1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Original MS dash has these:

FOLDERs:
    Audio, Fonts, xboxdashdata, xodash

FILEs:
    xboxdash.xbe, Xbox.xtf, Xboxbook.xtf

YOu can get ms dash from your friend's xbox too.

2. operkins

operkins Member

i have those files they are in the xboxdashdata folder tho.....should they be in or out of the folder......thx

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Hmm... They are not the same.

I dont know why you have the in xboxdashdata folder. Insteresting!!!

Xbox.xtf and Xboxbook.xtf are in FONTs folder.

Xbox.xtf are Xboxbook.xtf are out side by themself.

BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT IN SIZE.

4. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

The Return, thanks a million for indirectly helping me. Your suggestion of xplorer360 was the catalyst I needed to finally get an Xbox I purchased off Ebay months ago back to life. I had given up last December and for some reason decided to try my hand at it again. Coupled with Xboxhdm I was able to perform the necessary steps to get it working and revel in sweet success after many, many hours of dead ends and frustration. ;)

If I hadn't succeeded this time I surely would have abandoned the project as hopeless. Thanks again!

5. DDunkler

DDunkler Member

does this delete my saved games/albums/etc/?

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well back them up to PC first. Then delete them. FTP them over xbox later.

If you cant get ms dash work, then try the softmod file 325MB.

7. techman2

techman2 Guest

but what if you dont want to take you xbox apart can you hook it up throught the network jack on the back?

Also Can you put music on you xbox by the networkjack w/o moddchip

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2006
  8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Then you can't do hotswap.

network jack won't work.

9. vietman

vietman Member

hey return, i really need your help. So i let my friend try to softmod my xbox but he messed up and got me an error message 16. I let him try to fix it but it didn't work. I decided to try it my self with your tutorial but now when i hotswap it, Xplorer 360 doesn't want to open it. Also after i connect it to my computer, it shows me another error message, error message 21. I heard that you could just fix that by turning off your xbox but now he won't get past the screen with the big x and microsoft symbol. PLease can you help me?

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

So when you turn on your xbox, you see microsoft logo shows up. Then it hang, doesn't it?

So when you do hotswap, make sure you disconnect IDE cable right after microsoft logo shows up and before xbox hang.

If you dont see microsoft logo, you still can do the hotswap. Disconnect IDE cable just before xbox hang.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2006
  11. Unicron1

Unicron1 Member

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

what? Hotswap fries xbox and pc.

That is not true. A lot of ppl and I did successfully. Maybe you are the only one.

Plus the tut from link above is hard for n00bs who will fry their xbox with that tut.

13. Unicron1

Unicron1 Member

What?

Man I don't know who you are but I'v been working on computers for over 20 years, and any time you go and pull cables out of the IDE channel and plug drives in you got a good chance of frying the mother board.

Besides If you make a backup of your EEPROM.BIN file as I suggest doing after you first mod your XBOX the restore CD I say to make is the best and safest way to restore or fix your xbox.

Sure if you never did it and don't have the skill or don't want to try the Eeprom method you can do a Hot Swap, BUT I still say for safty reasons and easy of doing, that ppl make the restore CD I tell them to in my tutor at least it will make it easier next time around...

After all were all here to make this a fun "hobby" for everyone!

Unicron

14. vietman

vietman Member

O.K. i got the thing to hotswap, but when i put the ms dash from the link onto it, now i get an error 16, with no microsoft thingy. However i was still able to hotswap it an am able to open it with Xplorer 360. i think the ms dash that i downloaded was bad, so i downloaded the Shademand softmod thing and it took forever, i got when 23 rar files named Shademand's Ready Made Xbox Softmod.r00 up to .r21 then one with just .rar, i unrar it, but they all unrar the same file Shademand's Ready Made Xbox Softmod.iso, which ones go into the C and E drives, or could you give me another link to get another MS dash? i can't get it from my friend because his xbox is modded and he deleted the MS dash. I also heard that you have to burn the .iso onto a CD then put it into your computer to access the files on it. can i just use the standard windows operation to burn this?thanks for trying to help me out man. i really appreicate it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you really need Shademand's Ready Made Xbox Softmod.iso 325MB. So try to download it or get a working ms dash from your friends.

Unrar softmod file you will have Shademand.r00 up to Shademand.r21. Then unrar Shademand.r00, you will have Shademand.iso then open it with iso software. You will see C and E folder. Then follow my instruction.

Otherwise, you can't fix your xbox.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2006
  16. vietman

vietman Member

yeah thanks that worked just fine

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

18. operkins

operkins Member

yo return....lets say that i followed everything to the "T" but forgot to reconnect the ide from xbox back to hdd.......okay i still recieve error....so i follow directions once again and this time i reconnect ide.....being that i forgot to reconnect the first time is my xbox no good......or could i install a larger hdd being that i backed up the hdd before hand...............Thx....................

19. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

can someone help me ive got error 16,had 13 cant read any games an d have evox.I cant get the microsoft logo either.

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@operkins

You forgot to reconnect xbox hdd back to xbox, this may make the xbox hdd stays unlock. If the hdd is unlock you will have error 5.

If not, then the hdd is still ok. Just do hotswap again.

@scamino1
    You can do hotswap anyway. Remember to disconnect IDE cable from xbox hdd just before it goes to error 16. Also use the Shamand softmod file 325MB.