple of times and it doesnt work at all it just continues to go to error 16

15. Darc

Darc Member

is there any way to get some stuff on the harddrive with a cd or something, or do i have to learn FTP and get a crossover cable?

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Darc
    You have to learn ftp.

@cottenn
    hmm look like you have a problem with modchip. Make sure it turn ON and ENABLE. Also check your D0 point

where do you see "EVOX"?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2007
  17. cottenn

cottenn Guest

It had something to do with the bank 1 and bank 2 lol anyways xbox is fired up and ready to go, its back to factory settings... :)

Anyways the mod chip is still flashed to and the evoX logo comes up aswell and from my understanding all i have to do is change the dashboard to XBMC (as primary) and it comes with all the apps to then after that all i need to do is install a new HD and im ready to go!!!

or if thats not how you do it get back :)

what i just said with the xbmc thing it worked great but the only thing that didnt work was the in game reset ( 2 triggers/back/black )

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

In game Reset is one of options in the settings of XBMC. So go in there and look for it.

Cheers....

19. cottenn

cottenn Guest

kool thanks bro this is good news :)

um for the new HD install is it possible to do it with UnleashX because evoX is just to slow :p

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yep, you can do anything you want. because you have the modchip.