1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

oh god....
    this is how the jumper look like
    [​IMG]

just remove it and insert to other pins. Make sure you know which one is master,cable select and slave.

2. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

why do you say oh god i just asked and thanks

3. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

what do you suggest i remove the jumper with since it is so little and my fingers are so big

4. ferjero

ferjero Member

well based in the info in this tread i can ask this...
    i used hddmaker to unlock the hdd...
    i have it connected to my pc rite now.. i think that as slave...
    i wanna tae out some info from it..
    (btm this is a xbox hdd not 360)
    360xplorer says "no fatx found etc"
    disk manager (from windows) says "disk not assign".. and it prompts to create a volume in it.. of course my guess is that disk manager doesnt understand the file system... so.. how do i make this work?

5. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

also the hdd says if there is no jumper it is slave

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Jinx2011
    if it says no jumper is slave, then you remove the jumper before connect the hdd to PC.

NOTES: PC should work normally. If it slow down and take long time to boot up, your hdd is setting incorrectly.

@ferjero
    if you unlock the hdd with hddmaker, you can't relock the hdd. You end up with error 5 and need eeprom or modchip to fix it.

Well if you think that you can relock the hdd to original, then yes unlock it. Then connect it to PC as a second hdd. Open xplorer360, it will read the xbox hdd.

7. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

ok thanks my xbox hdd has 8 pins also

8. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

getting a computer from my friend to keep forever and using it to hotswap will this work it is a 800mhz processer 256mb ram 16mbvidram
    and 15gb hdd drive and windows 98se

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

i dont know if win98 will work. But it is a good try.

10. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

11. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

why wont 98work

12. RapCity

RapCity Member

@TheReturn

Awesome work you do. Had some questions of my own to see if you could answer them.

1. XBOX is softmodded already.
    2. Tryed may times to fix it by hotswapping, but think I just messed it up more.
    3. It only loads to this "green screen" with the statement ... "Your xbox requires service. Please call Xbox Customer Support."

Now if I do your way of hotswapping, can I fix this? To get it to the normal M$ Dashboard? So I can finally see whats on the xbox, and to mod it again?

- I have a friends xbox also "Not every touched" that I could hotswap to get his M$ Dashboard off to send to the broken modded one.

Thanks,

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  13. ferjero

ferjero Member

well guess what it did not work.. so im doing something else... i connected the xbox hdd as master and 2 20 gigs hdd's as slaves and booted into xboxhdm, xbrowser, i was able to mount both drives but the transfer rate is slow.. i need to find out how to use dam instead of the default PIO and also increase the bus speed...

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Jinx2011
    windows 98 is too old. The xplorer360 may not work properly.
    Well, I did not try on Win98. You try it and let me know.

@RapCity
    Yep my hotswap will fix your xbox and your friend's xbox. Make sure to download mhackxbox.rar and ms dash on the first page. Follow the tut to do hotswap with mhackxbox first.

How did you do hotswap before? what can't you fix your xbox? Which method did you use for hotswap?

@ferjero
    I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  15. RapCity

RapCity Member

First Attempt:
    I tried the audio cd way, where you play the song off the xbox hdd, boot computer, pause it, pause the song on xbox, hotswap.
    Second Method
    "The `Noob` Tutorial on Using The Font/Audio Exploits With The Hard Drive Swap Trick
    (Or "The Complete Idiots Guide to Setting Up an Exploit`"...)" from .. a tut on xbox-scene.com
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=ST&f=45&t=73720

First off, the xbox loads, then goes right to the "green screen" with the statement ... "Your xbox requires service. Please call Xbox Customer Support." and then the LCD starts flashing red/green.

So when am I to hotswap?

I attempted to do it, but when I hotswapped, loaded computer and what not, that xplorer360 wouldn't read the xbox hdd, it said something about can't find fatx or something?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

try to download all 3 versions of xploerer360: beta3, 4 and 5. Then install 1 at a time. I suggest install beta4 first.

with my tut, you do hotswap and disconnect ide cable from xbox hdd at the time the logo just shown up. Then connect it to secondary ide cable on PC. Continue load to windows. PC should load normally. Open xplorer360 to read xbox hdd. if it not read, uninstall this version and install other version and read the xbox hdd again.

If 3 xploerers did not read the hdd, do hotswap again for 3 times. You can disconnect ide cable from xbox's hdd just before the logo shown up too.

17. RapCity

RapCity Member

Ok, Will download all three and try that, will post results back later.

18. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

ok get this thereturn i finally get the computer and get ready to hotswap and am downloading the file via ftp from the good computer to the old one and when i am just ready my mom say wait i dont want you to do this youll shock yourself to death and now she has the computer and my xbox locked in her clostet because i said i am still goin to do it

but the question will i get shocked to death???

i say no but what do you say

19. RapCity

RapCity Member

Go lock your mother in the closest .. she is stupid! You won't get shocked!

20. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I know this question isn't directed toward me, but I feel the need to step in. The possibiblity exsists for you to be shocked, but as long as you aren't performing the hot swap outside, in the rain, while standing in a puddle up to your ankles you will be fine. The largest risk is the other way around with you shocking the computer with static electricity. As long as you are grounded before starting the procedure you should have no problems with static electricity. As for you getting shocked... Its very unlikely to happen.