1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. adslalng

adslalng Guest

Good day,

I have a similar issue with an error code 16...after changing out the original Hdd (clicking noise from it). I firstly got error code 13 (IDE)or Hdd error, replaced IDE zip happened, then replaced Hdd got green screen then defaulted to error code 16 top corner of screen. Reading your schpeel about hot swapping I'm not quite sure with it the X box is standard(unmodded). I am tempted to launch into it but thought I might run my predicament passed you first.

Can you help here?

2. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

its been a few days since i posted anything, i messed up my motherboard's video output thing for the monitor and i thought i was screwed but i got a cheap video card on the way to keep tryin to hotswap, i just got a few q's
    my motherboard has 2 different ide slots, one is white and one is black which is the primary and secondary?
    @thereturn, you were writing about changing the jumper on the xbox hdd, why does one need to do this? and which one should it be on b4 and after the swap?also i dont know which is which so using the pic u posted 10. April 2007 @ 09:17 if u could list em from L to R that would be great
    thats all i can think of for now, any help is always greatly appreciated, THANKS

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@sk8flawzz
    where does the PC's hdd connect to black or white one? So that one is primary.

For the jumper that I post the Apr 10, That is for the other guy. That post is not for everybody because his motherboard has ONLY 1 IDE slot.

You just make sure the jumper on xbox's hdd is set to Cable Select or Master

@adslalng
    first read the tut carefully and try to understand all the steps.
    second download all 3 versions of xplorer360, mhachxbox.rar and ms dash.
    third understand your PC. Know which one is primary and secondary ide cable.

Now you are ready to do hotswap

4. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

@thereturn
    its a custom built pc a friend gave me, and its on the white one, and thanks for the info on the jumper, i havnt switched it around so im good to go as soon as i get my new video card, ill post again when i get it right, or not..

5. adslalng

adslalng Guest

@ThReturn..

Cheers, had something else happen, the eject button flashes red and green, then on your advice from another thread tried running a late model game and booted it then had error code 05 requires service. I then removed the disc, rebooted and it went back to error code 16, is this cool?
    thanks for ya help here!!

6. adslalng

adslalng Guest

--@TheReturn...

This method soft mod's the machine hey? at this stage would be good to get running in any form, what advantages are there between chip and soft mod...

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@sk8flawzz
    so the PC's hdd is on the white ide slot. What are on the black ide slot?

@adslalng
    what wrong with your xbox? is it the upgraded hdd? did you get xplorer360 to read the xbox hdd?

8. adslalng

adslalng Guest

@TheReturn

No not at that stage as yet..can't seem to down load mhachxbox.rar it says download exceeds limit???? I have downloaded the toolbox from your link in the hotswap thread...is there any other site to get from?

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

no, that the only site to download.
    when you do hotswap and at the time you disconnect ide cable from xbox's hdd, make sure the LED stays green. If it flashes red/green, hotswap wont work.

In the case it flashes red/green early, you disconnect ide cable just before the LED flashes red/green.

10. adslalng

adslalng Guest

@TheReturn..

getting this message "Your IP address 220.245.218.200 has just downloaded 147537947 bytes. Please wait 2 minutes, then try your download again."

I Have been trying for 1 hour ????any ideas.

Ok so disconnect IDE cable just before flashing starts?

I don't see any point untill I can down load all software ??

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well you can't download now. But you can practice to do hotswap. You just need xplorer360 installed on PC. Once you get xplorer360 to read xbox's hdd, you success to do hotswap.

Then wait to download mhackxbox and copy it to xbox's hdd per my tut.

12. adslalng

adslalng Guest

@ TheReturn

I don't see the microsoft logo at all and the code 16 keeps coming up even after disconnect the ide cable, does this matter?

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you just disconnect ide cable just before error 16. Also watch the LED to make sure it stays green at the time you disconnect ide cable.

After you disconnect ide cable, dont worry about xbox anymore. Now focus on PC.

14. walkden07

walkden07 Member

will this not work if u loaded the game inside?

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes it will work if you do hotswap with the game inside dvd drive.

16. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

@thereturn
    there was nothing on that one, thats where i tried connecting the xbox hdd for the hotswap

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yep, the xbox's hdd will connect there

18. adslalng

adslalng Guest

@TheReturn,

after disconnecting the IDE cable from PC to commence the download to Xbox, my Pc won't boot past the memory test on boot up... does any one have an idea what may have happened?

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you have your connection problem. Tell what are on primary and secondary ide cable on PC.

There are 2 ide cable on PC. PC's hdd connects to 1 ide cable. It should be primary ide.

So the other ide cable is secondary. Remove all drives on this ide cable before doing hotswap. Xbox's hdd will connect to this ide cable when doing hotswap.

20. adslalng

adslalng Guest

@TheReturn,

Primary IDE PC Hdd and mother board.
    Secondary IDE DVD and mother board.

I understand what your are explaining but since disconnecting the secondary IDE, my won't boot past the memory test, so I can not do the hotswap at this stage.