1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

ok the return u wanna know why i am so scared because i have now clue what i am doin also my brother and his friend then build computers and programm and say that hotswapping can fry

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ah..
    I know what they think "Electro Static Discharge". To prevent this, just ware your wrist trap and ground yourself.

3. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I hotswapped again last night and did everything the same that I performed last time and it works fine now. The EvoX dash is the default and its able to boot my back ups. :) I guess the first time I did it something went wrong in the process becasue the evoX dash didnt boot, it would just be a black screen.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Alright,

Enjoy

5. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

can u make a ground wrist strap

6. niteowl27

niteowl27 Guest

I know you probly covered this but i was getting an error 16 on this box a friend gave me i installed a new dash then got error 5 so what i was wondering is since the entire hdd was blank is there anyway for me to get this running again since i cant find the eeprom unless im looking in the wrong place with the dl dashes.

thanks for any help

7. xchasmx

xchasmx Member

i finally got into my xboxs harddrive and fixed everything. thanks for all the help.

one more thing, is there any way to use hotswap to put the new halo maps on my xbox. if so could you tell me how to do it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  8. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

@ TheReturn the broken xbox has no mods at all but i would wish to do anything to make it work (aka soft or hard mods). i'd also like to have it play backups which is why i'm wondering if i could softmod it with hotswap.

9. Raymon117

Raymon117 Guest

You can use hotswap to put the maps on your Xbox, if you can't get your Xbox back up, try using the download link theReturn posted at the beginning of this guide. I know the clean M$ Dash works because I tried a different one first and it freaked out, so I did his link and now my xbox works perfect and I modded it again easily.

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@niteowl27
    if you still have error 5, you cant do hotswap. Your hdd either is NOT locked or the motherboard can't UNLOCKED.

You need eeprom or modchip to fix this xbox.

@xchasmx

cheers....

For halo maps, you should learn how to ftp. Sorry I dont have time to help you with this. You can search around.

@FrmDstryr
    you have 2 options:
    1/ hotswap will fix your xbox. download mhackxbox and ms dash on the first page. do hotswap use the mhack first. if it does not work, do hotswap again and use ms dash.

2/ if you good with install and reinstall x3 modchip, let me know.

11. Darc

Darc Member

12. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

ok i hotswapped all the mshack files to the correct folder i plugged the cable in and turned it off. when i turn it on it works good, when the dashboard starts to load the light turns red but it continues to load up. Slowly it goes to the evo x screen but it doesnt react to the controller and it is very jerky. (the evox in the background spins, stops, spins, stops) should i try to put the ms dash back on? how do i find my eeprom key?

13. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

it does react but very slowly it goes at about 1 frame per 3 seconds. im gonna try and put the ms dash on and see what it does.

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm...
    did you clean your hdd before copy mhackxbox files?

15. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

yes i cleaned everything, i've been playing with it (tried putting various dashboards on) for a little and now it plays backup games but it doesnt load the dashboard when there is a disk in i get error 21. if it fails to load (dirty disk error)or i restart from playing a game and i hit open or reboot it still gives error 9. if i start w/o a disk in it still gets about .3 fps in the evox dashboard, although it runs fine with ms dashboard. i'll continue to test things on it and try to target the problem.

but it works so im happy :)

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yep, you did hotswap successfully. GOOD JOB.

The only problem is missing files during copying OR files are transfer completely to xbox's hdd.

well I think about this, let you know if I have a solution.

17. antolen

antolen Member

ok i read the turtorial several times... maked sure if the IDE cables are set right... turn on my xbox microsoft logo appears under x i do hot swap computer loads slow untill i get into windows and its ok then ...then my computer finds the harddrive but Xplorer360 dosent find the hardrive... i checked several times the cable conecction the pc hdd is primary and xbox hd is secondary dont know what to do ... i have messed up with my soft mod i can load splinter cell exploit but when i try to backit up my backup is missong in C all my backup it in E.... and there is no reinstall option in my exploit only delete softmod I NEED HELP PLEASEEEEEEEE

18. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

is it possible that the harddrive is bad? i thought it worked but it would boot up some games but once the levels started to load it would say "dirty disk" every time. how do i find my eeprom so i can put a different harddrive in? im working on trying to get it to enable ftp but at .3 fps it takes forever.

19. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

can u do it if u have only 1 ide cable a primary

20. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

jinx as long has you have a cable that your pc boots from and a primary slot for the xbox hd you can do it