1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yep, you dont have to buy another hdd. YOu just need eeprom of your xbox. Then you can rebuild the hdd.

to get eeprom, you need modchip or build yourself the eeprom reader.

2. Uzohoe

Uzohoe Member

So then there is no possible way for me to fix my hardrive(hotswap isnt going to work?.

So am im left with Buying a modchip(expensive way but easiest) or building myself an EEPROM (hardiest and not expensive).

What do you sugguest? Are chips refundable? hehe building a EEPROM seems pretty complicated but its a challege but if I can till hotswap or if you know of a website I can buy chips and return them after use. thanks once again your the best!

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

error 16 is possible to do hotswap. In your case, it may not work. It is also possible computer problem too. Some computers wont work with xbox hdd.

It is hard for me to tell. Anyway, hotswap does not work right now. If you are good, just spend $20 to get a modchip. Or Bring your xbox with mhackxbox.rar to a Pro modder in your local area. And ask him to install modchip for temp. Then ftp mhackxbox files to the hdd per my tut on the first page. Then remove modchip, xbox will work again. He probably charge you for little money.

4. tocen

tocen Member

do you put the long ide cord with lots of small holes in it in the xbox hdd. and keep the one with the 4 colored wires in it in?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  5. Uzohoe

Uzohoe Member

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. Uzohoe

Uzohoe Member

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

9. Uzohoe

Uzohoe Member

Im sorry but I can't tell or see, but do I have to solder this chip?

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes you do
    goto aladin site to check it out the tut.

11. 0S1R1S

0S1R1S Member

This hot swap method works great! I obtained an old XBOX from a friend who messed something up when he was softmodding it. I basically had it striped for parts when I stumbled up this post. I was getting the error about the system clock not being present. I disconnected the DVD, ran a power from the computer into the XBOX drive and started XBOXHDM. Then started the XBOX and swapped the IDE with perfect timing first try. I replaced the corrupt C with a back up from my other box and sure enough.. XBOX FROM THE DEAD!

Thanks!

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Woow... sound simple.

Anyway goood job

Cheers.....

13. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Member

I have a problem. I've been trying to do this for quite some time now by using Xplorer360. I have only had the pleasure to enjoy many failed attempts, so I tried to do it through xboxhdm. When I booted up the HDD through xboxhdm it kept telling me it was locked.. The computer I'm using has a SATA HDD. I believe I have it in the correct IDE Port since it can tell me it's locked...or maybe that's why it keeps telling me it's locked?...Any suggestions?

- I have error code 16.
    - The Microsoft logo never appears before it goes into the error screen.
    - I try doing this with a game in the disc tray because it prolongs the error screen by about 15 seconds.(still no MS logo).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

So you know the problem. Xbox can't unlock the hdd. That is why xplorer360 and xboxhdm can't read the xbox's hdd.

The trick of hotswap is to use xbox to unlock the hdd then connect it to PC. So xplorer360 and xboxhdm can read it.

Right now, just tell me when you disconnect the hdd from xbox. Also at the time you disconnect the hdd, does the LED flash red/green?

15. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Member

I understand the basis of what I'm trying to do. I unplug the xbox while the "X" and "XBOX" logo are on the screen. The light is still green.

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yep you did it right. The hdd should be unlocked. Does your PC slow down when you do hotswap?

Well did you try to connect the xbox's hdd to other IDE port? If not, try it.

did you try all version of explorer360?

well, if not, download all versions of explorer360 beta3 to beta6.
    Then do hotswap again. Open eplorer360 to read xbox hdd. If can't find FatX, close xplorer360. Then open another one. Try all version.

17. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Member

Slow? I don't notice anything. And one or twice xboxhdm was a bit laggy. I'm not exactally sure what copy of xplorer360 I've got. I checked the .exe file and it said it's version 0.8.0.1. That's the only one I've tried. But I think xboxhdm should still work.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm... yeah.. xboxhdm should work too.

Look like the xbox's hdd never get unlocked. Since you did correctly, I dont know what else to try. Unless you can borrow a modchip.

19. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Member

Grr. I'll try it some more then resort to that. I know this doesn't have to do with this thread but modchips are not that expensive, are they? And they're not hard to get?

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the cheapest one is $10
    it is not hard to get