1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

ok can u help me can i connect my computers power cable into my
    xbox hdd and will it fry anything and xexploer360 whatever its called
    do i axcess it from the bios or wait for the computer to fully boot then load the program from the desktop and is there any chance of messing the computer up(frying or dead forevea) or messing the xbox up (for ever and
    frying it)!!! plz give me ur email or your istant message for yahoo
    or aim and how do i become better than a noob!!!

2. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

also read the first post on page 5 the return said just ask to find the secondary cable well i am know asking i really need help.
    u have helped a little and i am willing to finally hotswap and need to know what my secondary ide cable on my computer and also will i need to give power to the xbox hard drive if so can i use the computers power and also i have 2 drive a plain ol cd reader and a sorta new dvd reader and cd burner and dvd burner and dual layer in the second one
    and i also have 2 harddrives in the computer 1 is a 160gig and the other is a 10 gig my computer is a emachines t6212 and it have been slightly modded with more ram and graphics card(overclocked) if that helps at all

so in short i need to know the secondary ide cable in a emachines t6212

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok.
    get back a little bit.

Open up the PC and look at the motherboard. There are 2 ide ports: primary ide and secondary ide.

The PC hdd connects to primary ide cable which connects to primary ide port. So leave this ide cable alone

Remove all the CD/DVD drive on the other ide cable which connects to secondary ide port. Xbox hdd will connect to this ide cable when do hotswap.

On xbox, dont disconnect the power cable from xbox hdd. Only disconnect ide cable from xbox's hdd when do hotswap. leave the power alone.

If you want to connect the power cable from PC to xbox's hdd, IT IS OK. the xbox's hdd is same thing like PC hdd. The only thing different is that xbox's hdd is locked and PC's hdd is NOT locked.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  4. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

but can that fry do to diff power voltages
    and how to become better than a noob

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

how can it be fried?
    xbox's hdd and pc's hdd are same hardware, same brand, same everything

6. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

i know i asked you but i think using the computer power would be safer

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes you can use PC power cable to connect to xbox's hdd

8. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

dont get rude and made but i heard the the xbox and computer uses
    different power voltages and also tell me ur aol name or yahoo so im would be faster

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

go to my page and look for my yahoo ID

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

wtf,
    rude?

11. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

what file do i need i have xbox explorer360 and it reads my mem card and
    what file do i need to install it to the oringal condition?
    and where do i get it i ll be gone today but should be back in about 6 hours... maybe less....then maybe more.........

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

on the first page, read RESTORE HDD. IF you want to install softmod file, download mhackxbox. Then read INSTALL SOFTMOD FILE on the first page.

just download and install explorer360 on PC. don't worry about which file for xplore360

13. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

if the computer is already on can i hotswapp or do i have reboot

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you can do hotswap with computer on. After you connect xbox hdd to PC, go to Device Manager to scan for a new drive. You will xbox hdd shown up. Then open xplorer360 and read the hdd.

15. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

i hate mod chips shur they fix bout anything but one little drop of melted metal on the mobo bye xbox forever.

16. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

the return get on yahoo

17. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I hot swapped my xbox last night using the mhack ready made softmod. Everything went smooth but I had no idea what the hell I was doing once my xbox had the new dashboard. The first time I turned it on it gave me a bunch of options, like "emulators" and other things. I turned it off and when I turned it back on I never saw that screen again. The only time I was able to see anything was when I had the tray open which popped up the menue for Softmod Installer Delux 4 (SID 4). Once in SID 4 I installed the UnleashX dashboard and the dualboot feature (I had no idea what the hell I was doing) and I wasn't able to play my backup of Mercenaries. I was, however, able to play Ninja Gaiden, but it was a legitimate disc not a backup.

So my question is once I have my system hotswapped, how do I get it set up to play backups? I cant seem to find guides on mhack's ready made softmod or any guides that tell what each feature does and how I should be configured.

I was getting frustrated and in the SID 4 menu I clicked to uninstall the dashboard, I figured it would just reverse taht install that it had dont when I installed unleashX but it actually reverted my xbox back to factory conditions so now I need to hotswap again. :(

I need help.

Thanks

18. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

i just got a used xbox from a friend and i have a few questions about the problems with it. first of all it loads up to the ms dashboard fine and it reads some disks aka gta:sa but it doesn't read others. when gta is done loading it says the disk is dirty or damaged. then i open the tray and the xbox flashes red/green and shows error 9. it never plays any games it always does the above. i have another modded xbox with an xecuter 3 chip and was wondering if i would hotswap the files from my modded xbox to the broken one would it make it work?

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Joshewah
    what are you doing? you did not read the tut.
    mhackxbox is complete softmod file. After you hotswap and copy it to xbox hdd, your xbox is softmoded now. So you can play backup right away.

DONT INSTALL SOFTMOD IF YOU HOTSWAP WITH SOFTMOD FILE. ONLY INSTALL SOFTMOD IF YOU CHOOSE RESTORE HDD TO FACTORY.

Anyway, good job

CHEER...........

@Jinx2011
    What are wrong with you? Just sit down and do it.
    How old are you? why are you so scare?

there is nothing going to fry your xbox and PC.

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@FrmDstryr
    is the broken xbox softmoded or hardmod? if dont know, open it up and check to see if the modchip installed.

let me know now, i will guide you more.