1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. 0S1R1S

0S1R1S Member

yeah some chips arent expensive. but then you have to solder them on to your board. unless you spend the money on a good chip with a solderless adapter. but there you go with that money thing again..

2. waybrane

waybrane Member

what does it mean when the button flashes red before it gets to the xbox "x" and i don't see a microsoft logo? is it possible to start the cable switch before u reach that point?

3. HondaRida

HondaRida Member

ok i am stuck on one part. When i connect the ide cable from my pc to my xbox do i use the one on the disc drive or on the hard drive of the pc? I have 2 harddrives and 1 cd drive on my pc. But 2 of the ide cables go into the motherboard. I am confused on which to use. Thanks, Brandon.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Unplug the cable from the back of the Xbox HDD. Unplug the PCs CD-ROM cable from the drive (Other side still attached to motherboard) and connect that into the Xbox.

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@waybrane
    What I mean is that you disconnect IDE cable from xbox's hdd BEFORE the error shown up AND LED flashing red/green.

@HondaRida
    You have 2 ide cables that connect to motherboard. On the motherboard, it tell you IDE 1 and 2. IDE 1 is primary. IDE 2 is secondary.

The HDD with OS on PC connects to primary IDE. So leave this IDE alone.

Remove all devices on secondary IDE but leave the cable connected to motherboard. Do hotswap and connect this cable to xbox's hdd.

Note: your PC should work normally during hotswap. IF not, your connections are wrong.

6. HondaRida

HondaRida Member

thanks for the great tut, my xbox works and no more error 21 :) Now the only problem I have is it loads the game halo 2 fine but my maps for split screen dont load? but they dont fail either.

7. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Member

I've had that problem every now and again. I mainly had it when I loaded halo of the Xbox's HDD, but I occasionally had it when playing of the actual DVD. For some reason It just stops loading or times out. Not sure why.

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@HondaRida

Good job......

Cheers...

For the problem, what do you use to fix the xbox? I recommend the mhackxbox.rar file over the Shademand file.

9. HondaRida

HondaRida Member

I used xplorer360 and put the dash on that way. I used the clean dash that you had a link for. I mean everything works now I am so glad! But I havent got the maps to work. I will try something later, maybe copy it to my hdd and try. Thanks again!

10. ovuka92

ovuka92 Guest

Big Problem,How can i fix an ERROR E66. It occured when i instaled an update for my Darkness game,i read that this error accures when the DVD drive and the dashboard drive dont have the same update, i guess i shoul mension that i have a firmware update which i can read non original cds and that my darkness game was probably downloaded.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.....HELP!!!

11. ovuka92

ovuka92 Guest

I FOUND OUT ON LLAMMA WEB SITE THAT I CAN FIX ANY BAD UPDATES BY HOLDING THE SYNC UP BUTTON,BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE WORKING,PLEASE HELP WITH THE PROBLEM I POINTED OUT EARLYER

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

damn... what error is that....
    Is it xbox360?
    If yes, you are in a wrong forum.

13. mrmatt17

mrmatt17 Member

Hey i'm trying to do hotswap because i got error 16. Do i have to download all those different versions of xplorer360? I unplugged the ide cable from my hdd while the xbox was loading up and i don't get the white microsoft logo but after i do this i get error seven but i think the hdd is unlocked. Also when i try to boot my pc when i press the break/ pause button, it doesn't do anything and it just keeps booting. and if i plug the secondary ide cable into the xbox hdd, my pc just freezes up. Please help!! i'm not sure if i know what i'm doing

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yep you need all explorer360.

In your case, the break/pause key is not working. So just load to windows then do hotswap.

You should know there are 2 ide cables on PC. The PC's hdd is on the primary cable. So leave this cable alone.

The other ide calbe is secondary cable. remove all devices on this cable. It will connect to xbox's hdd.

Your PC won't be freeze if you do it right. Also you to Device Manager to scan a new drive. So PC can recongize the xbox's hdd

Open explorer360 (one by one) to read the xbox hdd.

15. mrmatt17

mrmatt17 Member

When i disconnect my hdd from my xbox i get error 7 so i don't know if it's unlocked or not? I'll tonight and see if i can get my computer to work. When i plug it into the xbox hdd it just freezes but i'll keep trying. I need xplorer360 3, 4, 5, and 6 right?

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes, you need them.

You can also try to disconnect IDE cable from xbox's DVD drive then do hotswap. Should get error 12 when disconnect DVD drive.

17. element29

element29 Regular member

Hey, I heard that hotswapping can UNLOCK my HD for computer use again.

I dont want to use it in my xbox anymore, just PC. What do I have to do im Xplorer360?

18. element29

element29 Regular member

The Microsoft Logo doesn't come up. It just goes straight from big X to the error screen.

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

20. MadRus

MadRus Guest

Ok, well here is another hopeless xbox user here. I been reading your forum here for about 3 days now, hoping that i would find someone with the same problem. All of them are similar, but not quiet. Here it is, havent used my xbox1 for about 6 months, turned it on and got the error 16 with the call the customer support mssg. INstalled Xplorer360, was able to see partitions on my drive. All but one were empty. The last partition #4 had files in, rest were empty. Contains: Apps, backup, cache and the rest. Sorry about the long mssg here, but here are my questions. Since Xplorer360 won't let me do anything in it, and i already tried to unlock my drive, what is eeprom and configmagic and how do i use them if i can? I'm sure i will have more question, but just wanted to start with these....