1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

that is strange...
    how old is the PC?

The PC should not have problem if you remove the DVD drive OR even remove the whole IDE cable of the DVD drive.

2. adslalng

adslalng Guest

only 1 year\old...I know, is there a website that I can check this prob out???

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

urrg... I dont know.
    Ask someone who knows how to build PC. He will help you out.

4. boc7269

boc7269 Member

i got a question. i modded my xbox and i got banned from live. and at the beginning of this thread it says you need to get a new eeprom to be able to get on live. so i transfered my account from my broken xbox to a different xbox and it still says I'm banned. shouldn't i be able to get on since its a different xbox and eeprom and everything.

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

when they banned your xbox which means they banned your xbox's MAC address, eeprom and your account. So your account is closed now.

So now you need to open a new account. However, you can't use the modded xbox on this new account because they know this xbox got banned before. That is why people change eeprom for the xbox then open a new account.

6. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

I know this question isn't directed toward me, but I feel the need to step in. The possibiblity exsists for you to be shocked, but as long as you aren't performing the hot swap outside, in the rain, while standing in a puddle up to your ankles you will be fine. The largest risk is the other way around with you shocking the computer with static electricity. As long as you are grounded before starting the procedure you should have no problems with static electricity. As for you getting shocked... Its very unlikely to happen. FROM JOSHEWAH

Ya i know that static it the only thing i know of but i was shur of anything else but ya your disconnecting a cable that is insultated and they is no possibilty that a insulted cable will shock your to death but
    thanks any way

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  7. XBBO

XBBO Guest

hey return:

Hey I saw a tutioral that said that you need to put the xbox hdd on primary master, and the PC Hdd on secondary master. How is that diffrent from what you do?

Also, After I back up C and E off of broken xbox, do I delete files, then Put my back up c and e on there??

8. XBBO

XBBO Guest

Can someone help??

After I do the swap I get a hard drivehr error.
    It detects the drive, but gives me a hard drive error before windows boots.

I tried to put PC hdd on primary master, and xbox on secondary hdd.

Then I tried the other way,Xbox hdd on primary master, and PC on secondary hdd.

I pulled the hard drive right when the white microsoft came up.
    Should the xbox hdd be on cable select?? Can I plug Xbox hdd in After
    Windows loads up, and just search for it in device manager??

Please help.

9. Ferny84

Ferny84 Member

So what are the chances I will be electrocuted while doing this?

10. mess_37

mess_37 Member

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP??????????

Okay I did the hotswap back to factory settings, my MS dashboard is back running.. but my XBOX is showing 0 blocks total and aviailable???

and when I reconnect my XBox to PC I cant see Partition 4???
    I can see partitions 0-3... but not Partiton 4????

Please help.

Thanks.

11. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

you will not get shocked god

the return if the xplorer360 is compatible with 98se will the hotswap work and will i be able to ...????????

12. mess_37

mess_37 Member

does anyone know why partition 4 will not show up?? through xplorer360?? or why the xbox does not read the partition?

thanks.

13. ktothec13

ktothec13 Member

@mess_37:

Not really sure why it wouldn't show partition 4, but did you try creating one in it's place to see if it would work?

14. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

i am getting a 360 and fixing my xbox friday

15. mess_37

mess_37 Member

How do I create a partition?

I tried using XBOXHDM... no luck...

Is there anyway I could create a boot disc that will erase my XBox HDD and re-partition the drives for me and include the MS dashboard?

I'm able to boot to MS Dash now.. but I still cant run anything..?

16. bodygas

bodygas Member

if i do the pause/break thing my computer's bios gets flashed and freaks out... so i jus plug the xbox HD into my secondary port while i'm already booted up and windows finds it and installers drivers and all that great crap... but xplorer360 doesn't... when i have xplorer 360 look for it it jus says "partition 0", but the point is xplorer360 doesn't find it... but my computer does... grr help...

17. JDubbs187

JDubbs187 Guest

alright wondering if i could get alittle help here..

i been trying to softmod for the past day or two. I am going to do it by hotswaping. My problem is there is only one IDE cable which is spliced at the end. So I usually only have my DVD-RW plugged into it. Everytime I try to hotswap then boot into XBOXHDM I press 1 and it says it failed to find a hard drive.. any suggestions?

18. ferjero

ferjero Member

well... i wanted to save the info from my hdd... thats done and i have my xbox back up and running
    what i did was to boot up xboxhdm with the 160 xbox hdd's and 2 20 gigs hdd's to save the info to.
    u mounted both hdd's and activated dma to speed up the transfer and now everything is ok :)
    i just came back to thank ya for trying to help (even do u didnt ;-) )
    so i might pass by this place and help others as well :p

19. ktothec13

ktothec13 Member

Hmm...I was thinking about adding folders to partitions sorry! And as far as using a disk to reformat the hard drive, all I see is ways to do it with a mod chip installed, I just don't understand why it doesn't have a forth partition, are you using xplorer360? Is it the most up to date version? I had problems of an older version not reading my hard drive at all and got a newer version and it worked fine.

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Sorry, I was really sick.

Look like you guys get lost on hotswap.

Basiccally, what's wrong which your xbox? which error code? How did you do hotswap?